one shot

Denials

 


 

 

Yixing had conquered his inhibitions, even if momentarily, and had made up his mind and just walked straight out of his room . And just to prove a point.

Wufan is peacefully watching television when the younger steps between him and the shiny box. He watches him from head to toe, not missing to make a delayed stop at Yixing’s pretty pink .

“You shave your balls?”

“Oh for ’s sake.”

 

---

 

This could easily be the story of Yixing’s undying and perseverant crush on the duizhang that just so happens to be the leader of the band he’s in. Easy peasy, so he thought, just sneak your way in and seduce the hell out of that tall giant and he’ll fall for all of your witty jokes and pretty batting lashes. But…

This could also be the story of all of Wufan’s denials. Yixing might be stubborn to get results but Wufan is a runway of no’s.

 

 

Singing, dancing, promote, dealing with enraging fan girls, having to listen to their manager, cleaning the freaking fridge or wash the dinner’s plates…everything, everything is easier and less frustrating than Wufan.

 

 

“So I thought maybe…we could, since we have the day off tomo-”

“No.”

Yixing frowns and folds his arms over his chest.

“I haven’t said anything yet.”

“Still no.”

“What if I said we could stare at ourselves in the mirror for two hours?” He mocks and Wufan glares at him through the bathroom’s mirror he’s looking at while putting on his night cream.

“You enjoy selling that to the shows han…”

“Very much so.”

“Definitely no.”

Yixing scowls and Wufan just smiles, poking right in the middle of Yixing’s eyebrows.

“You know your frowns don’t work. You look too cute.”

 

 

Guys have man crushes all the time and Yixing tried to brush it off as so, as admiration, at first but then Wufan had made sure to make his life hell by being stupid and having this kind of serious yet sweet guy persona, ing tsundere and all that jazz, and not to mention being ridiculously good looking.

“Argh!”

“Are you okay?” Luhan asks from his bed.

Yixing is brooding in pity and his pillow just doesn’t cut it.

“Fantastic. Just fantastic.”

 

 

“Where is that thing even…?” Yixing complains as he looks over the entire page for the message button that obviously isn’t there. How is he supposed to send a message to Jongin if his damn email refuses to cooperate? Those horrible updates that change everything of place. He groans and reclines on the chair when out of nowhere he feels a warm breathing near his cheek and jolts to the side just to see Wufan looking at the screen with attentive eyes. “The hell?” It catches on his throat.

Wufan stands a bit straighter and leans over Yixing to reach the keyboard. It’s painful like onions and sand in his eyes because Wufan smells nice and he’s all warm and soft and his arms are long and strong and his face is like inches away and this is ing torture!

“There.” The older points at the computer screen where Yixing can see a blank email page ready to be written and sent. He missed to see how Wufan got there though and he was really close to ask but once he realizes breathing is necessary to live Wufan is already leaving his way to the kitchen.

 

 

Wufan dances like an oversized octopus trying to seduce a giraffe and he’s obviously so full of himself that he thinks he doesn’t need to step his up to be as good as the others because he’s obviously not trying at all.

“Kris! Less arms more hips.” The instructor scolds. Yixing feels like giggling, he’s been watching Wufan through the mirror and yeah, he’s pretty bad, and this is that moment in Yixing’s life where he realizes he’s completely smitten because he even likes Wufan’s stupid way of dancing. He likes the faux bravado and the awkwardness and he just feels like running his hands all over Wufan’s body and press against him to teach him how to dance properly.

But that’s inappropriate.

 

 

The manager was recruited to teach the kids first aid training in case something happens in the dorm.

“There’s a hospital like three blocks from here.” Minseok says while looking at their manager trying to deal with the portable defibrillator.

“Where’s the doll?” Jongdae asks.

“There’s no doll you’ll have to use each other.” The manager informs making Minseok’s eyes grow wide.

“What?! No way in hell I’ll let anyone electrocute me!”

