chapter one

Porcelain Body
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*chapter one;

 

During the spring of her 18th year, Soah returned to school with a broken heart and lovesickness.

Her last high school year had started, but where it was supposed to be a time that was filled with lovely memories, for her, it was a nightmare. When she was sitting in class, she felt like running out of air. When she looked at the board, she felt her hands trembling. When she wrote something down, she easily forgot the words. It took her two weeks to cope with these circumstances, to calm herself down every time she became scared. She found herself in a situation which had been her biggest fear and never had she ever imagined that her life would turn out like this.

But there was a certain someone who made her school life easier besides her girl friends.

“Soah, try this one. It’d fit you perfectly!”

It was lunchtime in school. After they had eaten, the girls went to the bathroom. It had been Jinhie’s idea to take an entire make up kit to school just for Soah’s sake. Now she was putting the lip-gloss on her own lips, trying to show what a beautiful color it was. But Soah and Yohee just looked very confused as they examined her red lips which were standing out strikingly in comparison to her pale skin and black hair. They shook their heads synchronically.

 “But I like this color!” She pouted and put the gloss away, inspecting herself in the mirror.

“I don’t think you should put things on Soah which don’t fit her. She can easily go like this," Yohee told her.

“But it’s Luhan who asked her on a date!”

“It’s not a date,” Soah tried to defend herself and put both hands up, smiling at her friends shyly. “He just wants to thank me for helping him with the school project from two weeks ago, there is nothing to be excited about.”

This was true. She had never thought about it as a date in the first place. Of course the word would always pop up in her mind, especially when her friends were teasing her, but Soah had bad experiences when it came down to dating. So bad, that she was scared to think about it. For now, she wouldn’t call it a date. It was just two people seeing each other. Two friends, who had a lot in common, nothing more. But still... she would certainly feel nervous when she thought about tonight. She was okay with meeting guys as long as they won’t touch her. A simple touch would ruin everything.

Both girls were judging her hard from afar, making her blush as she looked down to avoid their meaninful gazes.

“Whatever”, Jinhie grinned and put a lip-gloss out of her bag which was of a much more inconspicuous color than the one before. She lightly covered Soah’s lips with it and after a moment, she looked at herself in the mirror. “Not bad, isn’t it?” She put it in Soah’s bag for her own use.

“I don’t know...” Soah was playing with her fingers in nervosity. The color was still very bright and she somehow thought it didn’t fit her considering that she always used very light colors, not something pinkish or anything.

The girls got interrupted when the school bell rang, calling them back to their class.

 

***

 

On the sports fields, there were a lot of students playing any kind of ball sports during lunchtime, especially when the weather was nice and warm like today, even if it was only the mid of March. Almost every day, after eating, Luhan played soccer with his friends Sehun, Xiumin, Kris and Yixing.

“So, what are you going to do later?” Sehun asked as he kicked the ball to Luhan.

“We’re going out eating,” he answered as he stopped the ball with his feet.

Luhan put his blonde fringe back to wipe away the sweat on his forehead. He looked up to the classroom where Soah was supposed to be if she was a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter