006.

⚜ Tied By A Child

 


          The class was extremely loud today during break.  With my head on my desk, I hung my arms down and grabbed my bag from the floor.  I searched its contents before pulling out a pill bottle.  I pushed myself up from my seat and stumbled out the door.  The whole way to the water fountain at the end of the hall, my knees shook.  I became dizzy when my vision blurred from time to time.  My hands shook as I placed a pill on my tongue and leaned down to drink.

          My hand ran along the wall as I walked back towards the classroom.  Even though the halls weren’t that crowded, I managed to trip.  Stupid me.  I pushed myself up as students walked by, snickering and throwing out foul names.  “Stay there—” some girl scoffed as she pushed me back down.  It wasn’t even hard, but I was terribly weak, and I fell back.  The sudden quick movement caused a riot in my stomach.  Everything started fading slightly before I fell to the ground. 


          Lu Han and Sehun walked down the stairs from the rooftop.  “I saw her take some pills…she probably wants to kill herself and create a scene.”  They heard as they came down, but pushed it aside.  “Stupid girl.”  They heard another student shout from below them.  “What’s going on?” Sehun asked before Lu Han only shrugged an answer. 

          “ HAS FALLEN!” 

          A guy shouted before the halls immediately filled with rushing seniors.  Only then did they run down the remaining steps.  The halls were semi-filled with students, staring at the girl lying on the ground.  Lu Han pushed his way through the crowd, “LEAVE!” He shouted with a bit of anger, “If you’re going to stare, leave!” He shoved a guy back into the crowd before he finally broke into the middle.

          Sehun rushed in after him, still confused as to what was happening until he saw a girl lying on the ground.  He crouched down next to Lu Han.  “Get these people away,” Lu Han hissed angry, “…Now!”  Immediately, Sehun obeyed the older man.  He stood up and pushed others back before the rest of the guys appeared. “Hey! Get away!” Jongin shouted as Chanyeol and Baekhyun pushed some people back.

          Lu Han leaned down, “Miyoung…” He touched her shoulder, “I’m going to pick you up.” He said before she turned her body towards him and he picked her up.  He glared at everyone who stared at them, even the other Exo members.  “Any one of you touch her…I swear, I’ll kill you myself.”  He cursed before a pathway was created.  He walked through it and down the stairs into the health office.

          “Nurse Kim—”

          “-Oh my! What happened, Lu Han!?” She gasped as she quickly stood up from her chair and point to the bed by the wall.  “Lu Han?” She asked again as Lu Han’s breathing quickened, “I-I don’t know.  She was just lying on the ground and I picked her up.  I know though that for the past couple weeks she’s been feeling out of it.” He informed her.

          Nurse Kim furrowed her eyebrows as she turned to him, “You-you guys are close?” She asked a bit shocked since she was rather close to the quite introverted Miyoung.  “Ah, n-no—well, she-I try to talk to her…but I-she doesn’t want to speak with me.”  Lu Han spoke, “But I did help her out when she went home sick last week…with the fever.”

          “Miyoung, is your stomach feeling weird? Is it your head?” She asked.


          I sighed, “jus-just tired…fatigued, dizzy…dizziness…”  I could smell the strong aroma of alcohol somewhere.  Its unique scent was quite intoxicating.  I buried my face into the plush pillow of the bed as my grip around the sheets tightened.  My stomach became upset.  “Lu Han grab the trash bin and bring it to her side, quick!” Nurse Kim instructed as she patted my back and collected my hair.  Lu Han…?

          I choked suddenly and grabbed the bin from his hands before lightly pushing him away as I threw up. 

          After a couple minutes, I set the trash bin down.  I shook uncontrollably as Nurse Kim got up from the bed, “Miyoung, I’m calling your mom; you’re going home, and don’t come back until you feel better.”  She said before Lu Han followed.  “Nurse Kim, I can take her home…I know where she lives…and she wouldn’t have to wait for her parents.”  I heard him ask.  Even though I objected, I was too weak to say anything.

          The health room doors slid open and I could tell the voices.  “What’s wrong?” Chanyeol asked before Minseok added, “Is she behind the curtain?”  He asked before Lu Han’s spoke, “Leave…I don’t need you guys here.  I’m tired of everything, everyone.”  He spat before Nurse Kim sighed, “Lu Han…take her home and make sure her mother sets a schedule for a checkup just in case.”