“It’s off. You’re not doing it for real. It’s just so you’ll have a notion.”

Everyone is looking skeptically at their manager because, real help, he obviously knows nothing about what he’s doing.

“Just—pair up and shut up.” He orders.

Yixing instinctively stares at Wufan who just keeps his focus forward on the floor where there’re a few first aid kits lying so Yixing turns to see if Luhan is available but once he does the older is already koala-ing up Minseok who has still to look less terrified. Tao is explaining things to Jongdae so Yixing stares at his left again at Wufan and pokes him.

“You and me?”

Wufan looks at him and looks at the others.

“Eh.” He says and Yixing can’t even tell if that’s a yes or a no so he frowns.

The manager eventually puts the little paddles back into their rightful places and looks up just to sigh and stand, looking rather annoyed.

“Always so slow…just—Yixing come here.” He signals for Yixing to come near him so he does. He orders the dancer to lie down on the floor and explains a bunch of stuff that no one really listens, well maybe Luhan does, and puts both his hands over Yixing’s chest and pumps a couple times, not too hard, to demonstrate where and how to place the hands.

Even Yixing yawns and Wufan follows so the manager stops and sighs again.

“Since you’re all so interested and fully attentive, Kris please demonstrate what I just did.”

Wufan, seemingly distracted, wakes up from his boredom and smiles nervously before taking the managers place and crouching at Yixing’s side.

“Go on…” The manager says when Wufan just stands there.

He does as he’s told and puts pressure on Yixing’s chest, imitating what the manager had done. Yixing just hopes Wufan can’t feel how fast his heart is beating.

“Mouth to mouth.” The manager says.

“I think not.” Wufan gets up suddenly and Yixing gets disappointed for a second.

“Minseok take over.”

“I’ll take over Yixing!” Luhan shouts and nudges Yixing away harshly, making the younger yelp.

 

 

“Smells nice.”

Wufan is again hovering and it makes Yixing self-conscious and on fire and everything just blows up when Wufan reaches a finger to the mix Yixing is stirring and it.

“Tastes great.” He comments approvingly and pats Yixing’s bum for good measure before leaving.

 

 

Torture man. Torture.

 

 

“Milk?”

“No.”

“Coffee?”

“No.”

“Tea?”

“No.”

“A slap?”

Wufan looks away from his computer and up at Yixing with amusement.

“Are you sure you want to slap me?”

“You have no idea.”

 

Yixing is getting real tired of Wufan’s . One minute he can be sweet and “duizhangy” being all manly and just nice…just nice and the other he’s uninterested and unfazed and it pisses Yixing off.

 

---

 

So when Yixing chooses to take off his clothes and literally disinhibit himself and Wufan makes the exact wrong comment he decides that’s he’s done. He is done with him.

 

 

“I like you dammit!” He practically shouts once he’s dressed.

“Oooh…that actually explains a lot.” Wufan says earnestly.

“Are you serious?”

“Are you?”

“Of course I’m serious!”

“Good then.” The older lets a grin play on his lips.

“What is that even supposed to mea-”

Wufan shuts him up with a kiss, harsher than it should be, making Yixing stumble a little backwards, but wanted all the more. Wufan enlaces his arms around his body to keep him from falling and makes the most he can out of a locked peck. Yixing feels kind of light headed. For a minute he forgot how to breathe which is something that is getting recurrent around Wufan. He was sure this would happen a lot differently. Mainly that he’d be the one kissing Wufan or something, if he had ever had the courage that is.

“Uh…what?” Yixing says fuzzily once they stop.

“Took you long enough.”

“Excuse me?”

“You took too long to say something.” Wufan answers with a smile.

“Are you kidding me?” Yixing slaps him hard on the arm. “I should’ve said something? What about you? What is this? You think you can just kiss me like that? Who the hell do you think you are-?!”

“Shut up.”

Wufan kisses him again, tightening his embrace, and that does the trick. For now anyway. 

 


this pairing shuts off my reasonable side.