010.

⚜ Tied By A Child

          So what?  Do I want to procrastinate this annoying task until tomorrow, or get it over with?  I asked myself all the way up to the classroom.  “Okay!  Break time!”  Nam Seonsaengnim shouted before I slowed down, waiting for everyone to file out of the room.  “Tomorrow.” I muttered before maneuvering my way around everyone and getting inside the class.  “Seonsaengnim—sorry, I was away…again…” I stated shyly as he patted my head, “Aniyo, it’s fine.  We went through the Chemistry and Physics packet that you finished a while ago.  There’s nothing much for you to do since you’re always ahead of everyone else.”  He stated, “Class starts again in 15.”  He said and disappeared out of the room.

          I sat in my desk, waiting when someone called my name from the door.  I looked up to see Lu Han smiling and waving his hand at me.  “Annyeong,” He skipped and pulled the chair in front of me out and sat down.  “What’s up?  Why have you been skipping, uh!?”  He knuckled my head chuckling.  I kicked his shin, “—AH! You should really try out of the boy soccer team…I’ll put you on forward, with me.”  He smirked.

          “Aishh—” My lip twitched up from his comment.  “Meanie…” I mutter under my breathe.  He only laughed and reached into his jacket pocket to take something out.  “yeah…I’m  a meanie…” He said while unwrapping a Hi! Chew in green apple.  I scowled, “Yah, yah, yah, I’m just kidding—I want some.” I tried grabbing it from his hands but he moved back quickly.  “Say ah~~” He chuckled amused.  I bit my lip before opening my mouth.  “Assa!” He childishly cried before I tasted the deliciousness of it in my mouth.  “You’re going to die…” I murmured.

          I’ve learned to ignore others stares because that’s what Lu Han told me to do. 

          And I guess you can say I might have this little crush on him.  But it’s just very little.  I don’t know why he’s being so nice to me now.  I mean, why not before?  And I’m not complaining…kind of, I’m just wondering…did something happen…or did he just all of a sudden want to hang out with me…and bug me all the time.  This kid…

          “Okay! Break’s over!” We heard Nam Seonsaengnim shout as he came walking down the hall.  Lu Han stood up and placed another candy on my desk, “Here’s another one…because I’m so mean.”  He stuck his tongue out before leaving the room.  I took it, smiling and put it in my pocket. 

          Once the class settled down, Nam Seonsaengnim placed a sheet on the blackboard.  “Here’s the days we’re going to practice.  I could only reserve the pool for 2 days so you guys better work hard, arraso!?” He shouted before the class beamed, “Ne, Seosaengnim!”  It took him a couple minutes to regain the class’ attention.  “Settle down! And welcome the class president up to the front.”  He said looking at a boy in the front.  Usually, class presidents were the first ranked within the homeroom…but because so many people hated me, they voted for the next person in line which didn’t bother me at all.  I didn’t want to deal with other people anyways.

          “The swimming race, there are 2 teams from our class.  The boys and the girls.  You guys voted for Kwon Hyesung for the first wave, and the second wave is Lee Minju,  Xi Huiying, and the final, Park Miyoung…are there any disagreements?” He asked but the class stayed silent.  I sighed, really not wanting to do this. 

          Class 4-A: The Class of Users

          He continued to list off the boys then carried through with the boys’ soccer team and the track teams.  I zoned everything out and stared out into the court yard.  Some underclassmen were playing soccer out on the field.  The sun was high in the sky and the open window let in a soft breeze.  The air smelt fresh and at that moment, I felt “—Miyoung!”  Someone shouted my name from the back of the room.  I straightened and turned around, bowing my head slightly to the person. 

          “Miyoung…can you come up here and solve this problem?” Nam Seonsaengnim asked me before I nodded unaware that we’d already left the sport activities aside and started out math assignment.  “Thank you.” He said as I walked up to the front.   2 more classes and I’m out of here.


[Next day]

          “Miyoung, Nurse Kim wants to speak with you.”

          I nodded my head and left his room.  I walked into her office as she opened a lunch box.  “Here, Miyoung, eat…I made some for you this morning…I thought you should be eating a lot more now that you’re going to have a baby.” She stated as I pulled out the seat and sat with her at her desk.  “Ahh..kamsahamnida.” I bowed and picked up a chopstick.  “Sooo…” She sighed as I started eating.  “Did you tell him yet?” She asked before I coughed, having forgotten the task that I was supposed to do.

          I chuckled nervously, “Ahh…I-I’m going to do that…soon—after school…before the weekend…” I muttered before stuffing my mouth.  She tsked, “—yahh, Park Miyoung…you only have 5 hours left now—”

          “If I tell him before school ends, will you give me a pass home so I don’t have to see him until next week?  I’m already caught up in everything, and even if I’m missing out on a lot of school the board’s not going to not let me graduate, I have the best marks in the school.” I negotiated.  “Please, please—” I begged as she raised a brow, “Is this because you want to get it over with, or you just want to go home?” She asked me suspiciously.  I grinned, “Both!”  I chuckled softly and ate one of the kimbaps she made me.