          “Yes ma’am.” He said before I heard his steps towards the bed and the curtains lightly pushed back.  I rolled to the other side and saw Chanyeol and Minseok still standing by the door.  Lu Han lightly pulled me up, “Come on…” he said softly, “I’ll get you home.”  He held me up as we walked towards the door.  I bowed my head to Nurse Kim, “Thank you…”  I muttered before Lu Han rushed me out, totally ignoring his two friends who stood astonished at what they both just saw.


          “Heh…Umma…” I lightly chuckled as he scowled, “Agioo, aigoo, aigoo….”  Her eyes darted to Lu Han who was my support from the car to the backdoor.  “Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Park.” Lu Han bowed respectfully as my mother smiled, her eyes forming sharp crescents.  “Miyoung…?” Her brow arched a bit before I laughed, “Aniyoo—umma, just some person from school…no one special.” I muttered as Lu Han helped me inside the house. 

          “Dear, what’s your name?”  My mother asked before he flashed her his sweet smile, “Lu Han…I’m studying here from China.”  My mother started boiling some herbs immediately after she let us in.  “Well, Lu Han, why don’t you bring her up the stairs and into her room.”  We glanced at each other quickly before I turned away when I felt my cheeks heating up for some odd reason. 

          He helped me up the tight staircase.  “This’d be easier if I could carry you…” He said half-way up the stairs.  I scoffed, “No…this is all the skinship we’ll ever share…ever.” I reinforced.  Some seconds later we entered my room.  “Ohh? Who’s things are these?” He asked as he helped me to the bed.  I looked my Jae’s things lying on my bed.  “Mines…who else?”

          I looked up to see him roll his eyes, “Yeah, because someone like you wears toddlers Spiderman PJ’s to sleep.”  I gained a small chuckled from his humor.  “Jae…”  I muttered, “…my brother.  He’s been sleeping with me for the past few days.”  I stated as I shifted my body so that I could pull my blanket up.  He looked around the room while nodding, “Ahh…”

          “—so, are you going to leave?” I asked before he quickly turned to me, “No.  Why would I?”  He grinned before I scrunched my nose.  “Yahh~ Kah---!” I hissed as I lightly kicked him with the foot that was hanging off the side of the bed.  “Did you expect that to hurt?” He smirked before I furrowed my eyebrows, “Noo—but this one will now!” I raised my voice a bit as I kicked him again, “Leaveleaveleave---” The word came in one breath. 

          He laughed and pushed my leg back so that he could sit on the bed, “I’m a soccer player; your kicks don’t hurt, pabo.”  I looked up at him in disbelief, “PABO!?”

          “—Oh, noona?”

          We bother turned to see Jaehyung at the door.  “Noon-”  “—Jae! Help me!” I shouted softly before his face hardened; he threw his tiny power rangers backpack on the ground by the half-closed door and ran over, kicking Lu Han in the shin.  “What’s this!?” he shrieked, “Monkey see, monkey do?” Lu Han gasped as Jae climbed onto the bed and on his back.  I couldn’t help but softly chuckle at the scene. 

          “Ahh—Guemanae—stop, stop—Miyoung!” Lu Han hissed my name.  “Ahhh—my hair—appayoo! Jae!”

          At the sound of his name, Jaehyung stopped.  “You know my name?”  He asked curiously before Lu Han pried him off his back and set him on the bed.  He pointed at Jae, “Yes, I know your name.  I’m your noona’s hero.”  He evilly smirked as he took a quick glance at me.  “Noona!” Jaehyung spat as jumped on my legs.  “Ahhh! Jae!”

          “Noona! You said that only I was going to be your super hero!  Why did he save you!?” He shouted before I sat up and pulled him towards me.  “Ahh…” I stared at Lu Han, ‘jerk’ I mouthed as he chuckled softly as sat at the end of the bed quietly.  “N-noona…noona thought that you wanted to be her manly man.”  I asked quietly before he shook his head.

