Police

My 8 Stepsisters

"Sica, your not really mad at me, right?" Tiffany pulled on Jessica's arm and pouted to try and get Jessica to stop sulking. 

"I said I'm not talking to you," Jessica replied. 

"But you just did," Tiffany replied, chuckling at Jessica's mistake. 

"Lalala! I can't hear you!" Jessica covered her ears and immaturely ignored Tiffany. 

Taeyeon's face creased in annoyance, "and I can't hear Patrick because of you." 

Jessica stuck out her tongue at Taeyeon and Taeyeon responded with the same action, "It seems you can hear since you heard me just now." 

As Tayeon turned her attention back to the screen, Jessica pulled a face at her. "I saw that," Taeyeon said blatantly without even sparing a glance away from the TV.

"Aw Gosh, this doesn't even feel like a holiday," Sunny walked in. Beads of sweat showed on her forehead, "I was chasing after the twins," Sunny explained, wiping the salty water away. 

Tiffany grinned, "It seems like you need a hug." 

Sunny gulped some water before nodding. Tiffany stood up and hugged Sunny, "Better?" 

"If the twins and that tall shikshin stop causing so much trouble. I'm still wary abou that "thing" they're planning. I don't know what it is, but I know I don't like it." 

Taeyeon was staring and this time it wasn't at the TV screen but at Tiffany. 

"Where's my hug?" 

Tiffany laughed and hugged Taeyeon, "There?" 

"Not yet, carry on hugging me while I watch TV," Taeyeon resumes watching with a satisfied smile on her face. 

"Ooh! Free hugs! Me, me, me!" The tall shikshin bounded down the stair and lunged towards Tiffany, engulfing her in a bear hug. The twins followed, wearing frilly dresses, "We want hugs too!" 

Tiffany gave them a double hug because they insisted on it. 

"What's with the dresses?" Sunny asked warily, hoping that they weren't here to cause trouble again. 

"Basically we were playing the princess and the frog. As you can see we are the princesses and Youngie's the frog but she refuses to paint herself green." Yoona and Yuri both crossed their arms and sent a fed up look towards Sooyoung. 

Sunny's eyes widened in alarm, "What do you mean paint herself green?"

"We can't turn you into a handsome prince if you don't become a green frog first," Yuri commented. 

Sooyoung pouted, "Why can't I be a princess?" 

"Because we're the princesses," Yoona and Yuri said in unison. Tiffany left the three girls arguing among themselves and made her way to Jessica.

"Jessie, please stop ignoring me," Tiffany pleaded, sitting in front of Jessica. 

Jessica turned away with a pout, "No."

"Why not?" Tiffany asked in exasperation. 

Jessica scrunched up her nose, "Because you didn't give me a hug." 

There was a moment of silence where all that could be heard was Sooyoung's voice "I'm not playing anymore! Anyway I'm hungry now." 

Sunny breathed a sigh of relief, "Good, and anyway, aren't you guys a bit too old to be playing these things?" 

"Nobody's too old to be playing anything, not even you grandma," Yuri replied and with a simple swoosh of her cloak she disappeared upstairs. 

Yoona followed dragging Sooyoung with her. 

While all this was happening, Tiffany pulled Jessica in for a tight hug, "Happy now?" she asked with an amused smile. Up close, Jessica's pink hair looked so delicate and pretty that Tiffany forgot to pull away. It was only when Sunny poked Tiffany in the arm that she snapped awake. 

"Uh, Jessie you can let go now," Tiffany mummered trying to pry her arms away. It was only then that Tiffany felt Jessica's warm breath on her neck, quiet but regular. 

"Uh" she helplessly motioned for some help. 

Sunny had gone behind Tiffany to peer at Jessica's face, "She's sleeping," Sunny informed herand as if to reinforce that comment Jessica fell limply onto the sofa, slightly agape in a deep slumber. 

"How did she manage to fall asleep while I was hugging her?" Tiffany wondered aloud. 

Sunny shrugged in response, "She has magical powers?" 

Taeyeon stood up and stretched, the episode of SpongeBob that she had been watching had ended. 

She yawned then rubbed her eyes, "By the way, where has Seohyun and Hyoyeon gone? I haven't seen them for a while." 

