031.

⚜ Tied By A Child

 


           “Achooo—!”

           “Are you okay?” My mother asked me before I nodded, “Yeah, I’m fine.  Just cold.” I muttered before her brows caved in, “You’re cold? Miyoung, it’s hot right now.” She stated before walking over to me.  “Sehun called and said you were out in the rain 2 nights ago,” she stated, “You’re probably sick…why were you in the rain anyways?” She asked.  I shrugged, “I don’t know…” I muttered quietly.

           “Aigoo, my daughter…are you going to be able to take care of your baby?” She asked before I nodded, “Of course!” I defended myself.  She tsked, “I’ll make some-”

           “Aniyaaa~!!” I whined before she knuckled my head, “Tea. I’ll make you some tea.” She stated before I stopped and smiled, “Arraso…” I chuckled lightly.

           I went upstairs to grab a blanket and came back down to sit at the table.  “Eomma…” I muttered quietly before she turned her head, “What’s up?” she stated before turning her attention away again.  I sighed heavily and hugged my tummy, “Eomma, I…I think I want to do this alone.” I stated before I heard her stop.

           I looked up as she turned her head, “You’re doing what?” she asked again, in need of a clarification.  “Seyong…” I muttered, “I don’t really want Sehun or Lu Han in this with me.” I stated, “Something happened…and I really can’t trust any of them anymore.  I don’t want anything to do with them nor do I want to see them.” My voice suddenly got bitter talked about them.

           My mother walked over, “What happened?” She asked before I shook my head.  If I tell her, she’s going to make a bit fit about it and the next morning we’ll find Sehun or Lu Han…or maybe both of them dead on the side of the road.

           “There are some things I just need to keep to myself.” I stated before she nodded her head which totally shocked me.  “I understand.” She stated.  “I don’t want to force you to do something you don’t want to do…I’ve learned my lesson.” She stated, “And I trust you.  If something happened between you 3 and you don’t want to tell me, I won’t force you.  You obviously have to have a good reason for not wanting them in your life—or Seyong’s.” She stated. 

           My heart warmed to her reaction.  I stood up and hugged her tightly, “Ahhh, umma~~ you’re going to make me cry!” I sobbed into her shoulder.  She chuckled and patted my back, “Please don’t, I just got this shirt yesterday.” She jokingly stated before I pulled back and scowled.  She smiled and walked back to the stove.  “Watch this…once it’s boiled, drink it, okay? I’m going to check on your dad in the store.”

           I sat blankly stared at my growing belly waiting for the high pitch noise of the kettle to go off.   I sighed as I waited for Seyong’s kicking to stop before getting up. “Ara, ara, I’ll eat something.” I chuckled lightly just as there was a knock on the back door.  I thought nothing of it and went to open it before my smile fell.

           “What do you want?” I asked him.  Lu Han looked at me with soft eyes, “Can I come in?” He asked quietly before I moved aside.  “Thanks.” He muttered as I closed the door behind me.  “What do you want?”  I asked again as he turned, “Miyoung…I’m sorry.” He stated.

           “Sorry doesn’t make everything okay, Lu Han.” I crossed my arms over my chest.  He but his lips and nodded, “I know.” He sighed.  “Here’s what happened…”

           “5 months ago, you were part of a bet.  The first person to sleep with you would win 1000 dollars.” He stated.  I rolled my eyes, wow, for money too?  I scoffed and sat down feeling my knees fighting to support me.  “The senior party at Sehun’s house…that was the only day the bet would be in effect.” He stated, his voice full of sadness.  “That’s why…if you recall, Chanyeol kept getting beat up because he was so close to spilling the bet details.  And why everyone was so nice to you.  For sure, we thought it would be Minseok or no one at all since Minseok was always with you.  After you left the café after the incident, we were asking each other if they had slept with you…” Lu Han stopped for a moment before looking up and catching my eyes, “…Sehun said he did.”

           “He was in on it too…?” I muttered to myself before Lu Han shook his head, “No. He wasn’t.”

           My heart felt as if it dropped a thousand feet.  “He wasn’t in on the bet.” Lu Han stated.  “He slept with you because he wanted to.”

           I shook my head, “He was drunk.” I stated before Lu Han shook his head, “He slept with you because he wanted to, Miyoung.  Sehun’s alcohol tolerance is high.  After a couple bottles of beer, he’ll still be okay.” He sighed.  My heart started to beat quickly, “Why?” I asked while looking away.  Lu Han shrugged, “I don’t know—”

           “The bet…why?” I croaked, swallowing hard and blinking the tears away.  “Because…you were the perfect girl.  The beautiful girl hiding behind all the books, the girl that everyone knew was innocent, and the girl that would do nothing about it if the bet went through.”

           My heart shattered into pieces.  I grabbed my stomach and bit on my lips.  “I’m so dumb.” I muttered quietly, “To think that you guys were being nice.” I stated with a bitter laugh.  “Miyoung…” Lu Han sighed.  “From the bottom of my heart, I want to tell you that I really am sorry.  And everything I told you the day I asked you out was true.  I have been liking you since junior high school.”

           I swallowed and stood up from my seat.  I can’t take this.  Lu Han straightened and followed me to the door silently.  “I’m sorry.” He apologized one last time.  I looked at him and nodded.  I took a deep breath in before asking him a question, "Why didn't you come looking for me that night?" I asked quietly.  Lu Han bit his lips, eyes softening, "...I know you, Miyoung. You wanted to be by yourself, so I let you go." He stated softly, "that was what you would've wanted, right?" He confirmed before I nodded slowly, but it would've been nice if you came after me.

           “Can I ask you for one last thing too?” He asked me before I sighed, “What?”

           His adam's apple bobbed, “can I get a kiss?” He asked.  I looked at him as goose bumps rose to my arms, sending tickling to my legs. “A goodbye kiss?” I asked him before he nodded slowly.  It wouldn't hurt anyone... I took a deep breath and took a step forward.  My belly was lightly touching his shirt.  Lu Han’s hands slowly massaged my neck before I closed my eyes and leaned in.   Our lips met.  It was a soft and slow kiss. I relaxed and something warm started rising in my chest; I had to break it before I wouldn’t be able to.

           I turned away as he brushed my hair back behind my ear, “Thanks for the memories, Miyoung.” He sighed, “Goodbye.”


Hi Lovelies! Here's another update for you all! I know the previous chapter was short, and this one's short too but this is all I can fit in for the time being! Happy Birthday to our baby, Chanyeol & Have a happy Thanksgiving! I'm so grateful to have loving supporters like you all! Thank you for being to patient with me for the past few weeks! I promise after finals, I'll try updating on a regular basis (until the new semester starts, anyways).

Ahh, I read some recent comments and you guys are seriously too nice!! I'm wishing you all the best!

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))