30

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

            “There’s so much to say, I’m sure, but where would you like me to start?” Talya offered seeing that the situation between the two of them was anything but comfortable. She swept her hair to the side and held it down with her hand as Taura smoothed out her tail repeatededly.

            “Could you possibly tell me the story of how you met your husband?”

            Talya let go of her hair, letting it float freely around her as her face fell a bit. She smiled twirling a ring on her left finger, “Sehun told you about that?”

            “Just the gist of it,” The mermaid mumbled when Talya sighed as she leaned back in her chair, “I suppose I can tell you.

            Well it happened rather quickly, mind you, I was young and completely naïve. His ship happened to be passing over our territory and as assignment from the queen back then, five other Sirens and I had to take the ship down and kill the men to prove to her we were the right candidates to become queen. How our system of hierarchy works isn’t exactly bloodline, we have to prove our ability to the current ruler in order to rule ourselves. Siren and even mermaid children don’t come often so it would seem strange to go off of bloodlines, but I digress. Well, the moment of truth came and of course I was ready. My sister and I were a strange pair to the Siren world being twins and all,we had powers no one else seemed to own and that made us a threat.        

            The ship was taken down within minutes. The men onboard didn’t stand a chance, they were just merchants, they had no real weapons to fight us with. Hm, little did I know I didn't stand a chance either.”

            Talya stopped to giggle. Her laugh airy, childlike and completely contagious, Taura was familiar with that feeling.

            “His name I later found out was Donghae,” she laughed again, “East Sea? Ha, he was an idiot I decided to save because I couldn’t bring myself to kill a man with such an eye catching face. As vain as my intentions were, I only meant to save him. I didn’t think falling for him like I did was ever a part of my plan. Well that’s what happened. No one knew I saved him and to the queen, my sister and I were the clear successors to our line of rulers but which one of us who would ultimately get the title was another thing.

            I ended up checking up on Donghae almost every day after that. He worked on the pier a lot and occasionally fished off the coast. Seeing him so much, drove me crazy so I did the unthinkable at the time and turned myself human. I disappeared for almost three years because I went to him and fell in love but that meant of course telling him what I was. He didn’t care at all and we got married and had Sehun.

            I don’t think I could have been happier in that moment when I had him. I had broken Siren traditions that ran for generations and married myself off to a human and had a child. I was asking for exhile basically, but I would’ve given anything to be human. I would have given anything for Sehun to be just human and we were under that impression for awhile until we took him to the beach for the first time.

            His bright green tail, and when I ran after him in the water, my green tail. Donghae told us to go, he knew it would be a danger to stay. But where were we to go? I couldn’t come back home with a baby after what I did they would have him

Please log in to read the full chapter