Party Preparations

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

It's still monday in Europe, so I'm not really late ;_; *defending myself* No, sorry, I had to do a few things today. The first day after a vacation is always a little hectic.
Here is the promised update. It's probably full of mistakes, since I'm really REALLY tired, but when aren't they? lol! But rejoice, someone is finally correcting the old chapters! (I'm not using enough commas, so I will start spamming them lol)

Thanks a lot to the new subscribers (welcome to my little corner where I talk to myself) and thanks for the upvotes (gosh...63 is a lot ;_; ! i can't put my thankfulness into words!) !!

It's not the party yet, but you could say we are at the party at the end of the chapter *slow author always takes her time* see u below!

PS: I will reply to the rest of the comments tomorrow morning *going to sleep* :3
 

 

[WOOHYUN]

 

Woohyun wasn’t mad. At least that was what he kept telling himself while working. He was actually quite happy about the suit. Who would give an expensive suit as a present to a friend? Maybe rich people had hobbies like that, but Woohyun doubted it. How could he be mad, when Sunggyu tried so hard to help him? He was surprised and a little worried that the elder wanted to go to the party. The intention was obvious to him: Sunggyu wanted him to reach his dream faster. Woohyun was a little angry at first, because he didn’t want to get any pity, just because he was poor, but the younger man understood eventually that Sunggyu didn’t help him out of pity. He was not the type to brag about his money. Besides, the brown-haired man disliked pity himself, so he wouldn’t use it on others. Woohyun hoped that Sunggyu helped him out of love. One would give only his or her lover an expensive present or support them with their dreams like that.

 

He wanted to see more sides of the older man. Sunggyu in his formal attire was definitely a sight. Woohyun had barely managed to hold himself back from uttering the cheesy things on his mind back then, especially since the whole thing at the tailor had felt like a preparation for marriage. He liked it so much, but he wanted to see Rocker-Sunggyu and Doctor-Sunggyu as well. The pictures had been stuck in his imagination since their little talk back then. But nevertheless Woohyun actually enjoyed casual Sunggyu the most, because that was the Kim Sunggyu he knew and loved.

 

Sunggyu’s parents had been strangely nice to him during their meeting. Of course Mr. Kim was nice too him almost all the time, but Woohyun was always a little careful around his wife. Mrs. Kim had obviously tried to treat him better. He was happy about that, naturally, but it made him cautious too. Standing in the same room as her, seemed like walking through a path that was plastered with landmines. One wrong step could literally end his life, because losing Sunggyu seemed equal to losing his life. At least now he had gotten an apology from her about their first clash. Woohyun was not one to hold grudges, but he didn’t like people looking down on him because he was poor. It was good to know that she wasn’t judging him because of it.

 

Her nicer behavior was probably thanks to Sunggyu. Woohyun didn’t know what exactly was going on behind the scenes, but he was proud of the brown-haired man nonetheless. He knew that the other was trying to change. Sunggyu kept challenging himself to things he had avoided all these years.

 

Woohyun wanted to be there for him to help him and protect him from any harm that may come along the way. One of the harms was probably Hyuna.

 

He scowled and threw the raw fish on the table more harshly than necessary. He cut it into pieces with a sour face. Woohyun didn’t want her to come to the opening ceremony. Hyuna was someone he had only met once, but even without Sunggyu’s warning he was sure that his feelings would be the same. She treated the older man nice in front of his parents, but Woohyun could feel that something wasn’t right and her obvious flirting with him bothered Woohyun. It was better than seeing her flirt with Sunggyu of course. Woohyun didn’t want to see other people flirting with his crush. He liked to see a jealous Sunggyu of course, but how could he enjoy it while the brown-haired man was suffering? He didn’t want Sunggyu to lose any more confidence than he already had. Woohyun just knew that he would probably give up and distance himself if he saw someone better than him by Woohyun’s side. That would be typical for Kim Sunggyu. The black-haired man wanted to improve his low self-esteem, but there was no definite cure for it. Maybe his confidence would return with his voice.

 

The older man had promised him to practice using his voice, though Woohyun wasn’t sure if he would really do it. He wanted to be by his side to help him, because he was the only one, who knew about the reason, why Sunggyu had lost his voice, but he had to work. Woohyun frowned and shot a glare at the dead fish on his table. It wasn’t the fish’s fault, but there was no one else he could have stared at. He tried to think of more positive things, but imagining them only made his suffering worse. Woohyun imagined coming home and being greeted by Sunggyu’s angelic “Welcome home!” and “Baby, you’ve worked hard. Let me help you relax”. Imagining something that seemed so far away definitely made it worse. Ugh, I hate working. Time pass quickly!

