Friends & Family

Breaking the Silence (Edited)
Please log in to read the full chapter

No one reads my A/N anyways ;A; sniff!
*skips it*
Thanks for subscribing <3 (maybe I can reach 200 subs lol o__o")

Enjoy~!
 

 

[WOOHYUN]

 

Woohyun hurried to the hospital. Again he regretted not having a car, especially since Myungsoo had to walk with crutches, which was already hard enough with one broken arm. Today his younger brother would leave the hospital but Woohyun was already late. He had overslept after cleaning the apartment for the whole night. Without Myungsoo there the house had gradually become a garbage dump. Woohyun was not really the cleanest person and he had been busy with working and visiting Sunggyu the last week. There was no way he could show the older his apartment in that state, so he had spent the whole night cleaning the place.

 

He rushed inside and took the elevator to the third floor. The day had only just begun but his plans were already messed up. Woohyun opened the door to Myungsoo’s room with a sigh. He was greeted by a loud laugh. Myungsoo looked at him with a blank face that practically screamed: Help me, he’s insane!

 

“I don’t know what’s so funny.” Myungsoo said and glanced at his roommate who was sitting on his own bed – still laughing.

 

Woohyun smiled. “Maybe Sungyeol has finally lost it after staying with you for over a week.”

 

The younger boy raised an eyebrow at his remark. “I don’t think it’s my fault. He’s always smiling or laughing or running around like a preschooler. One would not be able to guess that he was in a serious accident. His mother told me that this is his normal behavior. Can you believe that? I asked her where the ‘off’ button is, but she shrugged and laughed at me. I think the whole family is mental. I should get a medal for not going insane this past week.”

 

He had never met Sungyeol’s mother, but she sounded like an interesting woman. Woohyun liked Sungyeol, he was positive and cheerful – something that Myungsoo should learn from him. The younger boy was too serious and sarcastic.

 

“Ah, Woohyun-hyung!” Sungyeol finally stopped laughing and turned his gaze to him.

 

“Good morning, Sungyeol. Are you happy that Myungsoo will be leaving today?” The said boy rolled his eyes.

 

The tall boy frowned. “Don’t remind me, hyung! I was trying to forget about it!”

 

“Well I am happy about it. I need some peace and quiet.” Myungsoo said.

 

“Don’t lie, Myungie!” Sungyeol chuckled. “You don’t have to hide your true feelings from me!”

 

The younger boy sighed. “See what I have to deal with? He’s delusional. Let’s go.”

 

Myungsoo was clothed and his bag was packed as well. He tried to stand up and Woohyun helped him quickly. The cast on Myungsoo’s arm was already gone, but it was still bandaged and he couldn’t use it yet. The younger cursed.

 

“Remind me to break only one limb next time a car hits me. Tell me you have a wheelchair hidden behind your back, hyung.”

 

Woohyun coughed awkwardly. He had forgotten to get one. “I-- just give me a moment!”

 

Sungyeol laughed again when he rushed out of the room. Woohyun heard him call something. “You don’t have to come back, hyung!”

 

It took him 10 minutes to find the right place. The hospital was way too big for his liking. How was a simple human supposed to find his way in here? He borrowed a wheelchair from the hospital to get Myungsoo home. The fee was ridiculously expensive. Woohyun paid for it with a heavy heart and made his way back to the younger man. They didn’t have much money in the first place, but now the hospital bills devoured the rest of his savings.

 

He couldn’t blame Myungsoo because the boy hadn’t chosen to be hit by a car, but he could blame the stupid hospital for making everything too expensive. It felt like they attached a price tag to your life without telling you directly. Woohyun wished he could take Sunggyu out to fancy places and buy him everything he wanted, but his money was very limited. That was the reason he was really thankful to Dongwoo for giving him those tickets to the COEX Aquarium. Maybe someday he would be able to show Myungsoo something like that, too.

 

When he returned to the room Woohyun was surprised to find another person in it. The woman turned around when she heard the door and Woohyun froze.

 

“You!” She exclaimed.

 

Sungyeol blinked. “Mom, you know each other?”

 

“He’s that unfriendly goon I had told you about, Yeollie.”

 

Woohyun recognized her. The woman in front of him was the same as the one he had pushed away at the reception desk last time. Now that he thought about it he remembered that her surname was Lee – the same as Sungyeol. He cleared his throat and closed the door. Woohyun bowed to her.

