27

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Sehun swam as fast as he could as far as he could away from the ship. The water was dark and his sense of direction completely distorted. He wasn’t used to being in the water at all. With his two legs tied together in the form of a single tail, Sehun felt out of his element but with a dying girl in his arms he had to get somewhere and fast. Why isn’t she turning back? Why is she still human? The Siren looked at the girl in his arms with distress seeing that her transformation wasn’t occurring. If she were to stay like this, they would have to surface and swimming to help would prove much more difficult.

            Eventually, Sehun carried Taura out from under the water as he supported both of them. He gently slapped the mermaid’s face, hoping she’d wake up but there was nothing. “Taura wake up. Come on, wake up.”

            Sehun couldn’t keep them both up for long. His arms were getting tired as well as his lower half. On top of that, the rain poured hard creating a thick screen that made what was meters away from them hard to see. He cursed to himself. There was no way to get to any help any time soon and Taura was dying.

            He screamed out loud before ducking back down into the water, keeping his hands on Taura’s waist to keep her up. Trying out his Siren ways, if he couldn’t get to help, help was going to come to them. His eyes turned gray and his senses overrun with the incentive to hunt. His mental song reaching for miles, he only asked for any soul to come and aid him. The lyrics were haunting and completely new to Sehun who never fully sang out a song let alone used it to his advantage.

            Soon enough, Sehun could make out something singing back to him in reply. As strange as it was, it gave him hope that Taura would get the help she needed regardless of who it came from. He stopped his singing and rose back up to check on Taura. Still unconscious, he brushed the water from her face with his hand and cupped her chin, “You’re going to be okay.”

            He brought her close to his chest as he took both of them back down. There waiting, was five Sirens. All armed with weapons, they immediately lowered them upon seeing who had called them. Sehun held tight to the girl in his arms as he eyed each Siren. Their eyes wide with shock and terror, they slowly backed away with their heads bowed, “Your majesty.”

            Sehun swam closer to them bearing his teeth, “Take me to my mother.”

            “And the girl?” A male Siren asked hesitantly seeing the state that she was in. Sehun turned to him slowly, hugging Taura even tighter.

            “She comes with us.”

            The male Siren nodded but swam closer to the girl with arms out, “She won’t survive, unless,” Sehun glared at him. He wasn’t going to let her go easily. The male raised his hands, showing he meant no harm, “Please.”

            Sehun outstretched the mermaid to him but instead of taking her he only waved his hands over and nose forming a small bubble over them. Immediately, he could see her soft breaths as smaller bubbles formed inside the small dome over her airways. He sighed in relief as the male Siren backed away with head bowed.

            Two Sirens took to the front while three stayed behind the prince and the girl, they would him to their palace. Sehun gulped as the two Sirens shot off like rockets, if they expected him to do the same, they’d thought wrong. “You may go your highness. W

Please log in to read the full chapter