052

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Ran jolted forward at the sudden impact. She screamed out as she turned to see who had shot her. It was a female siren who smirked in Ran’s direction as she took another spear and aimed it at Ran’s chest. The mermaid tried to move her right arm but it only caused a wave of pain to run through her limb and left her defenseless. She swam backwards away from the other female but the siren followed suit at a much faster speed.

            She shut her eyes, hoping everything would go away. Ran tried to push herself in a direction away from the siren but she still waited for her. She waited for her death.

            Instead of feeling the spear pierce her, she could hear it pierce someone else who fortunately wasn’t her. The mermaid opened her eyes slowly to see Sehun pulling out the spear he used to kill the siren who was after her. He pushed her body aside and swiftly swam to the girl. Blood seeped from the wound where the spear had pierced and the fact it stuck out from her body scared Sehun as he tugged on her left arm, “You need to get out of the water!”

            Ran shook her head with a sigh, “What’s the use?”

            The tip of the spear wasn’t buried deep in her skin but it was deep enough to where pulling it out would cause more harm than good. Sehun continued to tug on her arm towards the island. He wasn’t going to let another one of Taura’s friends die.

            “Taura needs you, how can you say what’s the use?” Sehun yelled at Ran as she swam behind him slowly. He looked back at her to see her eyes slowly close. “Ran! Hey! Ran!”

            The mermaid could hear his voice but it sounded so far off it felt surreal. Her body started to feel weak and she could feel her body slowly sink as her tail refused to move. Sehun pulled her to him and cupped her cheek, giving it light taps to keep her conscious, “Ran! Come on!”

            Sehun stared at the spear in her back, debating if he should pull it out or leave it in and get her to shore. She was getting weaker by the minute, and being in the water wasn’t helping her cause. He tugged her up towards the surface and swam close to it with Ran’s back out of the water. He pulled her along and as the water grew shallow he braced himself for the impact of the waves as it pushed both of them to the shore. He used his upper body strength to drag both of them away from the water and to dry sand where he placed Ran on her stomach and looked over her wound.  If he pulled it out, he would surely kill her. If he left it in, she would still die.

            “Ran?” He her hair away from her face to see she had her eyes closed. The man grew scared and leaned closer to  see she still breathed, but he could see it was hard for her.

            “I’m going to die, Sehun. Just go.” The mermaid didn’t bother to open her eyes. She accepted her fate and only hoped that Taura, her family, and even Sehun would accept it too. Breathing was getting harder and she could feel her heartbeat grow slower and slower with each strained breath. Sehun had no words of comfor

Please log in to read the full chapter