Let's End Our Loneliness

Loneliness

Jaebum and I kept on reading the documents of the organization. Its been days and we're still stuck in this office. I looked at him who is reading with a crumpled face.

"Anything?" I asked him and he looked at me.

"Do you have some heart disease?" He asked seriously that I am about to laugh.

"What are you talking about? Keep looking." I hissed.

He puts the book down, "I'm serious, Jiyeon-ah."

I frowned at him, "I don't have any heart disease."

"Is that so? Then you should looked at this."


I stood up and get the book away from him. I read it but my face is still frowning from irritation. But then when I was at the middle of the content my eyes grew wider and I gasped from shock. I immediately looked at Jaebum and he is looking at me with serious face.

"What is this? Why..." I trailed off and looked at the book again.

"Keep reading." He said and I felt him stand.

I did what I was told but I looked at him, confused. Tyring to find an answer from him.

"It was the Jungs. Ailee's parents did not kidnap you. They tried to protect you because an ambush will happen at your home. The Jungs heard about this betrayal and told your parents that you were kidnapped. Kims,Jungs and Parks are the mighty group of the organization and they were called, The Black Star. But this was dissolve after the affair between your dad and L's mom. Each families were wreck. Kims and Parks hated each other but the two families are engrossed and trusted the Jungs believing that it is the only friend that they have."

"But why would Krystal's dad do that?"

JB stood up and look outside of his window, "He wants all the achievements of both families. He is too greedy to make his friends kill each other. The affair is a pure accident."

I stayed silent trying to absorbed everything, "Does L knew?"

JB shook his head and looked at me, "He knew that it was the Jungs but since he is married to Krystal all this information are tightly secured and L can't acess it."

"How did you know this papers?"

"I am familiar with the Black Star and I accidentally saw it." He went to me and point at the black star on the cover of the folder. "This is their symbol. I was curious and I was shocked that it was a diary and some references from Krystal's grandfather. Krystal once said that this room was his grandfather's and she trust me enough to let me use it."

I slump at the couch, "All this time, the culprit is right in front of me and nobody knows it." I looked at JB. "Are they that powerful?"

JB shook his head and leaned on the table facing me, "There's this Red Association and as far as I know, it is the council of all organizations. This RA is currently hunting down the Jungs because of their millions of debt. Using the marriage between the third generation, they can pay every dept they have."

I gritted my teeth, "So this is not about Krystal liking L. This about money again."

"L's father trusted Krytal's father. They were bestfriends but little did L's father know that... Krystal's father is-"

"Myfather's bestfriend, too. They were playing at our family since my Grandfather's and my Father's generation... until mine."

 

I looked at the window with full of despise in my heart. I despise the family who ruined mine's and my love's family. I sacrificed for nothing. I gave my one and only love to someone who is a walking crap. I stood up gripping the folders tight.

"I need to go."

Gone his calm aura and faced me with worried look, "Stop being impulsive, Jiyeon! You don't know what they can do! I witnessed every practices the-"

"They do not know what I can do." I said and walked out.

 

JB tried to run after me but I hop into a car and drove quickly. I will make sure they will pay all the they gave to me and my family. I will kick you to where you belong Krystal. Mark my word.

 

I drove straight to our hideout. Its a large abandoned building. The guards guarding the main gate was shocked to see me, it was my first to enter this place and I am aware that everyone in this place knows me.

"Agasshi, you can't enter. You are not allowed here."

I looked at them with my most dangerous eyes, "Step back or I'll shoot each of you."

They think twice before giving way for me. As I reached the main door, Minho oppa went out catching his breathe.

"Jiyeon, what the hell are you doing here?"

"Where are my parents?"

"Jiyeon-ah..."

"WHERE ARE THEY?"

He was shocked to see me shout. He was still shock when I made my way in. I found Dad talking with Mom with serious face.

"Jiyeon!" Minho oppa's shout called my parent's attention. They were shocked to see me and stood up.

"Jiyeon, honey..." said mom.

"What are you doing here?" Dad said in a serious tone.

 

I held back my anger by closing my eyes and inhaling all the oxygen around me. As I open my eyes I threw the folder to the center table and all their eyes followed the papers and pictures that were scattered. The photos were my dad and L's mom going inside and out of a hotel. Soo Ae's hit and run. Mom's drinking alone in a bar. Minho oppa and Jinwoon talking. L's mom's ambushed. Everything was there.

"What... what are there?" Mom said in shock and grab the antique notebook.

"What is this mess, Jiyeon?"

"You tell me, dad!" I said raising my voice.

"Jiyeon! Watch your tone." Minho oppa warned.

"How can you trust the Jungs so much, dad? How can you to this to L's family?"

"What are you saying right now, Jiyeon?" Dad said in an angry tone.

