The Truth

Loneliness

As soon as L got into Mr. Kim's office, he found Mr. Jung and his father talking seriously.

 

He turned his back to walk away but his father called him. "Son, come here!" 

 

L walked up to them and sat at the left side of the office. The opposite sit of Mr. Jung. L bows to give respect to the elder. Mr. Jung bows, too and smiled at him.

 

"My future son-in-law!" Mr. Jung said and laughs then looked at Mr. Kim. "You raised a very nice son, Mr. Kim." 

 

Mr. Kim smiled, "You raised your daughters well too, Mr. Jung."

 

L wants to laugh at them but holds it. He doesn't know why he is even there at the office.

 

"Well, as I am saying a while ago..." He then looks at L and smiled. "I want their wedding as soon as possible."

 

L gritted his teeth. He saw this coming before but he regret his own decision when he starts liking Jiyeon. How stupid he was to agree back then about the engagement.

 

"I'll talk to L about that, Mr. Jung." Mr. Kim said and stood up to guide Mr. Jung outside. L stood up too to sent him.

 

After they Mr. Jung they went back in. L wanted to start the conversation but he respect his father so much so he kept quiet and wait.

 

"You need to do this, L." Mr. Kim started as he stare at L. "You can't back out now. I know you have plans of breaking this engagement because of a certain girl, L."

 

L maintain his expression. He knows about that, of course. His dad is powerful and a very wealthy man. Nothing's impossible to him. No information about his son will escape.

 

"Why am I doing this again, Mr. Kim?"  L asked looking into his father's eyes.

 

Mr. Kim released a sigh, "I'm not talking to you as a president, son. I am talking infront of you as a father."

 

"Why am I doing this, dad?" L rephrased.

 

"I think this is the right time." He released a sigh and stood up to went to his volt in his office.

 

L looked at him with knitted brows. His father hands him the brown envelope that he got from his volt. After handling it, he sat down in front of him. L opened the enevelope and pull out the content.

 

With knitted brows, L scans the papers. "What's this?"

 

"You had a twin-sister, L." Mr. Kim stated then L looked up to him with confusion. "I haven't told you clearly about her, right? The next day you two were born, I had a business trip to Europe. I brought you with me so your grandparents will see just a glimpse of your existence but I regret that decision the moment I step to our house. Your grandparents wished you to stay there. I reject that wish of them but then they threaten me so I have no choice to leave you there with them, son."

 

Mr. Kim looks at the window of his office where they can see the skyscrapers, "Then, I went back to Korea after a month for your Mother and sister. They need me more than you do. Then I found out she was pregnant by another men. She thought I left her. She thought I won't come back after stealing you away from her. I never know her another man's name, I tried to find that jerk to kill for touching my woman. But I never found her so I went back to Europe and left them here. Everytime I'll see your mother's face, it's like there's a million knives pointing at me. I can handle physical pain, son, but an emotional pain is difficult one to handle."

 

He looked back at L, "I never contact her nor her family. I don't remember it clearly but after years, the next thing I knew she and your sister was...gone. I wasn't sure about that information so I went back again. And this time, I wanted to stay to found out who did this to them. I blame myself everytime I remember that. I shouldn't leave them alone knowing that their life was at risk because of my rivalries. Your sister, Soo Ae but they call her Soo, had a car accident. It was a hit and run. The people said she was running towards the ball then the next thing they knew she was hit. Your mother wasn't around that time but your sister's friend's parents. Soo was at her friend's place that time because your mother was working. When she heard about it, she went to the hospital where they sent Soo but it's too late because many blood was gone and her body was drained. Jinwoon was there too and he was the one who told me this. He's at the age of 7 that time, I think. And I understand your anger, son. I understand why you keep on rebelling but believe me when I told that I can't do anything about it even I am the powetful man that you think."

 

After that, was silence. It was like they were remembering an old memory that they have buried. L tries to remember but he was so young to remember a thing about her twin sister. L look up to his father who is spacing out. L doesn't know about it.

 

"Then why I am marrying a Jung? Why not Jinwoon?" He asked.

 

"Because he is not a Kim, L. Jung wants a Kim. And you're marrying a Jung because they have the information who killed your mother and your sister." Mr. Kim simply said.

 

"Why did mother die?" L asked when his father forgot to tell him about that. "Are you saying that it is the same man who killed mom and hit my sister?"

 

L doesn't pay attention to this topic before but everytime he thinks the girl he likes, he wants to listen. He wants to know more.

 

"Your mom got murdered." Mr. Kim gritted his teeth. "And yes, son... it's the same man."

 

"Why I need to marry Krystal before they give the information?" L asked again.

 

"I know you are aware of the Wicked Organization and I am a member with the Jungs. Jinwoom is part of it too. That organization is the reason why our company is powerful, son. Every powerful men needs someone to protect them. And that organization protects us." Mr. Kim.

 

L stayed quiet annalyzing the situation until he came up into one, "Are you saying that the killer is a part of that kind organization? And he's powerful too that I need to marry a powerful one too?" He asked looking up to his father. His father nodded then L whispers to himself, "...and since we are powerful too, we can overcome the enemy's power by merging."

 

Mr. Kim smiled at him, "I never thought you'll come up to that conclusion."

 

L looked up again being serious this time, "But what if they gave you a wrong information? That this is a trap? You can't trust somebody in that organization by just hearing about it."

 

"I know about that and Jinwoon is working on it." Mr. Kim said. L looked at him confused.

 

"So, Jinwoon is with you all along?" L asked hurt. He didn't know that Jinwoon knows a lot more than him. What if Jinwoon knows about that thing L knows? He became paranoid.

 

Mr. Kim looked away, "It's not what you think it-"

 

L stood up, "You still haven't change, dad." L emphasizes the last word he said as he glared at him. "You're risking my own happiness for your revenges. You know I like someone but you still insists. You still favors Jinwoon, don't you DAD?"

 

L said with gritted teeth and before Mr. Kim will say something... he went out of his office. He get his phone and search for his sister's information. Her sister and his mother is buried at the Seoul Cemetery. 

 

L started the car but stops when remembers something, "Seoul Cemetery. How funny I still think of Jiyeon instead of my mom and my sister." L shooks his head and drove away.

 

~

 

As soon as L reached Seoul Cemetery he headed straight to her sister and mother's tomb to found out Jiyeon standing there. He closed his eyes and opened again when he realized he's not hallucinating and Jiyeon is really there. He became nervous, 'Does she remember now?' he thought.

 

"Jiyeon?" L asked approaching her. Jiyeon turn to him and she was shocked to see him.

 

"L-L, what are you doing here?" Jiyeon asked confuse.

 

"I should asked the same thing." L said and laughs before putting the flowers on the tombstone. "What are you doing in my sister and my mother's grave?" L asked arranging the flowers. His knee on the ground and the other support his body. He's trying not to look at her.

 

"Sister and mother?" Jiyeon asked confused.

 

"Hmm." L answered and nods at her. "Do you know them?" 

 

Jiyeon got nervous, "I-I think I knew Soo." There's no point of lying now.

 

L looked at her, "You think you knew? What do you mean?" 

 

Jiyeon looked up to him, "My brother told me that I lose my memory because of depression. I didn't know how but he said there's this someone named Soo that I adore. Kim Soo Ae. My brother brought me here. I kept staring on her name but only few memories are coming. I don't understand why I know her."

 

Jiyeon looked back at the tombstone, "My brother told me that... that I was kidnap when I was a baby and I grew up with... with..." Tears started to pours down on Jiyeon's eyes. "I grew up with Ailee." She closed her eyes. "Ailee's parents were my adoptive parents, that I visited with you here, they were the one who kidnaps me too. My brother said that my parents were part of this some kind of organization. And my parents are trying to keep me away from it because my life might be in danger." She looked back to L.

 

L got shocked when she saw tears from her eyes. By that time, he knew what his father meant by the knives he mentioned. Looking at Jiyeon crying is like a knife stabbing him. He gritted his teeth when he founds out that his father meant by his sister's friend is Jiyeon. 

 

What a very small world. He didn't know that they had this connection, again.

 

He wants to asked her about how his sister looks like. How his mother looks like. If he resembles his mother a lot or his father. But he can't asked her that because he knows better. He knows because like him, Jiyeon can't remember it to well. L knows Jiyeon very well because he searched about Jiyeon. He founds out about her messy family relationship. Jiyeon's life was a total mess and that makes L wanted to protect her even he knew it's hard.

 

"I wanted to say something serious L." Jiyeon said to him seriously and from that moment L thinks he knew what will she say. "I know your family is part of that organization my brother told me. I don't want to continue this fake relationship, L. I know you have a fiancee now and courting me doesn't differs from cheating. Be a man and be true to your words. I don't want to be involve in your life. In your band's lives."

