Chapter 12: Almost but not yet

What's Best

Jessica's Pov


I wake up and feel headache. What did I do last night? Oh yeah, drunk. I get up from my bed and look at my clothes. Still the same clothes. Thank god. I don't know what happen last night, what I remember is that there's someone whom trying to flirt me at the bar. Euww. After that I don't remember anything. I didn't do something embarrassing right?

After done showering, I put on my white shirt and black shorts. I tied up my hair into a messy bun. I walk downstairs and see Luhan at the door. He must be just had a one night stand last night with some of his toy. I glare at him before going to the kitchen to make some breakfast. I open all the cabinet but there's nothing, just an insant ramen and some of unnecessary ingredient. I sit at the dining table, thinking about what I'm going to do with the ingredients that I have at this kitchen. Luhan walk into the kitchen with a small plastic bag on his hand. He put the plastic bag infront of me.

"Your breakfast. I buy it just a moment earlier." He say before walk away from the kitchen. Oh, so he's buying me a breakfast? weird. I shrug and just take the food.

 

A moment later, I decide to go out to somewhere. Luhan already go on his date. Playboy day routine. I drive my car around the Seoul city before stop by at the grocery store.

After done shopping groceries, I move to the next shop. Cafe. I've been craving for a cake right now. I order my favorite cheesecake, new york cheesecake before take a sit near the window. A guy walk in to the cafe. He look familiar somehow. He look at me. It's L.Joe!

"Oh, hey Jess! What you doing here?" He say and take a sit infront of me. 

"Nah, just cleaning the table." I joke. He laugh slightly. DAMN! THAT LAUGH IS GORGEOUS!

"I see. So how are you? I rarely see you around. Where have you been?" He say and look at me. I bite my lips. No I can't tell him about the marriage, it will be total awkward! Instead of answering his question, I just shrug before shoving a cake into my mouth.

"Nevermind. I just meet you now which is a sigh of relief. I thought you already move to somewhere or... maybe eat by a monster!" He joke around. I slightly slap his hand and pouting.

He chuckle and pinch my cheek "You're cute, you know that right?" I look down, trying to hide my red cheek.

We talk for awhile before a girl come in and call him. She look young and pretty. Absolute pretty. 

"I got to go. See you around? If you not busy tonight maybe we can have a call?" he say. I just nod. He bid a goodbye before putting his arm on the girl shoulder. Wait, what just happen? Why the hell he put his arm on that girl shoulder? Are they have something in between? My heart just rip out. 

I shove out all of those feeling and leave the cafe.

 

I open the door and all the lights are turn on already. So, Luhan is home? Early than me? I put my car keys on the table and make my way toward my bedroom. I'm tired, fatigue, heart broken and sleepy. I stare a few seconds at the ceiling before fall asleep without me realize.

 

I wake up and look at my alarm clock that nicely put beside my bed--at the table. It's show 11pm. 

"God! I just miss my dinner." I mutter and at the same time my stomach growl. I get up from my bed and walk out from my room. I look at Luhan room, it's close. Maybe he's asleep already or out to somewhere. Nah, who care what he do. I walk downstairs. I didn't realize that there actually have another one stair left. I take a step but unfortunately I fall.

"Ouch!" I groan loudly. I can feel the pain at my ankle. I guess I just sprain my ankle.

I heard a footsteps run toward me. I look up and see Luhan stand infront of me with his worried face.

"Yah! How you could fall from the stairs." Luhan say between his laugh. He help me stand up but I reject it.

"No. I can stand by myself." I say confidently but.. Yeah, I fell again.

Luhan laugh so hard but he stop as soon as he see me glaring at him. Heh, coward!

"See, you need my help. Just accept it girl." He roll his eyes. Such an annoying brat.

Luhan come back to the living room with a packet of ice. He gently put the ice on my ankle. I yelp a bit as he put the ice on my ankle.

"Here, take this." He hand me a pain reliever and a glass of water. I take the pill and swallow it.

He massage my ankle gently. Despite it hurt but mom once said that It can reduce the pain.

There's one thing that keep lingering in my mind-- he's acting weird. Because of my curiousity grown up, I decide to ask.

"You're acting weird." I blurt out and that make Luhan finally look into my eyes.

"Act weird? There is nothing weird with me." He say and continue massaging my ankle. I frown. There must be something that he's hiding or maybe need some help.

"Yeah, you just buy me a breakfast this morning and now you're helping me with massaging my sprain ankle. You also usually came home late but today you're like.. mostly staying at the house. You usually 24 hou--"

"You talk to much, you know that?" he cupped my face while raising his eyebrows. I gulp. He stop massaging my ankle and stare at me, so do I. I bite my lips.

"You know what? I hate when you bite your lips." he say as he keep getting closer to me. I just sit still there.

We're just 2 inches away. Is he going to kiss me again? , I guess he really want to kiss me. Luhan keep his eyes on me, his lips apart. I don't know why but I'm just like letting him to kiss. It seem going to be perfect but..

"Ouch!" I yelp. I just feel the pain on my ankle. Luhan quickly gesture his sit position. 

"We should sleep now. It's getting late." he say before stand up and help me stand up.

"But, I still didn't have a dinner. I'm hungry." I say but more to whine. He laugh slightly and support me with putting my arm around his shoulder. 

"Okay, you eat first and then go to sleep. You need a rest. I'm going to cook for you but just a simple one--kimchi fried rice. Is it fine?" I just nod. I have no word to say. I'm still shock with what just happen. Almost but not yet. I glance at Luhan, there's something mystery about this guy. Where his playboy attitude go today? You're mysterious, Luhan.

 ***

enjoy reading! Don't forget to upvote, comment and subscribes to this story ;)

Love you guys!