"That diary was the first generation of the Jungs. You knew about the Black Star! I once saw it in your room and tell me... do you even doubt the intetion of Krytal's dad to our family? He's trying to pull us down together with the Kims! We were played, dad. The Jungs are evil! They destroyed our happiness. The affair you have? It was pure accident! It was said in that diary!"

"Stop saying nonsense, Park Jiyeon!"

"Dad, it's not-"

"ENOUGH!" Dad shouts.

 

I was taken a back and looked at mom trying to ask for help but she looked away and put the diary down.

"Mom?"

"Jiyeon, let's go." Minho oppa said reaching for my hand but I strongly shrug it off.

"Mom!"

Dad looked at oppa, "Take her out, Minho."

"Dad, no! Believe me! The Jungs are the traitors!"

"Jiyeon!" Minho oppa said and drag me out forcefully.

 

As soon as we reached outside, Minho oppa almost threw me.

"What were thinking, Jiyeon-ah? I know that you want L back but don't use other names to get your hands and the organization dirty."

My tears fell, "I am telling the truth, oppa."

"Stop it. Just go home." Minho oppa said and called our driver to prepare a car.

The car immediately came and I looked at oppa with tired eyes. He looked at me with sympathy.

"You will regret this." I said with finality and went in.

 

In the middle of the ride, I removed my sweater and rolled it around my fist to my arm. I hit the windows on my hand which gave shock to my driver. I jump out through the window and I feel down the hill. I rolled and rolled until I hit a surface. I felt the hot liquid streaming down from my head to my cheeks. I wiped it together with my tears. I looked at the stars thinking that it was hope. I stood up slowly and I was limping the whole time as I reach the side of a highway. It was said on the road sign that I was 500km away from the city.

I tried to fetch my phone but it was broken. I looked everywhere and saw an emergency telephone. I walked for 5 minutes until I reached it. I dialed L's number. It rings thrice before he answered it.

"Hello?" His soft voice echoed in my whole system and it triggers all the tears I am trying to hold back. "Hello?"

I was sobbing hard and I heard from the other line that he went out to somewhere quiet where he can hear me.

"Hey..."

"Hey baby, what's wrong?"

Instead of answering, I cry a lot more. It was almost an hour and I can hear Krystal's voice calling him to get back but he her refused 10 times. I breathe hard regaining myself. I came up with a decision. A dangerous decision that I know he will disapprove.

"I love you...so much. Please always remember that." I said and hungs up.

 

-THREE DAYS AFTER-

I stayed in an abandoned house and tried to heal myself with all the herbal medicine that surrounds the place. I used the skill that I trained for months. I practiced more using my knife in some tress and I used two guns for shooting. The guns were from the police car I steal near the highway. I have gathered enough weapon for my safety. But I need more.

 

-ONE WEEK AFTER-

I continouosly steal the weapons from any police car that passby. I trained nigh and day for this moment. I gear myself up. I wore the bulletproof vest that I stole. I even stole a smartphone from a tourist car. I gathered some informations to the Jungs base. I currently hacked the two major place they have with the help of JB but he too can't locate my place.

 

-ONE MONTH AFTER-

 I brought down the three systems of the Jungs and they were panicking. Looking for my traces but little did they know that it was an inside job. L is trying to contact me. At this moment, I send all the files regarding to the Jung's issue. My family and his were both thrilled by the knowledge that they were fooled. I open the phone I have and click an article saying the fall of the Jungs. The Red Association got them through the clues I gave. I am almost done with my mission with the help of JB and I'm planning the next step to attack the main system.

 

I looked at the mirror near me, I barely know myself. My eyes were black due to the lost of sleep, hard trainings I gave to myself and not eating a proper food. I lost weight. My hair got longer and my fair skin got tanned. The supplies I have were from the people passingby. The clothes, water, food... everything is from my stealing. I am alone. I need to survive and let go all my beliefs and values. I supported myself without my parent's nor L's. I stood up and deal with all the pain. And now, all I have was hatred and thirst. Thirst for the downfall of the Jungs.

 

-THE DAY AFTER-

I walked to he highway and sign for a free ride. When someone gave me a ride, he tried to talk to me.

"Are you okay? You seem dying."

I bitterly laugh, "I already am."

I reached my condo and enter my code and fingerprints. It was untouched. I gathered everything to make myself presentable. I put heavy make-ups. I cut my hair up to my shoulder and colored it to hazel brown. I put a fitted red tube dress that reached above my knees. I pick the black 6 inches killer heels and a black pouch. Inside my pouch was my gun, at my legs is another gun and knife to my other leg. I am attending the public party for the celebration of L's and Krystal's wedding. According to JB, it is an event to cover up their real status and this is also the day that Krystal will kill L's dad.

