Troubled & Hurt

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Somehow I'm always faster at writing when it comes to angst (or the sushi I ate gave me special powers...).
Thanks for subscribing to the newcomers~ <3
Although only 1/10 writes comments, I feel incredibly happy because in theory 100+ people actually read this story. Amazing ! <3

You want to know something funny? No? I created a new word from 'hurried' and 'corridor' - curriedor. Even I don't know what it is, but I wrote it.

Enjoy~
 

 

[SUNGGYU]

 

Sunggyu was waiting for a reply from Dongwoo. He stared at the green grass in front of him with a blank face. Normally his friend would answer pretty fast, but now he seemed to take forever. With each passing minute, he became more and more anxious. Maybe he shouldn’t have trusted Woohyun. It had been their first time outside with only the two of them and the outcome was hardly pleasing. The other had already broken three rules in one day, not exactly a good start. Sunggyu sighed. He tried to hate Woohyun for leaving him on his own. He wanted to blame the younger man for his current condition, but it wasn’t Woohyun’s fault that he was so weak. Maybe he should be thankful that Woohyun had even tried to abide by the rules. The assistant had normal friends that he cared about. Sunggyu couldn’t tell him to stay by his side while his friend was at the hospital. He would drop everything too if Dongwoo got into an accident. At least he would try to, because rushing to the hospital on his own wasn’t in his area of expertise. Sunggyu felt betrayed and alone, but he couldn’t truly hate the younger. His low self-confidence forced him to think that the fault must be on his side and that he only got what he deserved.

 

He looked at his phone again, but there was no new message from Dongwoo. Tears welled up in his eyes. Sunggyu fought them back, while his shaky fingers typed a text to Howon. Those two were always together. One of them should answer the damn phone.

 

Howon, please respond. Are you with Dongwoo? I’m at the park. Can you come? Please?

      - Sunggyu

 

The brown-haired man stared at the display with watery eyes. Answer. Answer. Why won’t you answer! Sunggyu threw his phone on the blanket. He looked up and checked the surroundings. There was no sign of Dongwoo or Howon. It calmed him slightly that no one in the park really paid attention to him. He rested his forehead on his knees again and closed his eyes. Sunggyu thought about good things like his bed or his favorite TV show as he tried to block out the negative thoughts.

 

“Mister, are you alright?”

 

He lifted his head slightly. Two boys were standing in front of him. The older one seemed to be around sixteen and the small kid next to him held his hand tightly, while he watched Sunggyu with big eyes. Sunggyu stared at the older boy. He looked like a younger version of Sunggyu with his small eyes and chubby cheeks. Even his hair resembled his old hairstyle. The brown-haired man couldn’t avert his eyes. It felt like looking at himself in a mirror.

 

He had been around his age when the incident happened.

 

“Are you crying?” The small boy asked, but Sunggyu didn’t look at him. “Hyung, what’s wrong with him?”

 

The taller one hit the kid on the head. “Don’t be rude, Hyuk. I’m sorry, mister. Can I help you somehow? Should I call someone?”

 

Sunggyu saw him move his mouth, but the words didn’t reach him. He winced when someone suddenly touched his upper arm. He pushed the person away with all his strength and jumped up. Sunggyu looked at the person that had touched him. The small kid was on the ground now, his face contorted with pain. Sunggyu wanted to say that he was sorry, but he couldn't. He would never hurt a kid on purpose, but the sudden touch had frightened him. The older boy ran to his side and laid an arm around his brother’s shoulder. He gave Sunggyu an angry look.

 

“He only wanted to comfort you! How can you push a child like that?”

 

The younger boy started crying and screaming. “Mommy! Daddy!”

 

His brother tried to calm him down, but the kid kept on screaming for his parents. Sunggyu covered his ears because the sound stabbed him like a knife. He struggled for breath as the pain in his chest worsened. He had to get away from the child. The brown-haired man did his best to block out the emerging memories. Sunggyu suddenly grabbed the blanket and the basket and escaped quickly. The older boy shouted something at him, but Sunggyu kept on running. He didn’t know if he was going in the right direction. He only wanted to get away.

 

 

 

Sunggyu stumbled over a curbside and fell to the ground. He scraped his elbows and hissed in pain. He sat up slowly to check his injuries. There was a bit of blood on both of his elbows, but his knees seemed fine. Sunggyu looked at his surroundings. He didn’t recognize the area, but at least there were no other people around. The brown-haired man wiped a tear away and crawled towards the basket. He took his phone out of it. He had been wise enough to throw it inside the basket when he escaped. Sunggyu wasn’t sure if he should cry or feel relieved when he saw a text from Dongwoo. He took a deep breath to calm his heartbeat.

 

I’m on my way! Stay where you are! Howon is coming as well! Please hang in there!

  - Dongwoo

 

Too late Dongwoo…I have no idea where I am. There were two messages from Howon as well. Sunggyu noticed that the last one had been sent to his phone just a minute ago.

 

Woohyun left you alone? I’m going to kill that bastard!

   - Howon

 

Hyung, we’re at the park.
Where are you?

   - Howon

 

He cursed his luck. They had missed each other at the park. Sunggyu sighed and wrote a quick reply.

 

I don’t know where I am right now.
Something happened and I ran away.
I want to go home, Howon.

       - Sunggyu

 

The answer from his friend came almost immediately.

 

Turn on the GPS! We will find you. Stay somewhere safe and wait for us.

      - Howon

 

Is there even a safe place? Sunggyu searched his phone for the GPS. He suddenly thought that he should have read the damn manual back then, because it took him nearly ten minutes to find the feature. Sunggyu turned the GPS on and waited. Dongwoo spammed him with emoticons every 10 seconds while they followed the signal. The constant spam distracted the man from any disturbing thoughts. Sunggyu smiled weakly.

 

“HYYYYUUUUUNGGG!!!!”

 

He looked up from his phone and saw the blond man running towards him. Dongwoo stopped in front of Sunggyu and stretched out his arms - his way of asking if Sunggyu needed a hug. The older man got up and put his arms around Dongwoo. The hug lasted for about half a minute before Sunggyu broke away. Howon arrived as well, but unlike his boyfriend he was panting very hard.

 

“Woo! How can you run so fast while typing messages?”

 

Dongwoo grinned at him. “Blame my dancing skills.”

 

Howon turned around to Sunggyu. “Are you okay?”

 

His friend examined Sunggyu’s elbows. “He’s obviously not okay, Hoya!”

 

Only Dongwoo called the younger man by that name. Sunggyu was allowed to use it as well, but names were not so important in sign language. He was used to calling him Howon anyway.

 

“Control your motherly instinct! I was asking Sunggyu-hyung and not you!”

 

“Ignore that stupid hobo. How did this happen? We need to disinfect it.”

 

Sunggyu sighed. ‘Don’t fight. I fell down on my way.’

 

Howon frowned. “Where is that jerk? I will skin him alive.”

 

The blond man gasped when his boyfriend took out a knife from his bag. “Hobear, I told you to leave the knife in the kitchen! Put it away before someone sees you! I’m sorry, Sunggyu-hyung, his mood is not the best today – for several reasons.”

 

The older man smiled. ‘Thanks, both of you. Can we go home now?’

 

“Okay, but we want to hear the whole story on the way. My car is just a block away, let’s go.” Howon said and S

Please log in to read the full chapter