Everyone knows there is a sequel so why?

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

This is not an update <- haha, who would have thought xD (there’s a sequel after all. Why would I update this one!)

I really wanted to somehow let everyone know of my thoughts on everything. Like, in general how much readers I have gained and how much support you guys give me. I actually wanted to do it on my anniversary, but then this “featured story” happened TT  and there was also the nomination in 2!! categories for the AFF awards (and the ‘best new author’ nomination ;;A;;). So I just thought “why not now” and I shall just push my fics to page 1 of woogyu too XD

If you don’t want to read my rant, you can skip this emotional piece of sometimes greasy xd

Last warning!



Soo~ I started getting into Sunggyu through a radio show at the end of 2012, since he was promoting his solo and I really couldn’t stop stopping and listening whenever his songs were played. His voice drew me in, k? ;; So then I got into Infinite and that giant black hole in end 2012/early 2013 through countless YT video 24hours marathons and listening to their group albums too. Now I love all seven of them, but there’s a couple I love the most in this (call me delulu, but I only ship them on a fantasy/fictional kind of level. I know what reality is and no matter who they love, even if I tweet crap and rant, I still love them xd just to make this clear <3 I love the boys!) and that couple is: WOOGYU! WoohyunxSunggyu, ladies and gentlemen!

 



At the beginning I only read on AFF, even without an account. I did not subscribe or comment – how to do it without logging in. I was one of you, silent readers, I just shamelessly read every Woogyu fic I found, later on tumblr and other sites. I read them all. There is almost no woogyu fic I didn’t read and never commented. Months later, close to Sunggyu’s birthday, I realized it was kind of unfair und I like to voice out my thoughts too. Like telling the author which kind of paragraph I really loved. I also love hearing that from you reader-nims <3 I love to hear someone mention a small joke I made or someone analyzing the deep meanings behind some things I wrote (but don’t get lost haha).
I’m originally a writer by the way :3 I used to write a lot in German, even poems and stuff. I put that online on reading platforms too, but I never got a lot of comments or attention. The reason is almost logical: they were fantasy original works without any idols or movie characters or book relation. They had original characters, worlds and all that . I really love writing and aspired to be a writer in the past, before I noticed that it’s just a stupid dream in the end. Don’t try to encourage me! I work in the industry or you could say I WILL, since I’m not finished with my studies yet. But I know a lot about publishing books after 6 years of apprenticeship and then college!
Since my English isn’t that bad, I thought I could like try it in English and with fics about famous idols – like woogyu. I’m not lying, such a dirty and shameful objective got me writing my first One-Shot – it was an original work from me too. I had written it in German but barely gained attention. I wanted to make an experiment, I wanted readers, I wanted to be seen – I changed the names and all and made it into: My white Lily (woogyu version!).
I uploaded it on Sunggyu’s birthday, disguising it a s a birthday present (it was one, okay? ><) and then bitterly waiting for something to happen. You don’t know how much strength the little amount of comments gave me. I realized that a bigger community and a more “recent” topic will get you more attention. I started translating the story I had planned and started in German and later on finished it in English (never bothered to translate it to German to make it complete…). Seeing people liking my writing and the ideas I had was the best for me.

 



I’m not really a confident person, so I always doubt what I do, especially in writing. I want to write things people will like and I HAVE to see that people like it or I will enter an endless spiral of “no one likes my fic” and stop writing. I have abandoned a lot of fics over the years (I started writing as a kid…maybe 12?) and I had even a whole book series for like 8 books or so completely planned out – well, not completely just the storyline for all the books XD I tried restarting it once but omg I think I didn’t know what a paragraph was back then OTL.
I think a lot of authors feel the same. So don’t stay sil

Please log in to read the full chapter