 

I showed to the guy my fake invitation and was invited in. I saw my old organization with gears underneath their clothes. I can also see some of Minho oppa's men. My eyebrow furrowed in confusion.

"What are they doing here?" I whisper.

The party started and in the middle of Krystal's dad's speech, I saw a movement at my right but I didn't look at it. I just stay still and feel the presence more. I was about to look but my attention was caught by a pair of cold eyes staring directly at me. I am thinking if he can see the loneliness and longing in my eyes. He tried to walk to me but I divert my attention to my right when the music suddenly gets louder. And the moment I looked at it, Ailee restraining from Jinwoon's hand run towards L's dad and a gun shot was fired.

"No..." I whisper and made way to a sea of people. "AILEE!"

My voice was drown to the scream and exchange of gunshots in the area. I pushed everyone who comes at my way until I reached Ailee's place.

"Ailee! Hey hey!" Jinwoon said while embracing Ailee with blood in the floor.

Ailee smiled at him and turn to me with wide eyes, "Jiyeo-"

She coughs and blood came out. I immediately went to her side and held her hand.

"Stay with me." I said.

"I'm sor-" She coughs again.

"STOP! Stop talking please." I begged with a serious face.

Jinwoon carried her and turn to me, "I'll take care of her. Please save my brother." and he run to the exit.

 

As if on cue, the noise of my surrounding went back. It was gun shots and I searched for L immediately. Then I saw him having gun to gun talk with Krystal. They were talking but their voices were drowned through the noise. I stood up but stop on track when I saw Krystal's sister aiming for L and I reached for my knife to through it to her witch hit her left shoulder. That move caught Krytal's attention and scream then she furiously looked at me.

"YOU!" She shouts. L immediately looked at me and lost his focus to the person who'll attack him on his right.

I tried to run to him but he managed and punched the guys. I turn to Krystal who is now furious lookin at me.

I smirked at her, "That's not the face I want to see."

"!" She said and point a gun at me.

"Evil." I said and pointed a gun then aim her to her hair. She was shocked and the gun hit the ground. "You will lose everything. Everything that you will never ever regain yourself."

 

I was about to shot her when I felt a hand grabbed me. Then the siren filled the room but I was in my own world when I met his intense look.

"This is not the solution you are looking for. This will you to something into her."

I brows furrowed at what he said.

"Everything's done, baby. We got her and you don't need to get your hands dirty. You don't have to hide from me anymore. You don't have to fight this battle alone because I am here now. I will always be here with you. Let's end this loneliness, Jiyeon. Marry me."

"You are still-"

"I never married her. We were married in the papers but not in real life and not infront of the altar. I want you. I want it to be only and no one else. Are you with me in this? Do you want to spend your enternity with me, Jiyeon-ah?" He said in sincere voice and sincere look that made me in tears and nods.

"I am with you."

And he seal our vows with a kiss.

 

---

"Stop fidgetting, Jiyeon! He will be waiting at the altar." Ailee said while munching some fries.

"I can't help it, I'm sorry." I answered.

"Honey, your make up will be ruined if you don't stop." Mom said and went out to call for the make-up artist.

IU came in in the middle of me, thinking.

"Hey..." She said and I smiled at her. "You look pretty today."

"Thank you." I shyly said.

"Do you know what?" She started and sat beside Ailee. "I knew from the start that the end game will be you and L."

"How about me and Jinwoon?" Ailee interupts and we laugh.

"Well, I never expect that you will be pregnant this early." IU teased and Ailee pouted.

"Am I fat?" She asked and both IU and I rolled our eyes.

"But seriously, I know L and you will going to end up after the deal. Its true that he use you to forget Yoona and to know you more but I know better. I knew him too well. He never smiles nor give any emotions. He never talk to his brother Jinwoon or to us. He just sat there and pretend he doesn't exist at all even though that it makes the crowd crazy. But the moment that mud accident happens, he laughs and smiled. Thats a first to us. He even to talk to hir brother and most of all he gave his time and attention just to annoy you. Did you know that those who bullies you before were kicked out by him?"

"How? I thought he was one of them."

"He is trying to cover up his real feelings. He was rejected many times. By his father and from Yoona, until then... he never cares to anyone but you came. I know he was mad at you for knowing who you are. But when I heard he gave you a ride to Namsan Towers and ditch the perfomance, which he doesn't usually do... I know that you became that important to him."

 

IU's words never left my mind until I reached the door to my happiness. Behind these doors is my happy ending. Not long when the doors is opened... there I saw a handsome man in a white suit crying and waiting for me. He is mirroring my emotions. I know that this is the end of my loneliness. He filled my empty hearty. And I am praying that for my next life... he will still my end game.