038.

⚜ Tied By A Child

           “We’re hanging out at Kris’s place tomorrow.” Lu Han said as he gently let go of my hand, “even if you don’t want to come, I’m sure the girls will drag you.” He said smiling adorably.  We looked at each other for a long while, neither of us saying anything.

           “Did—do you want me to stay with you for a while?” he asked me finally, and even though I did, I shook my head, “No, you go and play catch up with the guys.” I smiled then tippy toed up and kissed his cheek “I’ll see you tomorrow, Lu Han.” I grabbed my tummy and gave him a light hug before leaving.  I heard his soft laughter behind me as I made my way to Soojung’s car.

           As we got out of the car at my house, she asked me to get my dad for help.  “What was the gift?” I asked her but she just shook her head with a small smile.  I scowled and walked inside.  “Appa?" I called as I stepped inside.  My parents were in the kitchen cooking dinner.  “Is Jae with you?” He asked and I nodded, stepping aside so they can see him trailing in after me.  “Of course,” I chuckled, “Appa, Soojung needs your help with something.” I said and grabbed Jaehyung’s tiny hands, “come on, little boy, let’s get you to bed, yeah?” I laughed as he wobbled around before stumbling towards the stairs tiredly.

           After washing Jaehyung and tucking him in, I walked into my room and I saw 2 huge boxes sitting in the corner.  My eyes narrowed in curiosity as my feet lead me towards it.  I made my way around it then smiled widely. 

           A crib and a diaper table.

           My eyes started getting teary at the sight.  Did she buy these for me?  I wanted to cry, but knew I shouldn’t.  Crying over a crib and a diaper table; that makes absolutely no sense. 

           My head turned towards the knock on the door, “Yeah?” I sniffed and the door opened.  “Yeah, appa?” I asked.  He smiled, “I can help you set them up tomorrow if you’re not busy.” He stated which only made me want to cry more.  “Ehh, don’t make that ugly face at me.” He chuckled and walked in to hug me.  I whined softly, “Appa…”  His laughter filled the room, “You don’t need to cry over something so small, Miyoung.”

           And I pulled back, “It’s not like I want to.” I grumble and look to the door as it creaks open again.  “Dear, are you bothering your daughter again? You know how sensitive she is right now, stop making fun of her.” My mother scolds.  My dad only laughs again, “Honey, she’s crying over a crib and a diaper table.” He booms and I suddenly feel so small.

           “Yeobo!” My mom slaps his arm.  She’s taking my side, but I see her trying hard to conceal her laughter.  “Sweetie, get some sleep.  We’ll help you set up tomorrow.” She says. I scrunch my nose, “Actually, Lu Han’s back.” I say to them and they both look at me.  “We’re going to hang out at Kris’s place so maybe Sunday?” I shrug.

           “Of course! Tell him I say hi!  I like that kid.” My dad says and I roll my eyes, “that’s what you said about Sehun too.” My mom hooks her arms around my dad’s arm, “I’ll drag this idiot away.  Shower and get some sleep, sweetie.” She smiles then pulls my father towards her.  “Ah, appa!?” I call out and he turns, “Yeah?”

           I swallow, my head’s throbbing with a migraine.  “Can you turn the AC on? It’s hot in here?” I say and he nods, “I feel fine, but yeah, I’ll do that.” He smiles, “Goodnight, baby girl.” He coos and my mother drags him out, closing the door on their way out.

           I crack the window open before changing into shorts and oversized shirt.  It’s hot.  I glance at the clock on my night stand, 11:52.

           I plummet onto my bed, exhausted.  So many things happened today, number one being Lu Han’s return.  I recall the memories and my insides suddenly melt. 

           But I guess baby doesn’t like it cause he kicks me hard.  I sink lower into the mattress and roll onto my side, pulling my knees up.  His feet makes their way across my stomach as a gradual pain from my lower tummy starts up as well.  My fists curl, nails digging into my palm.  Eyes squeezed tightly, lips bitten.  I can feel the twisting pain moving up and I grip my bed sheets as a stress relief.  I moan and groan, having no energy to do anything else.  I can feel my body getting hot, it’s so uncomfortable.

           It’s impossible for me to get up, let alone do anything at the moment.  So I lay on the bed, uncomfortable and in pain.  My migraine returns as well, and I don’t know how long I stay awake until everything eases down, and I surrender into the night.


           “Miyoung?” Knock. Knock. “Miyoung? I’m coming in.”

           “Honey, wake up.”

           Mom’s shaking my shoulders lightly.  The sun’s shining through my shades.  What?  I remember being in pain one minute and the next…blacking out?  I groan softly as I hold my stomach and push myself up.  “Lu Han’s with Jaehyung outside.  He brought food. Hurry and get dressed, dear.” My mother said as she rubbed my back.  I sat quietly, facing the wall.  Her hands were still rubbing up and down.

