Creep & Confessions

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

New design yeey :D I picked it up this morning! How do you like it guys? (I wonder if anyone will answer lol) If you're curious credits can be found in the foreword!

Phew <3 survived my two exams yesterday!
Thanks again to my new subscribers! (I really don't deserve all that support ;A;)
I will try to post the extra chapter tomorrow but I can't promise anything to 100%!

Enjoy the chapter. Believe me you should enjoy it. You will.
 

 

[WOOHYUN]

 

So far the date had been pretty much perfect for him. Except for the moment when Sunggyu had disappeared from his eyes and the appearance of that creepy photographer afterwards. But nothing could stop him from feeling utterly happy. Woohyun wasn’t sure if anything could destroy his mood right now. Sunggyu seemed different than usual. He could tell how much the brown-haired man loved the underwater creatures. He absorbed everything with great interest and some-times he would forget the world around himself while watching the fishes. Which was cute of course but definitely dangerous because the aquarium was full of visitors today. Thanks to their connected pinkies though, Woohyun was sure he wouldn’t lose the elder again. He wanted to hug the other for naming the two turtles after themselves but he was sure that Sunggyu wouldn’t appreciate that gesture. The date felt almost normal to him. The older man seemed a little nervous because people would occasionally stare at them, but other than that Sunggyu didn’t show any signs of his phobia. Woohyun wished the brown-haired man could always be this carefree and happy. He wanted to see his smile all day.

 

While they waited for their food, Woohyun decided to keep the conversation going. “So, how do you like the place so far?”

 

Sunggyu smiled widely. He liked it when the other’s eyes disappeared like that. ‘It’s great. I thought I would never see it for myself but thanks to you I even got close to the doctor fish. It’s all thanks to you.’

 

“Well truthfully Dongwoo gave the tickets to me. I think he wanted to take you here but he was so nice and gave the tickets to me instead. You should thank him. He’s a great friend.”

 

The older man seemed to ponder what he should respond for a minute. ‘It would’ve been different with Dongwoo I think.’

 

Woohyun grinned. “How so?”

 

‘He wouldn’t ask me to name two turtles. Maybe it would’ve been more like a mother taking her child out?’ Sunggyu chuckled silently. Woohyun wished he could hear the sound. It was probably something similar to an angel’s choir or something comparable to that.

“And what does it feel like with me?” He asked. He was hoping for a certain answer of course, but the black-haired man knew that Sunggyu would never say those words first.

 

The thought brought him back to his biggest problem. He still had to tell the other the truth about his feelings and what he hoped their relationship could be. Woohyun had thought about doing it today but what if the older man rejected the idea or had another panic attack? That would destroy all the happy memories they had made in a flash. There was a small chance that Sunggyu would return his feelings. He was sure that the other liked him more than his best friends, especially since Sunggyu showed so much - at least for someone like him very much - affection towards him and blushed whenever Woohyun complimented him, which was incredibly cute. Woohyun wanted to show the whole world that Sunggyu belonged to him, but he didn’t have the right yet to do so and the brown-haired man would probably not like the idea. But at least it would keep creeps like that camera guy away. Woohyun hoped they would never meet him again.

 

He had promised Sunggyu to beat that creep up if he gets closer to them again, but to be honest Woohyun was not exactly a very good fighter. He liked to do sports and he certainly wasn’t weak but Woohyun only knew the basics of punching and kicking.

 

‘Maybe like I’m taking my baby brother out?’ Sunggyu smirked and the younger man frowned.

 

“I’m not that young! We are only two years apart. Can I tell you what I’m thinking?”

 

Sunggyu averted his eyes for a moment before he signed him to go on. Woohyun cleared his throat. “Well, for me this is…kind of…a date.”

 

He observed Sunggyu carefully. The older man didn’t flinch which was a success already and neither did he jump from his chair and run away. In fact Sunggyu’s face was relatively blank. Woohyun didn’t know if it was a good sign or a bad one. The brown-haired man was probably still progressing his words and looking for a reply. Normally Sunggyu would immediately shoot down his idea of a ‘date’. He would call it a meeting or something else that sounded neutral instead of romantic. The younger man knew that Sunggyu wasn’t very comfortable with the thought of a (gay) relationship since the incident in his youth. Everything would probably be easier for Woohyun if he were a woman or if he went for Myungsoo instead, but Woohyun loved Sunggyu and there was nothing he could do to change that.