 

“I’m sorry for my behavior back then! I was worried about my brother and-“

 

“His mental age is that of a nine-year-old. I asked the doctor for help but he said it’s incurable.” Myungsoo interrupted.

 

Mrs. Lee chuckled. “It must be hard to take care of him, Myungie!”
 

Woohyun snorted with laughter. He knew that Soo hated that nickname more than anything. The black-haired boy glared at him. “I’m doing my best, Mrs. Lee.”

 

“Mom! Mom!” Sungyeol jumped around in his bed while ignoring his injuries. He was too hyperactive for his own good. “Don’t be mad at Woohyun-hyung! He can sing really well and he’s a really good hyung! I want a big brother like him!”

 

“Aw, thanks! You’re the best, Sungyeol!” Woohyun gave him a hug. “I wish I had a cute younger brother like you!”

 

“Should we switch, Woohyun? I’ve always wanted a child like Myungsoo. I bet he looks wonderful in a frilly black dress!” Mrs. Lee said with sparkling eyes.

 

Myungsoo looked like he was about to choke on his own saliva. Woohyun could almost hear his silent screams for help. “I think I'll have to decline, Mrs. Lee. Actually we have to go now! I have an appointment later and this big baby needs a drive home in his wheelchair.”

 

She gave them a pout. “That’s too bad. I can drive you guys home if you want. Where do you live?”

 

The younger boy coughed. “I don’t think that’s necessary. It’s not far from here!”

 

Woohyun glanced at him. Not far from here? Did I miss the part where we moved to another place? “We gladly accept your offer!”

 

“Gorgeous!” She said and clapped her hands cheerfully. Sungyeol laughed.

 

Myungsoo snorted. “Wonderful. Simply wonderful.”

 

Woohyun admitted that he was happy when they were able to leave Mrs. Lee’s car. Sungyeol had definitely inherited his non-stop chatter from his mother. Combined with her incredible driving skills that even Vin Diesel would feel jealous of, the drive had been…a challenge. He wasn’t sure how he managed to smile at her before she drove away. Myungsoo let out a sigh next to him. The younger was sitting in his wheelchair with an annoyed face.

 

“Didn’t you get my signs? I clearly told you to reject her offer!” The boy complained.

 

“I’m not a mind reader! I thought a few minutes would be okay.” Woohyun frowned and pushed the wheelchair inside.

 

“I hope we’ll never meet again. That was the most traumatizing week of my entire life. I’m sure nothing can top this experience.”

 

They took the elevator to the 5th floor. “I gave Sungyeol your number by the way.”

 

The black-haired boy groaned. “You did what?!”

 

“Well, he seemed to like you and you could use a good friend!”

 

“You gave my number to a delusional preschooler?”

 

“He’s nice, Soo. You should learn from his bubbly personality.”

 

“If you want me to go mental you should’ve just said so. I’ll think of something.”

 

Woohyun laughed. “I think you like him, too! You never talk so much about someone else.”

 

“You mean complain – not talk. I won’t answer even one of his texts.”

 

Once they were inside the apartment Myungsoo gasped. Woohyun flinched. “Oh god, does it look that bad? I did my best to make this place clean but-“

 

“What? No, it’s not bad. I was just…shocked. Are you sure you didn’t hire someone to clean this place?”

 

“I can clean! I’m just not doing it very often!”

 

“Wow, this hyung must be really important. You would never clean the house for me.”

 

“Yes, he is, that’s why I hope you won’t embarrass me today.” Woohyun stared at the younger.

 

Myungsoo smiled innocently. “Me? I would never do something like that to my favorite hyung.“

 

“And don’t say anything bad about his disability!”

 

The boy pointed at his wheelchair. “Do I look like someone who would do that? Hyung, calm down. I’m the most responsible person in this room. You should think about yourself first. Have you prepared the food? Are the dishes clean? Did you hide your ?”

 

Woohyun flushed. “I don’t have anything like that!”

 

Myungsoo scoffed at him. “Yeah sure, whatever you say. How is your lover boy getting here by the way?”

 

“Dongwoo said he would bring him here and don’t call him that. No ual references, Soo.”

 

“You don’t have to remind me. I told you to hide your .” Myungsoo smirked.

 

“I don’t have any!” Woohyun said, but he hurried to his room nevertheless.

 

He checked his desk

Please log in to read the full chapter