21

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

            Taura’s eyes went blue and green under the Siren’s touch as he searched her mind for the events that were key to her being where she was right now. It was like fast forwarding though old videos trying to find the exact spot where the person had left off. Quick flashes of different scenes from Taura’s life ran through both Taura’s and Sehun’s head. Trying to avoid the rest of her personal thoughts, Sehun avoided focusing on any one thing until he came to the scene where she first met the princess and saved her. He saw through her eyes the vicious attacks of the Sirens and winced each time Taura came face to face with one. His own face coming to mind, their black pupils and sharp teeth mirroring each other, he finally realized why so many things feared them.

           He saw who he figured to be Taura’s friends fighting. Even in a time of danger their movements were somewhat graceful. He squeezed Taura’s hand tighter each time he saw one of them escape near death. Taura was completely consumed under Sehun’s spell and could barely move. She wanted to rid herself of those memories she tried to suppress but failed. With her own hand over Sehun’s trying to pry it off, she squeezed his hand back as he continued to venture through her memories. He came upon the part where Taura met Mira. Looking through the girl’s eyes, he saw how much Mira’s beauty seemed to have etched itself into the mermaid’s mind. Her image from Taura’s point of view was absolutely breath taking. Slowly both bodies swam to the surface with Sehun accompanying them mentally when he turned to face the reality Taura once had herself. A line of armed men awaited her, with the prince dead center. His anger and hate boiling within his brown pupils, there was no sound of mercy as he yelled out, “Fire!”

           The gunshot rang out and as Taura jumped away so did Sehun but the gunshot was only felt by one. Sehun heard the mermaid’s screams accompanied by the echoing sound of the loud bang. He gasped, watching as Taura’s back soon began to run red while she tried to escape.

            “Taura! Taura! Where are you?” Suho’s voice broke Sehun’s trance over the girl as he quickly let her go and backed away. The mermaid gasped as well massaging her wrist as she stared at Sehun in disbelief. She wanted to strangle Sehun for what he did. He invaded her mind without permission and took advantage of her in a way only Siren’s could. She pushed him slightly to the side, hiding him more behind the stacks of crates as she looked around for where Suho was standing.

            Sehun’s heart raced, his energy drained. He’d never done anything like that at length on anyone. He felt mentally drained and physically he was whooped. “Taura, I-I’m sorry.”

            He was sorry. His curiosity getting the best of him, he only wanted to know who she was and where she came from. The Siren didn’t even get the far, but he felt like he saw enough. Her life was just as traumatizing as his.

            Taura ignored him as she rushed to get up, quickly grabbing the small box like Suho had asked. She ran to him without looking back. Sehun watched from his hiding place.

            “They’re you are! I thought you got lost or something.” Suho took the box off of her hands as they walked back to the deck. The Siren sighed while leaning his head back to look at the damp ceiling. He shut his eyes, too tired to move.

            “Hm, I think that’s it. Thanks, princess.” Suho ruffled her hair before playfully leaning into her, “You can go back to Kyungsoo now.”

            His eyes twinkling with amusement, Taura’s cheeks grew p

Please log in to read the full chapter