Future & Past

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

I know - I should've updated yesterday. Well (like always I can say my twitter followers know the reason why I didn't) I didn't feel too well yesterday and somehow I'm developing a cold right now x_x my health is being pretty unfair to me lately.
To top it all off, my router had problems yesterday and I was without internet in the evening until this morning. There's a possiblity that my router will crash again and then I would be without internet for a few days - because only my dad can fix this lol. If something happens, I will tell you though ;A;

Thanks again to the new subscribers (I'm still getting more with each update T-T *happy* *waves at the new faces*) and thanks for the upvotes. I set an invisible goal of 100 upvotes, before I'm done with the story - because humans can dream haha!

Mix Sunggyu-Woohyun ahead :3 and the party will be finished (finally)!

PS: I said I would put a warning at the beginning starting now XD "Attention, extreme cuteness ahead. If you're allergic to overly sweet and cute scenes, you should close the tab this instant or keep a pillow close by that you can hit!"

 


 

[SUNGGYU]

 

Sunggyu didn’t know what was worse: meeting his old band member or his mother finding out about the picture. She seemed to be very angry about it. In theory, they had done nothing wrong since the picture had been taken when they weren’t a couple yet. His confession was barely a few minutes old. Sunggyu hadn’t expected to face his mother so soon. Sure, she needed to know the truth, but things were happening too fast for his liking right now. His mind was still a mess from the confession and Yonghwa’s appearance - not to mention that they were still at a party full of strangers and all of them could see the picture. Sunggyu had mixed feelings about it. He didn’t like other people looking at it, but he couldn’t find anything bad about the photo. Woohyun was perfect like always, though what surprised him the most, was his own appearance. Sunggyu didn’t know if it was the result of an image editing program, but it was the first time that he thought ‘I look good’. Not exceptionally handsome, but good. They looked good together.

 

Woohyun gave him a quick glance, before he stood up. “W-Well, Suho took it, when we were at the aquarium. We knew he had taken pictures of us, but not that he was going to exhibit them.”

 

“Please don’t state the obvious, Woohyun.” She crossed her arms.

 

The black-haired man gulped. “I didn’t want to lose sight of him in the crowd, so we held hands. I-“

 

Mrs. Kim sighed. “Woohyun, let’s not beat around the bush. Do you have something you want to tell me? Both of you?”

 

Sunggyu glanced at his father for help, but the older man simply shrugged with a small smile. What does that mean? Do you think we should tell her? He didn’t want his mother to get angry at Woohyun. Sunggyu was sure that being with Woohyun was the right decision, but would she understand that? Woohyun was the reason that Sunggyu could feel happiness again and the reason Sunggyu believed that he could shake off the chains from his past. He felt more normal with Woohyun, like he was actually worth something and not just a waste of space. He made him believe in love again, though his belief in humanity was still shaken. By a twist of fate Woohyun was a man and not a woman, but it was not Woohyun’s fault that Jaehwa had assaulted him. It didn’t mean that he would do the same just because he was a man as well.

 

Woohyun his lips nervously. “We…uh…are…”

 

He let out a sigh and stood up as well, immediately drawing everyone’s attention to him. Sunggyu played with his fingers for a moment, but then he decided that the truth was probably the best way to go. ‘We are together.’

 

The black-haired man glanced at him with wide eyes. Of course his father was surprised as well. Woohyun cleared his throat. “Yeah…that was exactly what I wanted to say.”

 

Her face showed no reaction. “How long has this been going on behind my back?”

 

“Maybe about ten or twenty minutes?” He scratched the back of his neck with an anxious smile on his lips.

 

She snorted. “Are you joking now?”

 

‘He’s not joking. Mom, please, we would have told you later.’

 

“Later! Sunggyu, he is a man! You can’t be together. What about your trauma?”

 

He grimaced. ‘Don’t remind me about it.’

 

“How do you expect this to work?”

 

‘He will help me. It will work out.’ At least he hoped that it would work out. Sunggyu wasn’t sure about it at all.

 

Sunggyu’s father put an arm around her again. “Honey, it’s Sunggyu’s decision. If he wants to be with a man, we should support him.”

 

Woohyun looked around awkwardly. “I-I won’t hurt him, Mrs. Kim. I…I know what happened back then and I will never let that happen again. It must be hard to accept a man after everything, but-“

 

“Do you love him?” She asked, still with an expressionless face.

 

The black-haired man blinked and Sunggyu stared at him expectantly. Woohyun met his gaze and smiled. “I do.”