Sunny shrugged, "They have magical powers too," then as an afterthought, "They are probably in their rooms but maybe we should go look for them." 

"Sorry, no can do. I'm going scuba diving with my friends,"  Taeyeon said. 

"You have no friends here, I mean apart from your sisters," Sunny replied. 

Taeyeon rolled her eyes then in a voice as if she spoke the obvious she said, "My bikini bottom friends."

Sunny gave a worried shake of the head as Taeyeon left, "I think there's something wrong with that girl," then she nodded towards Jessica, "and we need to get her upstairs." 

~~~~~

"Do you know why I like barbecues?" Sooyoung asked, nobody gave any response but she carried on anyway, "because BBQ's have food and I like food. But buffets are better because you can eat as much a you want." 

Yoona frowned, "Not that buffet that we went to last time, they kicked us out remember? For eating too much." 

Sunny squirmed at the memory, "No, we got kicked out because you three decided to start a food fight." she pointed to the three worst troublemakers in the group. 

Yoona, Yuri and Sooyoung looked away. 

"It's not our fault that those people don't like having fun," Yuri muttered under her breath. 

Sooyoung rubbed her stomach, "I'm hungry, when are we going to eat?"

"As soon as Hyoyeon and Seohyun get downstairs," replied Sunny. 

"What do you mean get downstairs?" asked Tiffany, "They weren't in their rooms. I checked while putting Sica to bed." 

Creases formed on Sunny's forehead, "Then where are they?" 

"I don't know," Tiffany replied. 

Sunny sighed, "I guess we have to go look for them then." she rubbed her temple, "As if I don't have enough to deal with already."

~~~~

"I've looked everywhere but I can't find them," Taeyeon reported back to Sunny after searching the whole of the second floor. 

"Can't we eat first then look for them?" Yoona asked.

"Yeah let's do that!" Sooyoung agreed and so did Yuri with a swift nod of her head. 

"My Yoongie wants to eat," Yuri said almost accusingly to Sunny. 

Sunny heaved a loud sigh, "We can eat after we find Hyoyeon and Seohyun." 

Just then there was a loud knock on the door, Sunny walked with tired footsteps to open it thinking it was Jessica and Tiffany who she had sent outside to look for the two that had gone missing. To her surprise it wasn't Tiffany nor Jessica but two policemen dressed in their crisp uniform escorting two girls. One was slumped in the policeman's arms, her head lolling to the side and the other was trying to shake the slumped one awake. 

"Seohyun. Hyoyeon," Yuri gasped.

Sunny's eyes widened, "Police?"

The policeman on the right cleared his throat and spoke, "Are you their guardian?" he asked Sunny. 

Sunny nodded, too astonished to speak. 

"May we come in?" 

Sunny moved to the side so the two policemen could enter. They laid Hyoyeon down on the sofa and indicated for Seohyun to sit beside her. 

Seohyun looked would teary eyes at Sunny, "It wasn't my fault unnie, Hyo unnie told me we were going to the library." A tear rolled down her cheek, "We're not going to be taken to prison right?" 

Sunny patted the crying girl comfortingly on the shoulder but she was still shocked at seeing her two sisters being brought home by the police. 

"Wh-why? Po-police-" she struggled to say the words. 

The policeman smiled grimly, "I'm sorry to inform you that these two were found at the club down town and she," he pointed at Hyoyeon, "was even drinking. We'll be able to let them go with a warning just this once as is their first offense but please make sure to control your girls in the future." 

"You don't understand how hard that is," Sunny muttered under her breath, quietly enough that the policemen didn't hear it. But then putting a small smile on her face she thanked the officers, "Yes I'll keep my eye on them. Thank you officers." 

She shut the door ready to scold the two but couldn't bring herself to scold the maknae who was still crying or Hyoyeon who had passed out on the sofa. 

"Can we eat now?" Sooyoung asked, the sound of her stomach growling vibrated around the room. 

Sunny was about to nod when she noticed two missing from the room, "Wait, Tiffany and Jessica haven't come back yet." 

"I'm sure they'll be back soon, you told them to just search the area," Taeyeon replied, handing a tissue to Seohyun to wipe her tears. 

Sunny bit her lip, "I hope so."