33

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Before going home, she had one more favor to ask of Talya. She only hoped this time it wouldn’t be as burdensome. Ever since she turned back it was, or better yet he was, something that wouldn’t leave her mind and for good reason, and that something happened to be the one person she really left behind. She kneaded her hands repeatedly while her heart beat against her chest. She wanted to see him again very badly. I hope you’re doing okay Kyungsoo.

            Taura found Talya in a small room lined with bottles and viles of all sorts of colors and sizes. The room was small but the ceiling stretched much higher than any normal room with every nook and cranny stuffed with bottles. The mermaid looked up in awe with wide open when Talya spotted her. Up on what looked to be the tenth shelf on the wall, Talya swam down to the mermaid holding up a vile, “Like what you see?”

            The mermaid didn’t know what she meant exactly when Talya chuckled and put the bottle to the side, “Is there something I can do for you, Taura?”

            By the sound her voice, Taura knew that Talya understood Taura’s visit already. She laughed, scratching the back of her head, “I want to take you up on that offer of owing me something?”

            The siren swam back up and plucked a few more bottles from their shelves before raising a brow at the girl behind her, “Oh? And what might that be?”

            Taura pouted, unsure if this was the right thing to do. Turning to look at some of the concoctions herself, the mermaid sighed. I’m being selfish. “By the sound of that sighing, it can’t be good.”

            Talya had an armful of bottles and was rearranging them with a smirk, “Just come out with it, princess.”

            With a great huff, Taura blurted, “I want you to make me human again!”

            Talya dropped some of bottles from her hand, but they only floated around her as she swam through them and down to the girl, “You want to be what?”

            Taura blushed. It was hard saying it the first time. She rubbed her arms with her head down, “I want to be human again just for a few days, before…before I go back home.”

            Talya softened a bit while cupping Tuara’s face so she could look her in the eye. Their eyes the same dark brown, Taura laughed nervously having her stare at her so intently, “Stupid, I know. But I just, I need to go back, one more time.”

            Taura didn’t want to say more, but she didn’t have to either. Talya knew. She patted Taura’s cheek before swimming away from her to one of the upper shelves. Rummaging through som

Please log in to read the full chapter