018.

⚜ Tied By A Child

 


           My school uniform is finally starting to feel a little tight on me.  I can’t tell if there’s a bump or not though, it’s still fairly flat…it’s just my chest.  My s, they’re bigger.  And I don’t like it.  I can’t button up my uniform jacket anymore so I have to wear it open.  Thank goodness there’s only 6 weeks of school left.

           I’m 16 weeks pregnant.  I yawned tiredly and walked down the stairs with a headache.  My mom was up early and has been for the past couple of weeks, preparing me breakfast before I leave so that I would have energy throughout the day.

           “Are you okay, honey?” she asked with a quick glance.  I scrunched my nose and nodded, “y-yeah…I’m just—” I stumbled on my feet and grasped the chair tightly for support.  My weight shifted to one side and I fell, having the chair fall on me as well.  “Miyoung—!!” my mother shouted as she left the counter side and ran to me.  “What’s wrong?” she asked, “Are you okay?” she lifted the chair up and helped me to my feet.

           My father came out of his room, “What’s wrong!? What happened?” He said running down the stairs.  My breathing was quick and heavy, “nothing…” I muttered as I leaned my head down on the table, exhausted and light headed.  “Miyoung, tripped…” my mother informed my father, “Miyoung, why don’t you go back to sleep, okay?  I don’t want you to accidentally trip at school or something and harm yourself and the baby.” She stated.  “Yeobo, help her back to bed, will you?  I’ll bring you something to eat, Miyoung.” My mother stated as my father lightly held onto my upped arm, “back to bed we go,” my father sung cheerfully.

           My dad tucked me in tightly and kissed my forehead, just like he used to when I was younger.  He patted my leg, a sign telling me that he was going to sit.  He looked at me and smiled, “You’re growing up too fast for me, Miyoung.” He said softly.  “You’ll be graduating in a month…” he chuckled dryly, “you’ll be having a baby…and soon you’ll be off away and married.” 

           I pursed my lips and wrinkled my nose, “appaa~~” I chuckled, “I’m still your baby girl.” I smiled big with crescent eyes forming.  “You’ll always be my baby girl…heck, you’re the only daughter I have.” He laughed before I joined him.  He sighed once his laughter died down, “Miyoung,” his voice suddenly got serious, “I’m your father.” He stated a fact I already knew.  “Of course you are, dad.” I smiled faintly, not knowing where this was going to go.

           “Every father wants to meet the guy that gets their daughter pregnant.”

           I furrowed my brows and choked a chuckled, “a-appa—”  “Now—it doesn’t matter if the pregnancy was off of a one-one night stand or marriage-though the preferably choice is marriage-but it doesn’t matter, we still love you. Anyways,” he took another deep breath, “what I’m trying to say it that, I would like to meet this—this bastard-”

           Appa!” I chuckled and sat up.  “Well, this kid gets you pregnant and doesn’t have the decency to show up.  I could care less if he’ll support this baby now because he obviously won’t make a good father figure, but at least—the least he could have done was show up and introduced himself…” he muttered as I touched his arm.

           “You know, I thought Lu Han was going to be the father when he sat us down, like a real gentlemen.” My father smiled, “I really like Lu Han; he’s a good guy…he’ll be good for you.” He sighed; even though he stated something good, I could hear the sadness of actually not being able to meet Sehun, his grandson’s actual father.

           I scowled and lightly slapped my father’s arm, “Appa!” I pouted, “You’re so mean…” I muttered under my breath as he chuckled and pinched my cheeks, the only person I’ll let do that to me.

           “I’m just kidding…you’re both good for each other.” He stated before giving me a hug.  “Appa, did you know…” I pulled back from him and smiled faintly, “Lu Han and the baby’s father are best friends.”

           “Mwuh!? YAH! How could a guy like Lu Han hang out with a kid that doesn’t even man up and take responsibility!?  What is this?  What kind of people are do you go to school with!? What kind of school did I enroll you in?”  I laughed and slapped his arm again at his silliness.  “Appaa—this is the best public school,” I smiled and leaned back down as he laughed it off.

           “—you two are having a lot of fun, I hear.” My mother said as she walked in with a bowl of some porridge, “Here, eat this sweetie.”  I sat back up and took the bowl from her.  “Also, this is an herbal drink to help with your dizziness.” She placed the ceramic cup down on my night table.  I scowled began nibbling at my porridge. 

           “After you’re done, get some rest Miyoung…just leave the empty bowl and empty cup,” she emphasized, “on the table and I’ll pick it up later.” She leaned in and kissed my forehead, “now hurry and eat.” She stated before flicking my dad’s head, “Yah—go open the store, pabo.” She scowled, “I have to get Jae up and—”

           “No! It’s my turn to do that, you did that yesterday.” My father whined as he stood up, “I believe it’s your turn to open the store to-”

           “Nope, nope, I clearly remember opening the store yesterday-”

           I chuckled as my parents argued and left the room.  I adjusted my pillow and leaned back on it before slowly eating the porridge.  After I finished, I drank a little of the herbal drink before falling asleep.


           I didn’t go to school the next day too and stayed in bed most of the time on Saturday.  Lu Han came and visited after school on Friday when I didn’t show up again.  Eunae was over every day.

           I yawned tiredly and rubbed my eyes and tears formed.  “Are you feeling better today?” My mother stated before I nodded, “Yeah, better, just extremely tired for some odd reason.” I mumbled.  She walked over and sat down a bowl of rice, “hurry and eat, catch the bus to school, and don’t be late.” She stated, “You already missed 2 days of school, you might want to leave early so that you can speak to your teacher, okay?” she said as she want to clean up the kitchen dishes.  I nodded, “Arraso, thanks mommy~” I chuckled childishly before eating.


