011.

⚜ Tied By A Child

 


          “We ended school already, and I got accepted into Seoul University so I’m living with my grandparents here.”  She explained, “I’m so excited! You were the first person I came to find.”  She chuckled as my mother patted her shoulder.  “It’s nice seeing you again, Eunae-ah.  Do you know what you want to do?” She asked as she left a plate of cookies on the table in front of us.  I started chewing on another one of those candy to stop me from devouring all the cookies. 

          “I’m planning on art or web design…something with art.” Eunae shrugged before taking a cookie and looking at me, “Did you get accepted somewhere?” She asked before taking a bite.  “I—I, ummm…I got a scholarship to Columbia University in the states.”  I stated while fidgeting with my fingers.  “Why are you so awkward!!” Eunae cried, “We’re like best friends!-”

          “-its—well, I haven’t seen you in 4 years…that’s all.  This is a real…surprise…and-d”  “—tsktsk, you’re still the same quiet Miyoung.”  Eunae stated as she picked up another cookie.  “So what’s new with you?” She stated.  I looked up to see my mother eyeing me.  “Nothing much…right now, we’re preparing for the school end of the year festival and then prepare for the College Entrance Exams.  After the exams we’re going to go on our senior trip.” I said barely audible as I reached the end of the sentence. 

          “You’re still studying medical?” She asked me before I nodded, “Yeah, still medical.”  I replied.  “Still the good girl.” She laughed and stood up, “Let’s go shopping, Miyoung!  Show me all your favorite places!” Eunae beamed, “we’ve missed 4 years together so now we have to make everything up.”  She turned around, “Mrs. Park, I’m stealing Miyoung for the day, arraso?” She said as she dragged me towards the door.

          I threw my mother a look as she mouthed ‘be careful’ before I left the house, dragged by Eunae…Choi Eunae.


          Eunae and I grew up in Incheon together.  We did everything together and because of that, we were known as the Eunyoung twins.  We were inseparable.  When I was just about to enter high school, my parents decided to move to Seoul for better opportunities which didn’t really come.  But having a small family store is enough to make a living, so there’s no complaints there.

          She’s always been the one to talk and say things without thinking while I stay quiet and follow her around.  That was just how we were.  She was always popular with the guys because they liked a girl that wasn’t afraid of doing things, while I was too “girly.”  It’s totally fine though because I don’t need a man…they’ll just take up too much in my life.  And I don’t want that.

          I smiled, thinking back at all the memories we had together.  Ahh---Soojung.  Jung Soojung, who also grew up in Incheon.  I guess you can say that there’s always been tension between us.  I remember when she dumped her try of food on me just because I beat her score on the math test…and every test after that.  I didn’t make a big deal about it, but Eunae did. 

          Junior high, grade 2, when Soojung dumped her milk on me during lunch, Eunae quickly stood up and did the same to her…but she also told her something that wasn’t meant to be said.  In her anger, Eunae accidentally blurted her mother’s affair.  Thank goodness Eunae hissed that because if she didn’t there would have been some crazy things that would have gone down that day.  And just 6 months later, Soojung’s parents divorced.

          Choi Eunae.  That one person who will do everything that I probably won’t do.  I don’t even know why we’re such good friends.

          By the time I came back home, I felt as if I never moved.  She was still her crazy self.  We walked down Myeongdong Market before she started randomly singing through the crowd.  She’s a crazy girl, and I miss hanging out with her.  I forgot how much fun I had when I was with her, even if she makes a fool of herself, at least she doesn’t care for others judgments…unlike me.

          “I’ll come on Monday after you end school! I’ll be busy this weekend unpacking and whatnot.”  Eunae shouted as she waved goodbye.  “I also took your phone and put my number in there so you know who’s calling!” She said laughing before I said my goodbye and closed the door.  “How was the hangout?”

          I jumped while clutching onto my chest dramatically.  I turned around, “Umma, don’t do that.  You scared me.”  I was calming my breathing down when she walked over and patted my shoulders, “Ahh, I’m sorry.”  She lightly kissed my head, “I made some food for you.” My mother said walking to the stove.  “Umma, I’m not hungry, but you can save it for tomorrow.”  I answered tiredly while walking up the stairs.  “I’m feet hurt, and my back aches.”  I stated as I walked up the stairs.  My mother followed me into my room.  “I’ll massage your legs, Miyoung-ah.” She said surprising me. 

          I sat on my bed and shook my head, “Aniyo, umma, it’s—”  “No, Miyoung, I want to.”  She was already starting when she that, so I let her.  “I want to, Miyoung.  I remember the pain and the aches, and I am glad your father was there with me to do this when I was pregnant with you and Jaehyung.  This is meant for the husband.”  She softly stated as I went quiet.

