Confrontation II

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Taura linked hands with Tayla as the latter’s sister approached them, “Don’t you think it’s funny?”

            Tayla held her head high. While Taura eyed the multiple sirens surrounding them, any slightest movement and she feared they would pierce one of them. “I find none of this funny, sister. What do you think you’re going to accomplish?”

            Tyna tapped her chin with a playful smirk on her face. She swam back a bit and outstretched her arms with a chuckle, “Why I’m just proving myself to the queen.”

            She swam around them in circles carefree as if there wasn’t a war going on just on the shores of the island. Talya squeezed Taura’s hand as a low growl sounded from her chest, “Well, you’ve proved nothing.”

            “Are you sure about that? I think that I have proved everything.” Tyna’s eyes grew dark as she glared passed Talya to Taura. The mermaid froze.

            “I’ve managed to wipe out a majority of that filth of a race and have the human’s under my thumb. The only thing left for me to do is take my place as queen, like it was supposed to be in the beginning.” Tyna signaled for the other guards to back away from the two. Taura breathed a sigh of relief but the sudden tug she felt from Tayla told her not to keep her guard down. Both eyed their surroundings a bit more closely when from the distance Taura could make out two figures being brought closer to the trio. It was Meri (Mira) and her father who Taura immediately recognized as one of the men who was there in the palace when she found most of her people dead. Taura immediately let go of Tayla’s hand but she latched back onto her wrist with a tight grip. The mermaid cried out to be free. She wanted to let out her anger and frustration onto him and the girl beside him, “Let me go!”

            Meri and her father were held back by two guards but they feared the worst in the presence of their princess, now queen. Both had their heads down not wanting to meet eyes with Taura. “You can thank them for most of your problems, your majesty. They came to me with a request I just couldn’t refuse. You see, they were the ones that wanted your family gone and for the most part they did their part…except for you.”

            Taura’s eyes grew blue as her power raged within her. Her heart was ready to burst and even if she died in that moment, she wouldn’t care. What more could I lose besides my life? Using her strength, Taura broke from Tayla’s grasp and pushed her behind her as she let out a sound that had the four in front of her cringing and screaming for mercy. Their hands at their ears, their screams were soon silenced because Taura was brought down by Tyna. A hand was clamped over as a sharp blade was placed to her back.

            “Shh. Sh. The last thing I want to see is the death of two queens in one day. What fun would that be?” Tyna turned Taura around to show her that Tayla was in the same position as she was. The other Siren wasn’t struggling. Instead, she gave Taura a look that told her to do the same. Taura fought to free from Tyna’s grasp and successfully did so with a gasp, “The only person that’s going to die today is you.”

            Taura took her elbow and rammed Tyna in the face as hard as she could before quickly turning around to reach for the blade in her hand. She ripped it from her hands and lunged for Tyna but missed as she moved to the side with a hiss. The mermaid’s eyes narrowed in on her target.

            “Taura behind you!”

            She whipped around to see a male guard coming after her. Taura didn’t flinch as she threw a punch to his gut and caught him around

Please log in to read the full chapter