           The guys were out on the field again as I arrived at school.  I walked around the field, keeping my eyes away, not wanting to look at them and have them notice me.  I was walking up the school steps when I hear my name called out in the field.  A smile slowly made its way onto my face as I turned, knowing that voice.

           I waved to Lu Han before sticking my tongue out and stepping inside the school building.  I walked into the teacher’s lounge and talked with teacher Nam about what I missed.

           “Nothing much since it was festival week.  This week we’re studying for the exams, and the rest of the school year.” He stated with a sigh.  I forgot about the tournament.  “Ho-how did we do?” I asked quietly.  He only ran his fingers through his hair, “we weren’t even close in the swimming without you.  Our class fought hard for the soccer match but still lost that too.  We placed 3rd in track though.”

           I nodded, “that-that’s nice…” I smiled before he shook his head, “all in all though…as a class we placed last within the 4 senior classes.” My eyes widened, “What! How-”  “We got 3rd in track.  Our class and class 4-B were paired up together for the soccer game and lost against class 4-C & 4-D.  We lost both the guy and girl swimming competition, and we completely lost the tug of war with so many girls in our class….no offense.” He quickly stated as I chuckled dryly, “None taken…”

           I started feeling a bit warm and hot.  My palms were getting sweaty at the thought of my class probably hating me.  “Better luck next time?” I chuckled and stepped back before bowing, “I’m sorry…and I’ll leave now so you can continue your work…” I muttered before quickly leaving the room.  I leaned against the wall once I exited.  Now everyone has another reason to hate on me.

           I slowly made my way to my homeroom upstairs.  “6 more weeks, orientation, move in.” I stated as I walked inside the classroom.

           “Miiiiiiiiiyoungggg~~~” I hear his voice down the hall.

            I smiled as I heard his voice shouting my name from down the hall.  He appeared by the door seconds later, “Why did you stop outside?” he asked as he walked in.  I chuckled and kissed his cheeks, “I would’ve been just a distraction for you, Lu.” I laughed and set my bag down as he grabbed my hands and kissed my palm, just like he always does.  “You’re too sweet.”

           “You’re not buttoning your shirt today…” he stated before I sighed, “…the jacket doesn’t feel comfortable anymore if I button it.” I said sadly.  “I’m getting fat.” I stated before Lu Han scowled, “You’re not getting fat…the baby’s just growing, and that’s a good thing.” He smiled, “at least you can’t really tell.” He said with a grin.

           “Good.” I stated and took out my text books.  “Do you guys have practice today?” I asked before he nodded, “Unfortunately.” He sighed.  I scrunched my nose, “I’ll stay to watch.  Jae likes soccer too and I think Eunae’s going to pick him up and come here.”  Lu Han’s eyes brightened, “Chincha! We are going to get along very well then.” Lu Han stated as he referred to Jaehyung.  “Don’t you two already get along though?” I asked.   Lu Han chuckled with a head shake, “Aniyo…him being your super hero and me being your man doesn’t really work out, Miyoung.  Come on, get with the program.” He joked.

           “Well, I’m sorry!” I said firmly, “No one’s ever wanted to be my man, Lu Han.”

           He gave my hand a squeeze and kissed my palm, “I’m sorry, Miyoung…that was a joke, okay?” he whispered into my hair.  I took a deep breath, “…I know…I know…I just can’t control it.” I muttered, “I hate it; I’m sorry, Lu Han.”

           He softly kissed my temple, “I like it…” He chuckled, “this is the only time I’ll see you mad, and I think it’s cute.”  I rolled my eyes and scowled, “eww, that’s nasty, Lu Han.”

           “Lu Han! Help me with the math assignment from last night!” Baekhyun shouted as he popped his head inside the room, “Hey Miyoung…I hope you don’t mind me stealing him away from you.  Class is going to start soon anyways.” He smirked.  Lu Han scowled and pushed his chair back.  “I don’t mind.” I smiled brightly to Baekhyun.

           “—yeah, but I do.” Lu Han muttered under his breath.  “I’ll see you again during the break.” Lu Han stated as he softly kissed my head and left the room.

           Students filed in just minutes later.  Their eyes burned through me as they looked at my way.  I turned away and sighed.  This is going to be a long day.


Heyy everyone! I'm back and I'm terribly sorry for the wait. I moved into my dorm 3 days ago but I've just been too busy to ready do anything && warning you now, that's probably what's going to happen until semester ends. I'm so jelly of Eunae becuase she doesn't start school for another week but I start Monday so I'm kind of REALLYYY stressful right now.

Plus, I haven't been eating right cause I reallyyyy miss Hmong Food RICE omg, all I've been eating it ramen && I know it's not healthy but that's the only quick thing I can make. SOO HUNGRY right now actually & it's 12:30AM. I really need to be sleeping & I'm sorry you're just really reading nonsense that doesn't really make sense to any of you, or isn't important anyways. Ugh, nvm, I'll just stop here.

I hope you guys--jk, I didn't like this update, so idrk.

Oh. , if you're all wondering, I finally have the ending down. For the past few weeks ALL your comments have been messing with me so I created an X amount of endings, pmsl, but yeah. I finally made up my mind. :)) YAY ME! Lol && I AINT CHANGING IT NO MORE NO MATTER WHAT YOUR COMMENTS SAY ABOUT WHO YOU WANT MIYOUNG WITH. Lol, alright. now I'm done.

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))