20

Sea Souls: Mermaid's Tears
Please log in to read the full chapter

           Kyungsoo sat in front of the map, writing down notes, tracing new paths, and scratching some out all together. They’ve been out on open water for two days with no signs of any other ships or life. They passed islands but like Sehun had said, they weren’t large enough to sustain any life. Taura had stuck with Kyungsoo the whole time, literally. Wherever he seemed to be, Taura was right behind him. He didn’t mind. In fact he welcomed her attention and looked to her whenever he felt stressed. Like now, Taura sat beside him with an encouraging smile. Kyungsoo hesitantly searched under the table for her hand and grasped it once he felt her fingertips. Their hands intertwining, he placed their hands on his thigh and continued working.

            “This is getting to be a little uneventful.” Kyungsoo muttered to himself as he pushed himself away from the map and turned to the girl beside him. Her eyes were set on the map as if determined to solve the puzzle it presented. She’d occasionally squeeze his hand feeling on the verge of something, but as her idea left her so did her grip. He has to be on one of the islands, there’s no way they’d drown him, he’s too valuable. But what could they want him for? He wouldn’t help them, would he? Does, maybe Sehun have something to do with this? But what could he have done he’s always with the others?

            She ran her hand through her hair and turned to Kyungsoo with a pout. He chuckled and poked her cheek, feeling her soft warm skin, “Don’t pout. We’ll find your prince.”

            Taura’s expression turned flat before she ripped her hand from his. She meant it teasingly and Kyungsoo figured once she stood up dramatically. He leaned his cheek against his palm and watched her leave with an amused grin on his face. Before she disappeared though, Taura threw him a gaze that gave Kyungsoo’s heart a slight jolt. Her eyes suggestive and alluring, all he wanted was to follow after her. He stood up but was forced the other way when Kris called for his assistance. Biting his lip he took once last look to where Taura disappeared before following after his captain.

            Taura giggled silently to herself, feeling a bit embarrassed for such behavior since she’d only picked it up after watching humans interacting with each other. It was a move she saw many girls do when leaving the boy they were with. She wasn’t sure what it meant, but most of the time the guy would follow. Hoping Kyungsoo would do the same, she waited around a bit but saw that he wasn’t coming. Disappointed Taura was left alone. Ever since her little incident, everyone on board seemed to be extra careful around her. No one seemed to really want her company except for Suho, Lay, and Kyungsoo. Even the princess cowered when Taura and her were alone not saying a word. As for Sehun, Taura made sure to never be alone with him. They’d eye each other’s move, careful of what the other would do. She was still skeptical about him, and as much as she wanted to confront him she admitted she was afraid to.

            “Oh Taura! Can you help me with something?” Suho jogged over to the girl his black hair flapping around his slim face, she nodded with a flat smile. “I need a few extra crates of supplies down in the hold, could you get me a few? They’re the smaller ones.”

    

Please log in to read the full chapter