31

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Taura sat with Sehun on the floor of her room with their tails outstretched before them. Sehun eventually laid down on his back with his arm shielding his eyes, “I want to go back home.”

            Taura curled up her tail a bit and plucked a loose scale, “You are home.”

            “This place…it isn’t home.” Sehun mumbled while turning to his side away from the girl. He really missed his friends. He missed going on adventures with them, he missed hearing them bicker, he missed it all. He may be a Siren but he recognized with humans for the past eight years. This world was foreign to him just as much as the human world was foreign to Taura. He sighed just as Taura patted his bare shoulder, “I miss them too.”

            She missed them greatly and in heart she knew it was Kyungsoo who she missed the most. Him and his grandfather, they’d certainly left their mark on her heart and just thinking about the look Kyungsoo gave her the moment she plunged back into the water made her heart weak. At least she kept him safe like his grandfather had asked. That made her at ease knowing he was out of harm’s way but her curiousity as to how he and the rest of them were doing ate at her.

            “We’re going to have to leave this place, you know that right?” Sehun finally turned to Taura who was still playing with the scale she had plucked.

            “What do you mean?” Taura let the scale go and watched as it floated in front of her when Sehun caught it.

            “There is still a missing prince and Mira to worry about. Mira escaped when you took her down with you, remember?” The Siren played with the scale as it reflected the light each time he turned it.

            “She’s a mermaid and a part of the upper class, but I’ve never seen her before." Taura curled her tail up while gathering up her hair in her hands. through the strands, Taura's mind began to ponder at what was happening. "Unless that Mira wasn’t the real Mira. But then what happened to the real princess? Just thinking about it, something tells me that the Mira with us wasn’t the real one at all because when I saved the princess the first time she didn’t change into a mermaid in the water! Something happened to the real princess!”

            Taura swam up and around the room in realization, tapping her chin with her fingers, “She must have been kidnapped with the prince Kai and replaced during that ship attack and then from what Taehyung was saying about how his ship was attacked, it’s not just the Sirens but the mermaids too and that has to be how Mira, or whoever that mermaid is, is involved. It has to be? Mermaids can’t take down ships like that and we don’t have the tenacity to but Sirens do. But Sirens don’t take prisoners, they’d just kill everyone but mermaids…they would take prisoners. Is this really it? Or am I speaking nonsense? Really, where did all of that come from?”

            She was thinking more to herself but out loud. Her freedom of speech making her thoughts more open, it felt like the tape over had been ripped off. Sehun did his best to follow her thought process when he stared at the mermaid in amusement, “I see now why my mother shut your trap while

Please log in to read the full chapter