           “Are you okay, Miyoung? You’re very quiet right now.” The bed sunk as she sat down next to me.  She brushed my hair aside.  “Miyoung?  You’re scary me.” she cupped my cheeks and made me face her.  “Honey, you’re burning up.” She jumps back onto her feet.  “What?” I croaked quietly in a daze.

           “Miyoung—oh, yeobo!” She shouts for my father and in comes running up the stairs.  “Find the thermometer.”  She says quickly and he obeys.  My mom runs into my closet and finds a loose fitting dress.  “Honey, hurry and put this on; you’re your clothes are all wet with perspiration.”  I do as she says and sit back down on the bed as my father returns and hands it over to my mom.  “What’s wrong?” He asks, curiously looking as she lifts my arm and places it under my armpit.

           The room goes quite for a few minutes as they wait to hear the thing beep.

           “39°C (~102F)” she gasps.  “Honey, it’s not that high, we’ll just give her a few meds and have her rest today.” My father says, trying to comfort my mom.  She shakes her head no, “we have to take her to the hospital.” She says looking around the room.  “39?” she mutters over and over again, “she has a doctor’s appointment in 2 days.” Then turns to me, “are you in pain?” she asks and I snap from my daze.

           “Last night.  Eomma, it hurt so much. I felt like dying.” I said turning around.  “my head’s throbbing and I feel…like using the bathroom.” I say and get up.  My father looks dumbfounded as I walk to the bathroom and my mom hurries around my room.

           I quickly wash up for the day before the pain returns.  “Miyoung, where is your hospital bag?” My mom says the moment I walk back into my room.  I point to the suitcase in the corner.  “Okay, dad already has the car start—”

           But I hear nothing of it as I fall forward to grasp the bed frame.  “Ahhish,” I curse, and my mother rushes over.  “Pain? Where?” She’s concerned…a bit too concern for my liking.  The twisting pain returns, I can feel my muscles tightening below.  It hurts like nothing before.

           Miyoung!?

           The stairs creak as he walks up.  “Lu Han!” My mother shouts and he comes running in.  “Are you—” he reaches me and takes me from my mom as I hunch over.  “Come on,” he soothes as he supports me.  “Take her to the car while I close the shop and bring her suitcase down.” I can hear my mom shout.

           Lu Han gently leads me out of the house.  “I guess it was a good thing I came thing morning, huh?” he says and I only moan an answer.


           At the hospital, they treat me for a fever, doing tests on me to see if it was caused from an infection or not.  The fever explains my weariness and headaches, but not so much my stomach pains.

           It’s about 4 in the afternoon now, and they’ve been running tests on me since I arrived which was roughly 6 hours ago.  I’m lying on a hospital bed with the shades closed to help me rest better.  Both my parents stand as the doctor returns. They greet each other briefly before the doctor says, “The results are in and you don’t have any infections in the uterus. So Miyoung, you will be fine, but your baby seems to be in some sort of distress due to your fever.  We’re going to do everything we can to decrease your temperature because your baby is not ready to come out yet.”  She walks over to my side and rests the back of her hand on my head again.  “But if your temperature rises,” she takes a step back, “Seyong will definitely start acting up again and we might have to perform a C-Section.”

           “Also, there really isn’t anything we can do but give you medication and monitor you for the next 24 hours.  Depending on how your fever goes, we might have a baby here tomorrow.” She smiles lovingly and gives my hand a squeeze.  “You should drink plenty of water and rest.  Clear your mind and don’t worry or stress too much because your baby won’t like that either.” She says before bowing to my parents and leaving us.

           My parents squeeze my hand as I look around tiredly.  “You guys should go home.” I yawned, “Jae needs to sleep in his own bed.  You guys can come back tomorrow morning. I doubt anything will happen.” I say.  My father nods, “your mom can stay with you. I’ll take Jae home.” He leans down and places a light kiss on my forehead.  “You’re my daughter, so you’re also a fighter.” He chuckles, “get a lot of rest, baby girl. Jae and I will be back before you even wake up tomorrow.”


So I'm trying to find distractions so I don't have to study.......oTL, umm yeah, so here's an update for you. Lol, I have a final tomorrow and another on Thursday then I'll be done with school and finishing this story. Heh, YAY ME!

Anyways, WHAT IN THE WORLD 1800+ SUBBERS ON THIS WAHT, WHAT, WAHHHT!?? OMG< guise, I'm going to cry. Thank you all so much because like, gahhh this story isn't even all that, but ughh, i love you guys so much, seriously. Sorry, if you're sick of hearing that. Throwing hearts your way and virtual kisses and squeezing you in my chest, suffocating you, lol, jk. But thank you guys for supporting this story! I love you all to bits and pieces because this story wouldn't be the same without your input.

You guys study hard for your exams!  아자 아자 화이팅!!

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))