Mutuality

자유 True Beauty
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mutuality [myoo-choo-al-lit-ee] n. - a shared feeling that is expressed or experienced by two respective parties.

 

A/N: Hey guys, for those of you who read the earlier chapter before I could correct my mistake, having Luhan call out Sehun's name was a complete mistake. I thought I had corrected it while I was editing, but I must have skipped over it. Luhan cannot speak. Sorry for the confusion! Also this chapter is unbetaed because I want to get to sleep but I owe yall a chapter, so I'll edit it in a day or two from now.

 

Mihyun slightly jumped when a hand suddenly rested itself on her shoulder, and she turned her head to stare questioningly at Sehun. “Do you need something, Sehun?”

“Yeah,” Sehun responded with a gruff voice. “I need you to get some rest.”

Mihyun’s eyebrows furrowed in at his words, and she coolly brushed his hand away to continue typing furiously into her keyboard, “I don’t exactly have time for rest, Sehun. There are a lot of things I need to get done before I can even consider taking a break.”

“Mihyun!” Sehun exclaimed as he spun the girl around in her chair. “We’re worried about you, okay? The first thing you did when we got home was begin working in your room, and it’s been seven hours since then and you haven’t eaten anything.”

Mihyun let out a sigh of exasperation and pinched the bridge of her nose to stop her oncoming headache, “Sehun-”

“Don’t you dare, Han Mihyun,” Sehun glared firmly down at her. “Don’t you dare treat me like a child who doesn’t know what’s going on. I know exactly what kind of situation we’re in, and I know how dangerous it is and how much work needs to be done—”

“Then let me finish my—”

“And I also know that you’re a goddamn human being, Mihyun,” Sehun growled as he stared straight into her eyes. “You’re not some super hero or some robot that doesn’t need to eat, drink, rest, or even go to ing bathroom. Now get to bed before I throw your damned computer out the window.”

Mihyun stared at him for a few seconds before finally turning back to her computer. Sehun’s eyes flashed furiously, and he was about to reprimand the girl once again until he heard the chime of her desktop shutting down. Mihyun pushed him aside so she could get out of her chair, and silently entered her bathroom without sparing the male a second glance.

Sehun ran his hand through his hair with frustration, and let out a long breath to calm himself down. That girl was seriously frustrating! The sound of running water came from the bathroom adjacent to her bedroom, and Sehun sat back down on the bed he had been sleeping on. He glanced nervously at the closed bathroom door, and bit down on his bottom lip. She wasn’t mad at him was she? He was only doing what he thought was right, and the girl had honestly spent too much time working.

He glanced up when the bathroom door reopened to reveal a freshly cleansed Mihyun, and she continued to walk silently to her bed without even glancing at Sehun. She pressed on a button of the remote, and the ceiling light shut off to engulf the room in a sudden darkness.

A few minutes of silence passed by before Sehun slowly called out her name, “Mi… Mihyun?”

“What?” Mihyun’s unemotional voice responded.

“Are you… are you mad at me?” Sehun asked nervously as he turned his head to look at the girl’s dark outline.

Mihyun let out a soft chuckle at the boy’s insecurity, and she her back to stare up into the ceiling. “No, I’m not mad at you.” She let out another quiet chuckle when she heard Sehun emit a sigh of relief.

“Mihyun…?” Sehun called out again after a few minutes of silence.

“I thought you wanted me to rest, Sehun?” Mihyun asked through closed eyes. She heard a soft creak sound from the right, and she turned to her side with opened eyes to see Sehun sheepishly standing there with a pillow in hand.

“Can I sle… sleep with you?” Sehun asked quietly, thanking god that the room was dark so the other wouldn’t be able to detect the bright shade of red his cheeks had turned.

His face continued to gather heat as a silence stretched across the air, and he was just about to stammer his way through an excuse of how he had just been joking before Mihyun finally responded with a soft, “Sure.”

Sehun slid onto the bed and under the cover with great embarrassment, and he made sure to lie on the very end of the bed to make sure Mihyun wouldn’t be too uncomfortable. Heat clung to his cheeks as he squeezed his eyes shut to get some sleep, but his heart was hammering too loudly against his chest for him to do so.

“Sehun,” Mihyun called out, jolting Sehun from his thoughts.

“Y-Yeah?”

He felt a spark run up his spine when a warm hand wrapped around his upper arm, tugging him to move closer to the center of the bed.

“You’re going to fall off like that,” Mihyun frowned as she scooted to the side to make room for the other.

“No I think I’m just fine where I am,” Sehun squeaked, his voice climbing to a higher octave against his will.

Before Mihyun could open to continue, the lights overhead abruptly . Sehun and Mihyun’s eyes widened with alarm, and they raised their heads to look at the new figure who was standing at the foot of the bed.

You guys are too noisy.

Luhan pouted as he held up his board one with hand, sleepily rubbing his eyes with the other.

“Do you want to come sleep with us, Luhan?” Mihyun asked with a soft smile.

Luhan’s eyes widened briefly in surprise, and they quickly darted to look at Sehun, as if he was asking the other if it was okay to do so.

Sehun chuckled at his hyung’s expression, and he gestured for the elder to come forward. Luhan must have been feeling left out recently with all the secret smiles and whispers the pair had been sharing without him.

Luhan jumped forward without hesitation, and he quickly cuddled himself against Mihyun’s other side without pausing for even a second.

“Yah, hyung, why are you next to Mihyun? You should be next to me,” Sehun muttered bitterly as he slowly inched himself closer to the other two.

Luhan ignored the words of the younger and instead wrapped his arm around Mihyun’s waist, pulling the girl’s warmth closer to his own body. He was probably irritating the hell out of Sehun with how close he was to Mihyun, but he decided that he would allow himself to be selfish for the time being. He winced sharply as the image of Kyungsoo formed in his head, and unconsciously let out a quiet whimper.

He didn’t even notice how the mattress dipped in at his other side until a warm body pressed against his back. Luhan glanced over his shoulder in surprise to see that Sehun had changed his position on the mattress so Luhan was now sandwiched in between the couple.

“You’ve been really strong these past few days, hyung,” Sehun smiled lightly as he patted the top of Luhan’s hair. “I’m proud of you.”

Luhan bit down hard on his quivering bottom lip, and to his back so he could comfortably press against both Sehun and Mihyun. He fisted a handful of the front of Sehun’s shirt in his left hand while wrapping his right hand around Mihyun’s smaller one.

They would be okay.

As long as they all had each other, they would be okay.

 

 

The seven people sat somberly in the cage, a curtain of tension draped around each and every one of them. The seat beside Jongin lay empty with nobody daring to take the spot that belonged to Kyungsoo.

Even Xiumin who hadn’t joined their group as of late felt his heart heavy with grief. He may not have conversed with the group of Noyes earlier, but that didn’t mean that he hadn’t been fond of Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo was just one of those people that you couldn’t possibly dislike.

Mihyun sat with the side of her face pressed against Sehun’s ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter