002.

⚜ Tied By A Child

 


          “Umma, we’re back.” I sung as we entered from the back.  “Ahh, Miyoung-ah, this came in the mail for you.  It’s about a senior party this weekend.”  She beamed, “You’re going to go right?”  She asked me before I furrowed my brows, “Um-umma…what are you talking about?”  I don’t have any friends; everyone hates me, so why would I?  I questioned as I took the envelope from her hands.

          “Oh, come on, Miyoung, stop exaggerating.  You’ll have a blast!” She replied as I ripped it open.  I unfolded the letter as I walked upstairs into my room.  I threw my things on the ground and plopped down on the bed.

The senior party is this Saturday; hope to see you there, Park Miyoung.

          I quickly crumbled the paper up and threw it across the room. “Freaking jerks.” I muttered as I got up and walked to my backpack.  I took my brother’s clothes out and gave it to my mom before going back into my room and getting ready for bed.


          The whole week went by quickly as if it was just waiting for Saturday to come.  I quickly packed my bag as the bell rang.  My plan was to leave as fast as I can before anyone could approach me about the party tomorrow.  Just as I was about to exit homeroom someone stepped in front of me.  I puffed my bangs up and looked up.

          “Party’s tomorrow, everyone! Don’t forget! See you all there! And bring swimwear!” Chanyeol shouted to the class before looking down.  “You’ll be there too, right, Miyoung?” He emphasized as I cringed.  He grabbed my arms, “Are you okay?  You almost fell yesterday but I-”

          “That was you?” I asked cocking my head to the side.  He flashed a grin, “Guereom!”  “-Yah! Park Chanyeol, stop lying.”  Chanyeol and I both turned to see Lu Han walking down the hall with Yixing and Minseok next to him.  “Ahh, hyung, I was just playing with her.”  Chanyeol said removing his hands from my arms.  Minseok scoffed, “You can’t even play her, she’s a Park too, dimwit.”

          I stepped away from them before Chanyeol grabbed me again and hung his arms around me.  Every muscle in my body tensed up.  I stared at the ground, ready to make a run for it.  “She’s from Incheon.  Therefore, it’s perfectly fine.”  Students rushed out to see the commotion as Lu Han stepped in front of me.  He removed Chanyeol’s arm, “Leave.” He told me before I bowed, “Ne…kamsahamnida.” I quickly muttered before stepping aside.

          “See you at the party tomorrow, Miyoung.” Minseok sang as I rushed past, “Never…in a million year.” I muttered back.  I ran down the 4 levels of the school and quickly left the premises.  By the time I got home, I was ready for a long shower to rub off the nastiness I felt from his touch.  Damn, was I ready to leave school.  I’m surprised I stayed here for this long.  Since middle school to now, I could’ve gone somewhere else.  Stupid questions is, if I’m so fed up with them, why didn’t I leave.  A question I still continue to ask myself.

          “Ahh, my beautiful daughter is backk~” My mother sang as I entered from the back of the shop, into the kitchen.  “Ummaa~” I whined as she hugged me.  “Miyoung-ah, I have a present for you.” Her face was bright as she pulled a box from under the table.  “Here, for you.” She smiled as I raised a brow, “Umma…what’s this?” I stood by the door as she dragged me to the table, “Just open it.”  She sat down giddily.

          “Aishh,” I sat down and lifted the cover up before scowling.  “Umma! We don’t even have a lot of money! Why are you buying me these things!?” I shouted as she stood up shocked, “Of course we have money! You don’t like it?” She asked, “I bought it so you can go to the party tomorrow wearing nice clothes.” She added.  “If you don’t like it, we can go bac-”

          “Umma, I’m not going to the party…those people aren’t my friends.”  I replied as I grabbed her hands, “Return the clothes and use it for something else, uh?” I pleaded as she shook her head stubbornly, “Aniya, aniya, Miyoung, you’re going to go to the party.  It’ll be fun, okay.  This party will help you relax before you guys start cramming in the study time for the entrance exams.”  I rolled my eyes, “You don’t even know if it’s going to be fun.”

          “Ahh, we own a store, Miyoung.  Some students came in talking about the senior party and saying that it’s a pool party, and you love swimming. Look, look.” She said excited, “I even bought you a new swimming suit, it’s sekshii.” Her voice raised a higher pitch.  “Mooooommm~”  “-Miyoung, can you go, just once.  I just want you to be happy, okay?  Just this one time…plus, I forgot, but this is a sale item, so I can’t return it.”  She smiled evilly before I scrunched my nose, “Arraso! Aishhh…”  I took the box from the table, “Going to sleep.” I muttered as I quickly kissed her cheeks.  “Assa!” She giggled like a little school girl, “I hope you like the swimming suit! The lady I bought it from said that that’s the new trend!” She shouted as I walked up the stairs of our little house in the back of the store.

          I opened the box against and took out the swimwear and the outfit she bought for me. 

  

          I sighed heavily, “You could have bought other important things…”  I muttered to myself before I shoved it back in the box. 


          It was close to 3 when I decided to leave the house.  I wore my new swimwear under the new outfit and made my way down the stairs.  “Umma, appa, I’m leaving…” I muttered before my father’s eyes lit, “You look like a girl!”  I narrowed my gaze, “Appa!” I pouted before he added, “Aniya, that’s not what I meant.  It’s just, you’re always wearing big sweaters and jackets.”  He smiled as my mother grabbed his hands, “Your father’s right—”

          “I wore a dress yesterday…” I stated as Jaehyung walked down the stairs.  “That’s because you only wear dresses when you’re with Jaehyung.”  Jaehyung beamed and nodded, “Because I told noona to look like a girl when she’s with me.” He giggled before I tackled him with a hug.  “Aishh, I’m going…and once I step inside the house I’ll be on my way back.” I smirked as my mother threw an oven mitt at me, “Yah! Go stay as long as you want! You don’t even have to come back tonight!” She smiled as I scoffed, “don’t regret those words.” I stuck my tongue out and hurried out the door before she could throw anything back at me.

          I walked down a random street, kicking a pebble as entertainment.  “What am I going to do now…?” I asked myself.  I was not going to the party.  My parents wouldn’t even know if I went or not.  I can just lie about it.  Why would I want to spend some 6+ hours with a group of annoying and immature seniors?  I lightly ruffled my hair, “And those annoying, immature seniors are graduating…?” I shook my head, “Idiots.”

          I kept walking to no particular place, just straight down the streets.  I looked at phone, “Ahh, it’s only been an hour?” I hissed as I waited for the walking sign to turn green. 

          “Ah? Is that Miyoung?” 

          “Ohhohohoo, it is!”

          “Miyoung!?

          My shoulders slouched and head bent down as I hear footsteps behind me.  “I knew you’d come!” Chanyeol’s voice bellowed next to my ears.  I turned my head and looked up at him, “I’m not going anywhe-”  “Ah! Don’t lie!” Baekhyun said next to me, “This is the way to Sehun’s house…but I bet you knew that.”  He smirked before I scowled.  I looked around the place as they dragged me across the street.  I was on the other side of town…where all the rich people lived.  How did I get this far without even noticing anything?  Stupid me.

          “Chanyeol, stop scaring her.”  I turned around and caught eyes with Tao.  He gave me a sly smile.  Chanyeol burst out in laughter, “You’re the one that’s going to scare her.”  I exhaled heavily and shoved his hands away from me.  “Guemanae!” I shouted before Tao, Baekhyun, and Minseok started laughing at Chanyeol while Lu Han stayed silent in the back.  “I’ll go to the stupid party! Just don’t touch me!” I huffed and distanced myself away from them.

          There was snickering behind me.  “Bet’s on.” I heard but I shrugged those words off.  They were all walking behind me; I had no clue where I was going, but once I heard the music and the streets filled with cars, I knew I was there.  His house sat on a hill overlooking some parts of the city.  I walked through the gates and up the hill before actually reaching the mansion.  I didn’t even want to go inside after I reached the mansion.  The music was loud and annoying, and the air reeked of alcohol.

          People stared at me as I slowed my pace down.  I wanted to run back away from this place.  What was I even doing here in the first place?  Someone put their arms around me and I turned to see Minseok smiling, “Come on, let’s go inside.” He said into my ear.  Surprisingly, I felt secure under his arms.  I walked with him inside as I heard Chanyeol moan as if he was in pain.  “She went so easy to him!” He cursed as Baekhyun’s loud laugh followed after.

          I looked around the large house filled with some 300 seniors.  Once you walked in, a large foyer greeted you, and when you walked further past the hall, there was a big living room and the glass doors that led out to an unexpectedly large pool.  There were 3 floors to the mansion, and I noticed that there were only people occupying the first 2 floors.  Minseok led me up the stairs before we made it to the third floor which was open, empty of any furniture beside a bar along the wall.

          He walked over to a fridge and grabbed some drinks before walking over.  “Here.”  He said handing me a bottle of beer.  I shook my head, “I-I don’t drink…” I muttered as I looked around the room.  Can I even trust this kid?  He sighed and got up again before returning with 2 glass wine cups and a wine bottle.  “Here, just have some wine…it’s not that bad.” He said as he poured me a cup.  I looked at him hesitantly and curiously before he chuckled, “I didn’t do anything.  You even saw me pour it in your cup.”  I swallowed before finally taking a sip.

          “See?  It wasn’t that bad.”  He chuckled as I sipped some more.  We stared at each other for a while before spoke.  “Why are you doing this? …talking to me and all?” I questioned as I sipped some more.  He chuckled, “Hmm, am I not allowed to?”  No, not really.  “I was just wondering…” I muttered quietly.

          “Hey! Do you want to go swimming?” He asked me before I quickly shook my head, “No.”  He put his bottle of beer down, “Wow that was a quick reply.”  He looked around the dimly lit room before leaning across the counter and flicking a switch.  The whole 3rd floor was bright now.  What I though was dark walls were shaded windows.  “There’s a pool up there, we don’t have to go downstairs where everyone else is.”  He chuckled lightly before I turned around and saw a door to the rooftop and some doors against the adjacent wall.

          I turned back to him and slowly shook my head, “Ahhniyo, you can go ahead though.”  I stated before he got up from the chair and grabbed my hands.  “Come on, you don’t even have to go in, just sit by the edge and dip your feet in then.”  He said and dragged me outside and up the stairs onto the rooftop.  He let go of my hands and removed his shirt right in front of me.

          I quickly looked away as he laughed, “You really are innocent…it’s cute.”  I grew goose bumps down across my skin.  My eyes squeezed shut even though I was looking away; my heart beat incredibly fast at his comment.  He tapped my shoulder before I slowly opened my eyes.  “You can turn around now, cutie.”  He stated before I shivered.  Cutie? 

          He stepped in the water as I sat down on the edge of the pool.  “See…doesn’t this feel nice-”  he stopped and moved his attention to the loud voice coming up the stairs.  I followed his gaze and saw Chanyeol appear first.  “AH! There she is!” He smiled brightly before jogging over.  “Minseok, you can’t just take her and keep her for yourself.”  He stated as he threw his shirt and jumped into the warm pool. 

          Baekhyun, Yixing, Lu Han, Jongdae, Joonmyun and Kyungsoo followed after him.  “There you are, Minseok.”  Jongdae stated as he nodded in my direction, “Annyeong, Miyoung-ah.” He said with a slight smirk.  Everyone did the same greeting, but Kyungsoo actually bowed.  I smiled a bit before I saw his cheeks turn a hint of red. 

          “Aishh—at this rate, Kyungsoo will win!”  Chanyeol shouted before Jongdae and Baekhyun splashed him with water, “YAH! SHUT UP!” They hissed loudly.  I only sighed while looking at my feet in the water.  “Miyoung, why aren’t you swimming?” Joonmyun asked me as he threw his shirt off to the side.  Damn.  Are they all good looking?  I sighed before staring blankly at him, “Don’t want to.”  I said bluntly.  His smile faded a bit, “Oh…okay.”  And suddenly I felt bad.  I felt like I was the bad guy, as if I did something wrong. 

          I mentally cursed, “Ahh..it’s not because I don’t like you…” Lies. “I—I just…” I scratched my head, “-I just had some wine, so I can’t swim for a while.”  I sighed.  Nice excuse.  Joonmyun nodded, “Ahh, true…okay.” He flashed me his angelic smile before my heart fluttered against my chest.  “DAMMIT! Joonmyun, Kyungsoo! You guys don’t count in this—”

          YAH! YOU LITTLE PIECE OF SH-” “Shut up, Chanyeol!” Jongdae interrupted Baekhyun and slapped the back of Chanyeol’s head.  Kyungsoo came and sat next to me.  “Ahh, don’t worry about them.” He chuckled dryly.  I smiled to him without thinking.  “I’m Kyungsoo, Do Kyungsoo.” He said sticking his hand out to me.  I nodded, “Yeah…I know.” I muttered as I hesitantly shook his hand.  “You’re not going to tell me your name?” He cocked his head to the side and asked me cutely.  “Don’t you already know who I am thou-”

          He nodded, “Yeah, but I’d like a formal introduction.  Don’t you think that’s better?” He interjected.  I swallowed, “Park Miyoung.”  I said quickly before someone dragged Kyungsoo into the water shouting, “I will not lose to you!”  I straightened and blocked the water that splashed at me.  I wiped the droplets from my cheeks and was startled as Yixing shyly showed me a smile from the middle of the pool, “If you don’t want to get your clothes wet, I think you should quickly get into your swimming suit.”

          I narrowed my gaze at him and turned around just as I saw Jongin’s chest, his arms grabbed me and took me into the water with him.  Immediately, I shoved him away and swam up for air.  I wanted to hurt someone.  This jerk.  Now what am I supposed to wear back home?  I pushed myself out of the water and rolled my body next to the side of the pool.  My chest rose quickly and my arms covered my eyes. 