 

L looked at her, "You think that's easy? Do you know what you're wishing for?" L said in gritted teeth. "It's like you wished to kill myself, Jiyeon! How could I let you out of my life when I'm planning my future with you a moment ago? I can't do that, I'll court you. I want you, Jiyeon. I need you, okay? We're not even starting our real relationship yet you want me to stop?"

 

"Don't you understand our situation, L? We are in the middle of the so called Wicked Organization! My family's organization is your family's organization's enemy, L. We can't be together if we want to." Jiyeon said in desperate voice. She's frustrated about the things she knew. About the people whom she love and trust. 

 

"I don't care about the ing organization you are saying, Jiyeon! Just tell me you want me and you need me too and I will fight for us. Please..." L asked, almost begging.

 

"You knew about me, didn't you? You knew that I was your organization's opponent." She looked to his eyes. "But why did you do it? Why did you approach me? Why you let yourself to like me?"

 

"Frankly, I want to use you against Yoona. I want to use you too against my unknown fiancee before. I want to use you against your family but damn life, Jiyeon!" L said and grabs his hair. "I was the one who was used. I didn't know I was falling! I was just curious about you at first because the moment I saw you, you look familiar to me. And I'm right because I have met your father at some underground transaction with my father. Jinwoon warned me to stay away because he saw the way I observe and follow you. That got me to be curious more until I followed you here and I don't understand why you're calling Ailee's parents your parents. Curiosity kills so I try to find everything on my own, Jiyeon."

 

He walked up to her and hold her shoulders, "Because of curiosity and my anger at your organization, I used that mission to be close to you and to know you better. But damn life again because you don't know anything about that organization. I tried to find out everything but everytime I'll find one I kept on falling. Falling in love to you, Jiyeon." L laughs. "I know it's crazy but life is damned. I didn't know our world is this really small, Jiyeon. Because my mother's man was your dad."

 

Jiyeon stepped back and looks down, "I know and that makes Jinwoon my step-brother too. He's minho's oppa's twin."

 

L nodded, "It's from my mom's genes. To have twins."

 

A moment of silence happened between them until L hold Jiyeon's chin and raised it so Jiyeon will look up to him. L smiled.

 

"I can finally admit that I love you now, Park Jiyeon." L said and rubs Jiyeon's left cheek. L laughs, "Funny how I said I'll court you a while ago because I like you then after how many hours you're here infront of me again and I'm telling you I love you and I won't let you go." L moved closer and he puts his forehead to her forehead. "Fast isn't it? I fall fast too but deep."

 

Jiyeon closed her eyes when she felt L's nose to her's, "You have a fiancee, L. I don't want to be like my dad."

 

L holds her hand tightly, "That won't happen. I won't let that happen. After I marry Krystal and get the information my father's want, I'll divorce."

 

Jiyeon shooks her head, "I don't want to be a second best. Second wife. I don't-"

 

L kissed her passionately and deep. Until they both gasp for air. Looked into Jiyeon's sleepy eyes.

 

"You're my first, Jiyeon. You're going to be my first and my last. Trust me." 

 

~

 

After two weeks, it's on the second month of December. The students of Moon High are rushing down the metal way. There's a sudden performance of L's band. After a week they are going to perform again. Christmas is approaching and it's L's band favorite month of the year. Every 25th of December they performs on TV and it airs on different chanels. Meaning, at that day their song will be played nationwide and everyone can watch it too. That's how powerful L's band is. SHINes are excited for the performance today.

 

The scandal of L was disregarded when they heard about the said 'surprise' of L's band. The Metal Way is full. Jiyeon is no where to be found. Ailee kept on searching for Jiyeon but it's Krystal who she saw. With gritted teether, Ailee approached her at the hidden part of Metal Way.

 

"Looking for someone, Ailee?" Krystal asked with a playful smile.

 

"Where is she? What did you do?" Ailee said accusing her.

 

Krystal raised her hands while slightly laughing, "Hey there, I didn't do something."

 

Ailee rolled her eyes and she's about to walk when someone called Krystal and they both looked at IU who is approaching them.

 

"IU, nice to see you again." Krystal said still smiling to Ailee. She looked back to IU who's looking at them with a confused look.

 

"Do you two know each other?" IU asked.

 

"Sad to say, yes." Ailee hissed. Krystal laughs at her and put her arms on her shoulder.

 

"We're good friends." Krystal proudly said.

 

"Really good friends that you both used a person at the same time." The three of them looked at from where it is coming and they saw Jiyeon.

 

"What happened?" IU exclaimed and runs toward her. "OMG! You look so different now, Jiyeon."