 

 

 

When he returned home there was no Sunggyu to greet him - it would’ve been weird if he were. Woohyun dropped his exhausted body on the couch with a groan. He had managed to get a day of vacation from the owner for the day of the party, but what else would he need to prepare? Sunggyu had taken care of his suit, but was that all he needed?

 

He grabbed a pillow and pressed it to his face. “And that will be there too! He’ll make fun of me if I do anything wrong! He pisses me off!”

 

“If you’re going to suffocate yourself, please write a will first.”

 

Woohyun sat up and threw the pillow in Myungsoo’s direction. “You’re not getting a cent of my money!”

 

“Are you stupid? I’m getting almost all of it already, since you’re paying for my tuition, food and other expenses. It’s basically my bank account.” The younger retorted, while dodging the item with a swift move.

 

He chuckled. “Who are you devil and what have you done to my innocent baby brother?”

 

Myungsoo smirked and sat down next to him. “Well, who is that whiny wuss on my couch and what has he done to my lovely older brother?”

 

“I’m not whiny! I’m just tired from working.”

 

“Didn’t you have a meeting with Sunggyu-hyung? Normally you are all hyperactive afterwards. Who is that that pisses you off?”

 

Woohyun leaned his head back. “Just some stalker guy that keeps appearing whenever I’m with Sunggyu and he always takes pictures of him without asking for permission. He thinks he’s so frigging great, because he has the fame and the money to support his self-confidence. I hate his type.”

 

“You just need to get famous and rich too and then you can buy his self-confidence and throw it into a trash can.” Myungsoo replied with a smile.

 

He sighed. “Do you really think I will make it that far? Sunggyu seems to think that as well.”

 

“No, but I thought you would prefer to hear nice words over the harsh truth. Right now you have nothing - we are nothing. So people can trample all over us, but I guess an optimist would believe that we can become someone greater in the future. You can sing pretty well and maybe you will make it, but there are thousands of people in this country who want to become musicians. I wouldn’t bet on it.”  The younger boy stared at a distant point with his usual blank face.

 

Woohyun nudged him against the shoulder. “My little pessimist. Thank you.”

 

“What are you even thanking me for? I just said I don’t think you will make it.”

 

He laughed. “It’s okay, Soo. I know you’re my biggest supporter after Gyu-hyung.”

 

Myungsoo raised an eyebrow. “Since when am I number two?”

 

Woohyun grinned. “Caught you! You didn’t deny that you’re my fan!”

 

“What a child. What did I ever like about you?” The younger brother rolled his eyes.

 

“I’m not a child! I even own a suit now! A real, expensive suit. Only adults have suits.”

 

“Woohyun-hyung, there are suits for children too. It doesn’t make you an adult if your mental age is still below 10. Why did you buy a suit anyway?”

 

He frowned. “I didn’t buy it. It was a present from Sunggyu, because we are going to the party of that creepy stalker guy.”

 

“You’re going to the party of his stalker?”

 

“Well he’s a pretty famous photographer and he will open an exhibition next week. He invited us and there will be a lot of other famous people. I could make a few connections and maybe get lucky. We can just avoid that creep for the whole evening.” Woohyun folded his arms.

 

 “Somehow I doubt, it’s going to be as easy as that. I hope you won’t mess up, dear brother. It will probably be hard for Sunggyu-hyung at the party.”

 

The black-haired man pouted slightly. “I know that! I won’t disappoint hyung or his parents. This is my chance, Soo.”

 

Myungsoo hummed and stood up again. “Just don’t forget to take care of yourself too. If you stress yourself out too much, you won’t be able to do your best. I don’t want you to come crawling back to me afterwards. I’m already moving on after all.”

 

Woohyun laughed and jumped up from the couch to give Myungsoo a back hug. “Don’t worry, I won’t do that! But still no with Sungyeol for you, got that?”

 

“God, hyung, I hope you get laid soon.”

 

 

 

 

 

 [SUNGGYU]

 

The weekend passed too quickly for his liking. Woohyun and he couldn’t find any time to meet again. His mother was busy preparing whatever she could for the party. Sunggyu avoided her every day, not because he was mad at her, but her constant talking about the opening ceremony made him even more nervous. He couldn’t stand being around her, while she listed all the things they had to do or people she would like to introduce them to. Sunggyu spent most of his time in his room. He was slowly regretting his decision to go to

Please log in to read the full chapter