          Someone touched my arm, “Are you okay?” I removed my arm and saw Baekhyun staring down at me.  I pushed him aside and forced myself up, “You !” I shouted as I met eyes with Jongin.  I stood up as the guys snickered, “Someone’s going to die.”  Minseok said amused.  I was furious, and my mind was only set on strangling the kid across the pool.  I took off ready to run, but Baekhyun grabbed my wrist and pulled me back.  “If you take off your wet clothing, you’ll be faster.”  He whispered into my ears. 

          I could care less about exposing myself at this moment; I was already wet.  I lifted my soaking shirt over my head and ed my jean shorts.  “Holy , someone’s angry.”  Jongin stated before I lifted my head up.  I kicked my shorts away from the pool and dove into the water.  I’m in love with swimming, so of course I was a good swimmer.  I quickly reached that jerk but as I lifted my head out of the water I heard someone shout, “She’s not joking! Get her away from him before she really kills that kid!

          And quickly I was pulled back.  I kicked the water and struggled in his arms before accidently throwing my head back.  He grunted and his arms loosen around my body.  I swung around and saw Lu Han’s face in pain as he covered his nose.  I scrunched my nose, “Oh my goodness! I’m so sorry!” He looked at me in annoyance before I pushed him to the side of the pool.  “I’m sorry! I’m sorry!” I bowed my head as the other guys burst out in laughter.  I couldn’t find any towels so I grabbed the first thing I saw, my shirt, and held it up to his nose.

          “Is there a bathroom-”  “-down the stairs.” He grunted.  Gosh, I felt so bad, but I was happy that he was letting me help him.  We walked down the stairs, back to the 3rd floor and walked inside the big bathroom.  He sat on the edge of the tub as I searched the closet for towels.  “Don’t lean your head backwards.” I told him as I rushed over, “You’ll end up blocking your windpipe.” I added as I gave him the towel.  He leaned forward as I moved his hands away, “Wipe your hands on the towel…and your face.” I stated softly as I pinched the bridge of his nose. 

          I was standing on my knees in front of him, “I’m sorry…” I apologized softly, “I really didn’t mean to do that…” I said holding his nose.  “It’s fine, really.” He chuckled.  I was surprised, but didn’t say anything.  After 5 minutes I removed my hands and the bleeding stopped.  I smiled, “There…”  I placed my hands on my legs and got up from the ground as Lu Han stood up, “Thanks…” he smiled, “How did you know what to do?” He asked me as we walked out of the bath room into the area where the sinks were. 

          “Ahh, my younger brother occasionally has nose bleeds.”  I shrugged.  He washed his face as I wiped some blood off my legs and hands.  “You’re not…sick, right?” I asked him afraid as I saw a small paper cut after washing my hands.  “Sick?” He questioned.  I started panicking, “Ye-yeah…because..you know…I—you all…sleep-sleep around and stuff.  STD and what-”

          “Last time I got myself checked, I didn’t have any…why?” He asked.  Even that couldn’t calm me down.  “Oh my gosh, I’m going to die.” I croaked, “I’m going to die…”  I turned and looked at Lu Han, “I’m going to die…” I muttered before he grabbed my hand and saw the small cut.  He lifted his head, “you’re fine, I’m not sick, don’t worry.  If you’re going to die then I’m going to die too.” 

          “That doesn’t make me feel any better.”  I grumbled before the door opened.  We both looked to see Baekhyun with Sehun and Soojung behind them. “Hyung—” Sehun furrowed his brow as Baekhyun started laughing again.  I looked at all three of them; Soojung threw me death glares.  “Ahh, hyung, I heard you got a bloody nose.” Sehun stated before Baekhyun added, “But I guess I should just tell Chanyeol that you won.”  He smirked as he nodded towards Lu Han and me. 

          We both looked at each other then looked down before quickly removing our hands from each other.  I bowed to Lu Han and apologized again before pushing them away and rushing out the doors.  “Ahhh—Miyoung!”  Lu Han shouted after me.  “Don’t leave yet!” He said as Minseok appeared, “You’re leaving?” He asked me before I nodded, “Ah…yeah…”  “-You can’t though, you don’t have clothes.”

          I cursed out loud.  “Just stay for a while, I’m sure Sehun wouldn’t mind you using the dryer and whatnot.”  Minseok said taking my hand in his.  I heard Soojung scowl behind me.  “Let’s just have some more wine, uh?” Minseok smirked before I gladly took it. 


YAY! GUYS! Another update! I ended school yesterday and I'll be walking for graduation on Saturday! I'm so excited! :)) && I'm finally having a comeback on aff, lol. :)) Hope you enjoyed the update!

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))