          “Aniyo!—”  “-Agioo, Jae, you can only be one.” I stated before he pouted his thick lips.  “Uh, Jae…do you want to be my super hero or manly man?” I asked again before he muttered, “Super hero…”  I beamed, “Arraso…you can be my super hero…” I kissed his chubby cheeks and pulled back.  “Ppoppo?” I asked pointing to my cheek.  Jaehyung turned his head away from me.  “Jae..ppoppo—”  I said again as he pouted stubbornly.  “Ppoppooo~ Jae~” I cutely whined before he turned and quickly kissed my cheeks before jumping off the bed.  He ran to the door and stuck his tongue out, “I’m going to ask umma if your medicine is ready yet.” He said referring to the herbal drink before dashing out.

          I almost forgot Lu Han was in the room.  “Why aren’t you more like this in school?” He asked scooting closer.  I only shrugged before answering, “What’s the point when I’m going to be ridiculed anyways…” I muttered and fixed the blanket.  “It’s cute…Oh! By the way…” he chuckled, “I’d rather be your manly man.”  He laughed; my heart fluttered.  I swallowed hard, “—That-no, that was just to straight-”

          “Miyoung…” My mother sang before I sighed in relief, “Ohh, thank goodness..” I muttered as Lu Han stood up and bowed as the door opened.  I set an appointment for you tomorrow at 11:30 AM.  Don’t go to school…and here, drink this all.  I won’t be able to take you tomorrow because your dad’s going back to Incheon and I promised Jae I’d go on his field trip with him.”

          I faintly smiled when she handed me the hot cup, “It’s okay, umma.  I can go by myself.”  I said before the strong aroma reached my nose.  I quickly scrunched my nose and turned away as Lu Han chuckled to himself.  “Oh, Lu Han, stay for dinner?” My mother offered before I perked up, “No-”

          “No, it’s getting late, and I have a dinner thing to attend tonight. Thank you for your kindness though, Mrs. Park.” He objected politely before I relaxed.  My mother nodded, “arraso, well, thank you for helping my daughter home.” She stated before walking to the door, “I’ll leave now.” She said with a hint of enthusiasm in her voice. 

          I cringed and set the cup on top of my headboard.  In silence we sat for a while until I finally had the courage to speak.  “Soo, umm…th-thanks for helping me…and whatnot.”  I muttered quietly, “Wh-why did you do it?” I asked him, actually wanting to know his reason.  He cleared his throat as I lifted my head up, “Umm…” He smiled faintly, “Because no girl, especially you, should ever be treated like that.”  Ahh…again with the same answer.  “And I think we’d be great friends.”  He shyly stated before I shook my head.  “No. We can’t be friend.” I quickly objected. 

          “Noona!” Jaehyung shouted as he opened the door, “Umma—Oh! You’re still here…” he muttered as he walked in eating some candy.  I was able to smell it, green apple.  “Jae…” I smiled, “Can noona have some?” I asked pleadingly as he shook his head, “You don’t like Hi! Chew candy though…”  He stated before I shrugged, “But it smells good. “Pleasepleaseplease~~” I begged before he handed me some.  I popped one in my mouth before turning to see Lu Han getting up.  “Leaving?” I asked before he nodded, “Yes…”

          A small smirk formed from his lips, “Your manly man is leaving.”  He chuckled before I jumped and scowled, “Yah!”  “Noona, umma says that she has the porridge done and that you should come down to eat it.” Jaehyung stated before quickly leaving the room.  Lu Han walked over as I sat up.  He helped me out of bed and down the stairs.  “Thanks…” I muttered quietly as we walked down the stairs. 

          After he helped me to the chair, he leaned down to my ears, “I’ll see you tomorrow…” He whispered before walking to the door.  I stared back at him a bit confused since I wasn’t going to be in school, but shrugged it away.  I shouldn’t care.  “Goodbye, Lu Han.  Thank you for helping Miyoung today; you’re welcomed here anytime.”  My mother said as she walked to the door.  Lu Han bowed, “Thank you, Mrs. Park.  And you’re welcome; I’ll help her out anything.” He said before looking over her shoulder and giving me a quick wink.  .


So, because I love you all so much, I stayed up late last night and typed the next chapter; I'm going to knock out after this.

That's all for today! I'm going to sleep now.

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))