 

He decided he would tell him today – no matter what.

 

Sunggyu was saved from his dilemma because the waitress brought them their dishes. Woohyun was a little disappointed but at least the other hadn’t rejected him right away. They started eating, which was always a quiet time. Sunggyu’s hands were busy with the chopsticks and his food. He had no time to write or sign anything. Normally Woohyun would keep a conversation going by himself, but with time he started to like the silent meals with the other. They would share occasional glances at each other and talk to each other through facial expressions. It probably looked weird to other people but for Woohyun it was perfect.

 

Like a secret code only the two of them knew.

 

They were in the middle of their meal when Woohyun spotted a familiar figure that entered the restaurant; the camera guy from before. He watched him with his eyes while the man walked to a table at the other corner. Sunggyu wasn’t able to see him because the other table was located behind him, but Woohyun could see the photographer very well. He was careful not to be caught by Sunggyu as he observed the stranger. The black-haired man didn’t want Sunggyu to worry. Maybe it was only a coincidence that guy was here now. The COEX Aquarium only had this one restaurant after all. Woohyun poked his food while his eyes stared holes into the stranger. Their eyes met for a second and even over the distance Woohyun was sure that the other smirked at him. He snorted and noticed Sunggyu’s gaze on himself.

 

‘You don’t like your food?’

 

Woohyun smiled. “No! I just thought that it was funny how the menu said that there are mushrooms inside the dish but I’ve only found three so far.”

 

Sunggyu laughed silently. ‘No wonder the food is so cheap. I guess they like fish more than vegetables.’

 

“At least it’s delicious. What do you want to see next, Sunggyu-hyung?”

 

‘There’s a place where you can see the fishes living in our daily environment. We can go there and then we can visit the seals.’

 

Woohyun nodded and the older man went back to eating his fish. He glanced at the photographer and nearly snapped his chopsticks in two because the other was taking pictures again. There was no doubt that he took pictures of Sunggyu though he could probably see not much more than his back. Woohyun shot him a glare but the photographer didn’t seem to care or he was too fixated on the hamster to notice. He was about to lose his cool when the guy put his camera away and stood up from his seat to go to the restrooms. Woohyun put his chopsticks down.

 

“Hyung, can I go to the restroom for a minute? I won’t take long.”

 

Sunggyu seemed a little unsure but he nodded nevertheless. ‘Don’t worry, I won’t run away. I will wait here.’

 

Woohyun gave him an encouraging smile before he stood up and hurried towards the restroom. He knew he couldn’t leave Sunggyu alone for too long, but Woohyun just had to confront that guy. With a grim expression he entered the restroom of the restaurant and found himself face-to-face with the camera guy almost immediately. They stared at each other for a minute. Woohyun noticed that the other was the same height as him. He was probably around his age as well and didn’t exactly look like a dangerous person, but his actions annoyed Woohyun nevertheless.

 

He narrowed his eyes at the other. “Would you mind leaving us alone? I saw you taking pictures of him again.”

 

The photographer chuckled. “Relax, man.  It’s just a few photos. I won’t use them to – or maybe I should?”

 

Woohyun snapped and lunged at him, but the man dodged his punching attempt easily. “Calm down, tiger. It was a joke.”

 

He glared at the guy. “A pretty bad joke if you ask me. Don’t you dare give my hyung any creepy looks!”

 

“Ah…I already thought so but he’s not your boyfriend, right? It seemed weird to me. I mean you were only doing that stupid pinky-thing without any kissing or cuddling.”

 

His anger grew even more because the man had still watched them. Woohyun flinched slightly at his words. It was only the truth because they weren’t dating and anyone who looked long enough would probably notice it, but that didn’t give that creep the right to stalk his Gyu! “T-That’s none of your business! And the pinky-thing is not stupid - it is cute!”

 

The other man laughed. “So I was right. You guys are not a couple which means that mute cutie is still available on the market. Thanks for the information.”

 

The photographer turned around

Please log in to read the full chapter