          Sehun.  He’ll never do this.  And I’ll never want him to.  But I hope in the future, there’ll be someone who will, someone who’ll do as my father did and care of me.  That my only wishing for that.

          “Does the father know?” She asked again.  I forced a small chuckle, “I told him today…that’s why I was home early from school.  And I told him I wanted nothing to do with him, and he agrees.”  He didn’t say anything, but I’m sure that’s what he was thinking.  “Ahh..do you think we can meet-”  “—no-no, no mom.  I-I would-he wouldn’t want that.  I wouldn’t want that.  I already told him that I didn’t want—need him in this pregnancy at all, so I don’t want him to meet you guys.”  I quickly interrupted, “I know you guys really want to meet him, just to…talk, but I-I think it’s better if you guys don’t.”

          I stared at her waiting for her to answer.  She surprised me when she said that it was okay.  “If you think this is better, then it’s okay, and I’ll respect your wishes.  You’re a grown woman now and you’ve always been looking out for the best of the family.  You’re going to have a baby now so I trust you.”  She rubbed her hands together and stood up from the bed.  “Get some sleep, Miyoung.  You’re going to need to start going to sleep earlier even if you’re not tired.”

          “Ne, umma.  I’m going to shower first and I’ll go to sleep.” I said getting up after her.  “Mmmm, umma, kamsahae~” I sang and hugged her tightly. “aigoo,aigoo, agioo, go shower, Miyoung.” She chuckled before leaving the room.  “goodnight.”


          The next day I didn’t wake up until after noon.  But if Jaehyung didn’t come shouting and yelling at me to take him to get some ice cream, I wouldn’t even have been awake yet.  “—But Jae, your noona is very tired right now.”  I groaned as I hid under the bed sheets.  He climbed on the bed and jumped next to me.  “Nooonaa~ I want to go though, it’s very hot and hot outside.”  He complained. 

          “Jae, just go into the store and tell mom to give you some, okay?” I asked as I hid my face into my pillow.  I felt his tiny arms suddenly hug me.  “Noona, you’re leaving in a couple months, and I want to hang out with you every day until you go.”  He said softly making me groan.  “If you leave right now, I’ll get ready.”  I grumbled before he hoped off the bed, “Assa!  I’ll be outside kicking the soccer ball!  Hurry up, noona!” He shouted as he closed the door.

          I got dressed before walking down the stairs.  I opened the door into the store before walking to the counter where my father was.  “Appa, where’s mom?” I asked while giving him a kiss on the cheek.  “She’s stocking the isles.”  He replied, “Did you have a good sleep?” He asked raising a brow, “You slept in pretty late.”  He stated as I shyly smiled, “Hmm,” I chuckled, “Jae wanted to go eat ice cream because he said it was very hot and hot out right now.”  I answered, “So he woke me up.”

          My father laughed, “Jae meant it’s very hot and humid out.” He gave me a quick hug, “Go and have fun, but be careful okay? Make sure to drink a lot of water because you’re going to be very thirsty, and don’t go to places where there aren’t a lot of people just in case something happens to you.  If you’re eating, make sure you eat enough for 2 people, I don’t want you coming home starving—”

          “-appa,” I kissed his cheeks again, taking in his after shave scent, “I’ll be okay.  The baby will be okay, and Jae will be okay.  Don’t worry, okay?  I’ll call if anything happens.” I chuckled as I walked backwards.  “Tell mom we left already, and we’ll be back later…I don’t really know when, but before dinner…” I gave him a soft smile, “Bye!”  I waved and disappeared back into the house.

          I walked out the back and was met by the hot and very humid air.  I could already feel my stick beginning to feel sticky.  I sighed, “Jae…let’s go.”  I grumbled as he kicked the ball over to me and ran over.  I crouched down to his level, “eww, baby, you’re already sweaty.”  I stated as if I was disgusted.  I scrunched my nose while wiping the sweat from his forehead, and the streaks of perspiration down the side of his head.  “Let’s get to the ice cream parlor so you can cool down.”  I stated as I pushed myself up and grabbed onto his hands. 


          “We meet once again…I think it’s fate.”  Lu Han chuckled into my ears.  “Why are you always here?” I groaned as he pushed me aside and sat next to me, “Because I know you’ll always be here on a hot and humid day.” He grinned before turning to Jaehyung, “Hi, Jae.  Do you remember me?” Lu Han asked as Jaehyung nodded his head with glaring eyes, “You’re noona’s manly man.”  He stated as I said his name. “Park Jaehyung…” I stood up and chuckled, “Behave yourself.” I turned to Lu Han, “What did you want?” I asked him before he shrugged, “Surprise me.”  He replied before I walked off to order ice cream.


