Different pains

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

Thanks to the new subscribers <3 you're all perfect and lovely! The comments really help me a lot Q.Q (and they tempt me to forget about my exams lol)
My exams on monday and today were okay. Only god knows if I've passed them. Pray for me 〜( ̄△ ̄〜)

Here's the promised update (100% Woohyun centric). I don't know if I can finish another chapter today, but I will try D: my next exam is English, so I can probably count this as exam preparation haha :D
 

 

[WOOHYUN]

 

Woohyun drove the car back to Dongwoo’s apartment. Despite the incident at the park he felt like the date had been a success. He hated that tutor so freaking much, but even before meeting him Sunggyu’s life had been a hard one. Life in the orphanage had never been perfect for Woohyun, but at least he had some friends by his side and Myungsoo, who was like a brother to him. The caretakers had been nice as well, at least some of them. But when Sunggyu’s band disbanded and Dongwoo had to repeat a year Sunggyu had been all alone with his problems. Maybe that had been the start of his low self-esteem. The one thing he was really good at was something he shouldn’t do and the things his parents wanted him to do pressured him too much. Woohyun never had parents to tell him what to do, but he knew that Myungsoo’s opinion as his only family was very important to him. He could only imagine the bond between a child and his parents. He wondered if he would’ve given up like Sunggyu, but he didn’t know.

 

Maybe music was the right way to start the healing process of Sunggyu’s wounds, since it seemed to be something that had meant a lot to the older man in the past. But Woohyun had no idea why Sunggyu was scared of music now. He didn’t think that it had something to do with the events in his last year of middle school. A disbandment was surely not enough to make someone afraid of music. Maybe it had to do with the tutor... Had been a musician too? Did it have to do with Sunggyu’s fear of getting touched?

 

Woohyun sighed and hit his forehead against the steering wheel. He parked the car on a free spot and turned off the lights before stepping outside. He saw that the lights in Dongwoo’s apartment were still on, so he decided to go upstairs to hand the keys back to Howon. They were both living together in an apartment that was relatively similar to Woohyun’s. The two men had the same money problems as Woohyun. Both of them were working part-time, but the expenses for Howon’s college fee, the car, groceries and the apartment ate up all of their money each month. Dongwoo had told him that he was planning on working full-time soon, since Sunggyu didn’t need him as often as before.

 

He took the stairs to clear his head. He hoped that Sunggyu had more pleasant dreams right now. The older man was probably sleeping soundly after the eventful day. Woohyun stopped in front of their apartment when he heard loud voices from the inside.

 

“Yah, Lee Howon! Put it all in!”

 

“It doesn’t fit. It’s already filled to the brim. This is such a mess!”

 

“Finally! Move it, Hoya! Faster!”

 

“I’m already using the fastest pace! You want it to break?!”

 

“No! I don’t want juices all over me!”

 

Woohyun stared at the wooden door with a shocked expression. How can they be so loud while… He gulped and pondered about throwing the key in the mailbox instead. He shouldn’t interrupt their session. Their conversation made him blush and Woohyun wasn’t sure if he wanted to know what exactly they were doing inside. It sounded like they were going at each other like animals and it didn’t help that a weird electronic noise could be heard.

 

The noise stopped. “Oh god, let me taste it! Take it out!”

 

“Do it yourself, Woo. I’m exhausted.”

 

Woohyun didn’t know why, but he chose to press the doorbell. He mentally prepared himself for any disturbing images to come when feet shuffled closer to the door. A key was the inside and then Dongwoo pushed the door open. The first thing Woohyun noticed was that he was fully clothed and he kind of smelled like pineapples.

 

“Oh! Hello, Woohyun! It’s late, have you been outside with Gyu for this long?” Dongwoo seemed perfectly fine. There was not even a drop of sweat on his skin.

 

Woohyun cleared his throat and pushed all erted thoughts aside. He smiled. “I hope I’m not disturbing you two. Sunggyu and I went to the park after the aquarium and we kind of lost track of time. I saw that the lights were on so I thought-“

 

Dongwoo grabbed his arm. “Come inside, Woohyun. You need to tell me everything and by the way, we have created a new special for our fitness menu. You need to taste it. It’s really healthy!”

 

Woohyun coughed awkwardly while his body was dragged towards the kitchen. Did he even want to know what their ‘healthy fitness menu’ included? In the kitchen they found Hoya and Woohyun’s eyes spotted him next to an electronic mixer. The contents were of a light yellowish color with some red dots in between. He saw a glass in Howon’s hands with the same liquid. He was fully clothed as well. A misunderstanding? The tanned man frowned when their eyes met.