          “Fine then…” She shook her head, “I’m going to the teacher’s lounge for a bit.  I have to tell Nam Seonsangnim and feed him his lunch.”  She blushed as I laughed, “How old are you guys!” I leaned back against the chair as she scowled, “Hurry and eat, Miyoung!  Make sure you finish everything.” She scolded before I puffed my bangs to the side, “Ne! Arraso!”  She left me in her office alone.

          A few minutes the door slid open again.  I was about to say something to her when I turned but froze when my eyes met his.  My stomach did flips and my heart fluttered.  No.  Sehun was covering his nose, “Where’s Nurse Kim?” He asked quickly before I got up and walked over when I spotted blood.  “She’s eating lunch—what did you do?” I asked quickly, lifting my hands up.  He shrugged me away before I even touched him.  “I don’t need your help.” He muttered while lifting his head back.

          Stubborn bastard.  I looked down at my flat stomach, I hope you’re not going to be like him.  “Fine, bleed then…Oh! And unless you want to choke on your own blood,” I glared at him, “Don’t lean your head backwards.” I spat and turned around to walk back to the chair.  He scowled behind me before groaning, “Fine! Help me!”  He shouted before I turned around.  I grabbed one of the towels on the shelf and handed it to him while walking over to the sink.  “Here, wipe your hands.”  I stated softly before pinching his nose and telling him to lean his head forward.

          “Soccer?” I muttered before he nodded.  I suppressed a laugh, but couldn’t hide a smile.  “Why do you still play if you know you’re going to bleed like this?” I muttered to myself before I heard him answer, “You won’t understand…”  He responded softly.  I sighed, “I’m not letting this ba-”  I stopped myself mid-sentence when I knew what I was going to say.  “-Ahh…” I let go of his nose, “It’s-it stopped…” I murmured and left him to wash my hands at the sink.  He walked up to the faucet next to me and started washing his face.

          Here’s your chance.

          “Hey…Sehun…?” I said barely audible.  “Hmmm…”  He hummed as he wiped his face on a clean towel.  “You know—that one night…”  I dragged myself out, really not wanting to tell him anything—what so ever.  “That night we had ?” He blunted stated before my cheeks heated up.  “Ye-yeahh…” I whispered.

          My heart was beating a million times a second.  My palms were sweating and my breathing was increasing.  He turned to me, “What about it—I mean, it was just a one night thing, so I hope you’re not getting any ideas because…” his eyes rolled up and down, looking at my appearance, “I wouldn’t want to do it again especially with you-” he scoffed coolly.

          Suddenly, anger boiled up inside me.

          “—I’m pregnant, but you know what.  I don’t need you.  This baby doesn’t need you.  You’re just a spoiled brat anyways.  And I know you’re the father, because that night you took my ity, you bastard!” I spat, “I’m not looking for pity or money, and I don’t want anything to do with you.  I’m just devastated that this child’s father is an immature, ignorant jerk.”  I was out of breath by the time I finished.

          The door opened just in time.  “Sehun!?” Nurse Kim gasped as I turned around, “Write me the slip! I’m leaving!” I said quickly as she furrowed her brows.  “You did—”  “-yes, yes, yes, I did.  Now hurry because I reallllyyyy want to leave now.” I said quickly while looking back at a speechless Sehun.  She quickly wrote me an excuse and I ran out of the room, up the stairs, grabbed my belongings and left the school, needing time to recover from what just happened.


          Nurse Kim leaned against the counter, her arms crossed over her chest as she waited for Sehun to come back to reality.  After a few minutes, she called his name.  “Oh Sehun!” She shouted before he flinched and his head shot up.  “Wh-what?” He asked quietly as she signaled him to be seated.  He obeyed.  “You knew..?” His voice came in a croak.  Nurse Kim nodded, “Yes, Sehun, I knew.  I was the one who gave her a deadline to tell you.”  She stated calmly.  “What did she tell you?”  She asked, closing her hands together.

          “Ahh, that she doesn’t want anything to do with me.”  He stated, “but it’s okay.  I really don’t want to do anything with her too.”  He stood up, “I actually feel…fine about this all.  As long as she doesn’t ask for then I’m off the hook.”  He grinned, “Hm.  I’m leaving—” Sehun said cutting their talk short.  “I’ll see you later.” He said as he left the room. 

          When Miyoung stated her situation, he was a bit afraid, thinking that she’ll ask for money or blackmail him with it, but when she erupted in her anger, he was kind of relieved.  At least he wouldn’t have to deal with her or any other baby matters.  He pushed her and everything to the back of his mind, knowing she'll disappear in a while.

“Hi baby!” Soojung sang and flung her arms around Sehun.   “How’s your nose?” She giggled and kissed the tip of it.  Sehun grinned, “It’s fine now.”  He answered, hugging her thin waist.  “Your house later?” He whispered to her as her eyes twinkled and a smile appeared across her face, “Ne…oppa.” She whispered, her breathe teasing him.


          “Miyoung!  Someone’s here to see you!” My mother shouted from downstairs.  I groaned and forced myself out of bed.  I looked at the mirror once and left my room.  “Who is—” I froze.  The person smiled widely with hands waving crazily in the air.  “PARK MIYOUNG~~~!!! I’M BACK!”


GO!

COMMENT!

ON YOUR THOUGHTS!

LOL.

pmsl, Sehun's an , isn't he? OTL, I'm sorry.

Comment and Subscribe!?

--miyoung:))