          “How are you, Jae?” Lu Han asked as Jaehyung narrowed his eyes.  “Fine.”  Lu Han suppressed a laugh and kept himself composed, “That’s good-”

          “Why are you here?”  Jaehyung interrupted.  “Ahh,”  Lu Han started, “I’ll tell you a secret, but you can’t tell anyone, not even your noona, okay?”  Lu Han leaned in before Jaehyung did the same, “What is it?” Jaehyung whispered, ready to hear the secret.  Lu Han brought his finger to his lips while looking to the side to see if Miyoung was coming over yet.  “Okay…” He turned back to Jaehyung, “Jae, will you let me go out with your sister?” He whispered.  “Go out!?” Jaehyung Shrieked.  “SHHH~~” Lu Han hissed, “Yes.  Can I take her out and eat, can I help you protect her from the bad guys?” 

          “Why?” Jaehyung whispered as Lu Han smiled, “Because I like your noona.”  Lu Han leaned in closer, “Soo…will you let me?” he asked again.  Jaehyung narrowed his eyes and placed his hands on the table.  “You have to protect her where ever I will not be at.”  Jaehyung said quietly, “and you have to be nice to her because she’s having a baby.”

          “What!?” Lu Han shouted and moved back.  Jaehyung shushed him, “If you will be nice to her then you can protect her.”  Jaehyung said nodding his head.  Lu Han turned away and stared at Miyoung who was standing at the counter, waiting for her order.  His heart was beating fast against his ribcage.  “She’s having a baby?” He repeated.  Jaehyung leaned back against the seat, “Yeah, we’re going to see the doctors tomorrow.”  He said as he turned his head.  “Noona!”  He waved quickly as Lu Han got his attention again, “Don’t tell your noona, Jaehyung, arraso?" he stated as his heart raced.


          “What are you two whispering about?” I asked as I returned to the table.  Jaehyung covered his mouth adorably and started laughing, “Nothing, noona.”  He said as his eyes twinkled.  “Mhmm…” I sighed and sat down next to Lu Han.  “I don’t know what you like, so I got you an Oreo blizzard.”  I handed him the cup and passed a small chocolate cone to Jaehyung.  “You’re not going to have one?” Lu Han asked me before I shook my head.  I pushed my bangs back, “Aniyo, I’m not really feeling some ice cream right now.  There’s a bubble tea shop across the street, I think I might go get some.”  I stated while looking out the window at the shop.

          Lu Han his lips and stared at my stomach.  “Let’s go then.”  He stated as he got up.  “Let’s go get you some bubble tea.”  He spoke before I beamed, “Assa!”  I chuckled and got out of the table.  “Bubble tea, bubble tea~” I sang as I grabbed onto Jaehyung’s hand.  “Come on, super hero~” I turned around, “Lu Han?”  His eyes slowly made their way up to mines, “Yeah?”  I stared at him as he did the same.  There was something in his eyes that made me feel embarrassed but also secure.  “What?” He asked after he slipped his spoon out of his mouth.

I smile faintly and unconsciously reached my hand out to him.  I scrunched my nose, “Kaja…”


OHHHHMERRGAWWDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS WASN'T THE BEST WAY OF LU HAN FINDING OUT BUT I WANTED JAE TO ACCIDENTALLY SPILL IT AND WHAT NOT.

BUT OMG.

OH HEY!

**This will probably be my last update for 3 weeks. :'(  I have an overnight college orientation for 2 days tomorrow so no time there...and omg, I am sooo scurreddd!!! I don't want to meet new people. OTL It's too scurryy, lol--ugh

&& right after that ends, I'M GOING TO CALIFORRNIAA!!!!! SACRAMENTO, L.A., FRESNO, SAN DEIGO, I'M SOO EXCITEDDD!!

Anyways, yeah, that's it. OH! New Characterrrr!! I almost forgot, Choi Eunae, yO!

I really wanted to reply to your comments about the character but I wanted to have you guys wait. Lol, a lot...A LOT of you guys though it was Lu Han, I mean, I guess...it was either Lu Han or a past love interest. :)) Lol, should've done that, huh? But then Miyoung doens't really talk to guys.. OTL

MM, yeah that's it. teeHee; Give me loveee! && I'll see you all in 3 weeks time. :))

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))