 

Sunggyu returned the smile shyly. He wanted his mother to accept their relationship, even if it was doomed to failure. Mrs. Kim sighed. “Baby?”

 

He took a step forward and grabbed Woohyun’s hand. Sunggyu put their connected hands over his heart and looked at his mother. ‘I trust him more than anyone else.’

 

She sighed again. Sunggyu could see that she was fighting her own battle inside. Her only ‘experience’ with gay men was the of her son, though Sunggyu didn’t know if Jaehwa had been gay or not. He didn’t know why he had done the things that he had done - and he didn’t want to think about it - but surely it hadn’t happened out of love. Woohyun always looked at him with care and his touches were filled with love - not lust. He couldn’t explain his strong trust in the other to his mother, because Sunggyu couldn’t even understand it himself. So the brown-haired man could only try and show her the strong bond between them - that this was true, not fake. Hopefully, she would be able to see how comfortable they were around each other.

 

“Nam Woohyun.” She looked at the black-haired man with teary eyes. “I don’t know which spell you’ve cast upon my son or which other tricks you’ve used to get this close to him-“

 

Woohyun looked taken aback. “Mrs. Kim, I-“

 

Sunggyu’s mother closed the distance between them in the blink of an eye and grasped his suit with her hands. A tear rolled down her cheeks, as she lowered her head. “-but please continue with it. I’ve always wanted him to find someone, who could heal his wounds and make him happy again. I don’t know why it has to be a man. I don’t know why it has to be you! I wish I could have done it myself. If you love each other, there’s nothing I can do, but if you ever, ever, break his heart, I won’t forgive you. I love him more than anyone else in the world, Woohyun, because he is my only son and nothing can rival a mother’s love. You may be the closest to his heart, but he’s the closest to mine. So don’t even think about ever breaking his heart. Just continue with what you’re doing right now and make him happy. In return, I will try my hardest too. This is a promise, okay? You’d better not break it, Nam Woohyun.”

 

He watched his mother with teary eyes. Sunggyu knew how much she loved him. It hurt to see her cry like this for her son, to see her beg for his happiness. But more than anything he was happy because she seemed to accept their still fresh relationship. Sunggyu put a hand on her back and it slowly.

 

Woohyun smiled at him lovingly and Sunggyu tried not to blush. “It’s a promise, Mrs. Kim.”

 

“Mrs. Kim sounds a bit awkward, now that you’re dating my son. Just call me mother.” She said and took a step back again. Sunggyu could see the traces of tears on her cheeks.

 

The black-haired man pursed his lips. Sunggyu’s mother glanced at Woohyun. “What? You don’t want to?”

 

“No, it’s just…I’ve never had anyone to call mother. It’s weird to use it now…” Sunggyu squeezed his hand, which was still pressed against his chest.

 

“It’s okay, Woohyun, you are more or less a family member already. I know I’m probably not the best example of a mother-“

 

“No! You’re perfect! Well, maybe a bit scary sometimes, but I’ve always envied people with caring parents.”

 

She gave him an awkward hug and patted his back. “I’m sorry, Woohyun. I’m sure your mother would be very proud of you.”

 

Tears welled up in Woohyun’s eyes and Sunggyu watched the scene silently. He was happy that the wall between the two seemed to crumble. Woohyun had never known motherly love, so the younger man was probably more than moved by her actions.

 

Sunggyu’s father chuckled quietly. “My family is full of crybabies.”

 

Mrs. Kim separated from Woohyun and looked at her husband. “You’re the biggest crybaby, darling. Don’t you have anything to tell Woohyun by the way?”

 

He tilted his head to the side. “You mean the part where I threaten to cut off his balls and then hang him inside out from a telephone pole...or the part where I tell him to treat my son right and call me father?”

 

Sunggyu laughed silently. He was thankful that god had given him caring parents like them. He wouldn’t trade them for anyone else, even if his mother could be complicated at times. A growling stomach broke the warm atmosphere. Sunggyu was scared it was his stomach, but then Woohyun laughed awkwardly. “I was so nervous that I couldn’t eat anything at home.”

 

“There’s a buffet inside. Let’s go and grab something to eat. I would say we should get drunk to celebrate this occasion, but I need to drive and Sunggyu doesn’t drink alcohol. Maybe we can make a toast with some orange juice, like true men.” Mr. Kim said and put an arm around Woohyun to drag the younger inside. “I really think we should have another man to man talk today, Woohyun. Don’t you think so? Now that you’re dating my son after all.”

 

The younger man swallowed and glanced at Sunggyu. He gave Woohyun a nod to sign that he was supposed to go first. His fa

Please log in to read the full chapter