 

Dongwoo gasped. “Hobear, did you taste it before me?”

 

“Yes, I did. Why did you bring him inside?”

 

Woohyun realized that their seemingly erted conversation had been surprisingly innocent. “You…were mixing fruit juice?”

The blond man chuckled. “Our secret hobby. Hoya here doesn’t want to get fat, so we try to eat healthy. We tried a new combination of fruits this time.”

 

“I’m not giving him anything of it.” Hoya declared. “This is proof of my hard work.”

 

Dongwoo stepped closer to his boyfriend and nudged him with his elbow. “Hobear, remember that Woohyun has worked hard too! He’s been with Sunggyu the whole day and I’m sure he made hyung happy. Right, Woohyun?”

 

The blond man looked at him with a ‘Right? Riiiiiight?’ expression. Woohyun coughed. “Of course! It’s probably illegal to have that much fun!”

 

The older man seemed pleased with the answer. He stole the glass from his boyfriend and took a sip. Dongwoo moaned. “Oh, Hobear, this is the best. Woohyun, you have to taste it.”

 

He took the glass with an awkward smile. Howon slipped his free hands around Dongwoo’s waist. “I know something that tastes even better.”

 

Woohyun coughed and nearly dropped the glass. He put it back on the counter and fanned himself with his hand. Dongwoo gave him an innocent look. Calm down! He probably meant something totally different! What’s up with your erted mind today? “What’s wrong, Woohyun?”

 

“N-Nothing, I’m fine. You can drink the juice yourselves.”

 

Hoya smirked and the black-haired man gave him a glare. I bet he did that on purpose! Damn you, Lee Howon! Dongwoo emptied the glass clueless about their silent battle. All three of them took a seat in the living room afterwards. Howon the TV to distract himself while his boyfriend interrogated Woohyun. The younger man told Dongwoo – almost – everything about the date at the aquarium. Dongwoo’s eyes seemed to sparkle when he mentioned the doctor fishes.

 

“Hobear, we should go there next time! Even Sunggyu-hyung let them nibble on his fingers. It sounds so cute.” Dongwoo sighed. “I wish I could’ve seen it.”

 

Woohyun remembered the photographer who had taken pictures of Sunggyu when they were at the doctor fishes. That guy probably had photos of that scene. The memory left a bitter aftertaste in his mouth. “I only have one picture, sorry.”

 

The blond man beamed at him and jumped up from his seat. “Wait, I’ll get my phone! I need that picture!”

 

Howon snorted and glanced at Woohyun with narrowed eyes. “So nothing bad happened, huh?”

 

“N-Not at all. It was perfect!” Woohyun averted his gaze. Suddenly the plant in the corner of the room seemed oddly interesting. Nam Woohyun, you’re such a bad liar!

 

“So you've never lost sight of him for example?”

 

He gasped and looked at the younger man. Did he stalk us? Is he a psychic? “Only for a second! And nothing really happened! Sunggyu met a really nice lady with children. He even bonded with her deaf boy!”

 

Hoya looked like he wanted to say something else but his boyfriend returned and plopped down between them again. Howon returned his attention to the television. Woohyun sent the picture to Dongwoo. He didn’t really want to share it with anyone else, but he was sure that the other man would rip off his head if he uttered an objection.

 

Dongwoo squealed and turned to his boyfriend. “Aren’t they cute, Hobear? When was the last time we took a picture like that? And we haven’t been on a date in years! We should go to Lotte World!”

 

The youngest rolled his eyes. “We don’t need cheesy pictures and that place his so expensive. We were in the park with Sunggyu not too long ago.”

 

“But that doesn't count! And I want a cheesy picture with you!” Dongwoo whined.

 

Woohyun smirked and stared at the younger man. “That’s not good, Howon. You should take better care of your boyfriend. You should fulfill his wish.”

 

Hoya shot him a glare. “You should mind your own business.”

 

“No need to be shy! It’s just a simple picture. You just need to smile for a second.”

 

“I will wipe that smirk off your face, Nam Woohyun, if you don’t keep your lips shut.”

 

Dongwoo whined again. “Hobear~ are you embarrassed of me?”

 

Hoya nervously looked at his boyfriend. “No!

Please log in to read the full chapter