----

Betrayal and Forgiveness

Christine stood outside Simon's room, hesitantly raising her hand to knock on the door. She didn't know why she was even bothering. Simon, like her brother, was very stubborn so she knew that talking him into seeing them off was not going to work. She could hear him shuffling around.

 

Who is it?”, he called out.

 

She swallowed, “I-It's Christine.”

 

It took a minute but he turned the knob and left it open ajar. Christine opened it and stepped inside. Simon was sitting on the edge of the bed, staring at the ground as she sat down beside him. It was silent for a few minutes before Christine broke the silence.

 

Why don't you want to see us off?”, she asked meekly.

 

Simon sighed, “I...I can't do it Chris.”, he shook his head, feeling his eyes water.

 

Christine scooted closer to him, putting her hand over his and giving it a light squeeze.

 

I...I can't see you leave with another man, I just can't.”, he smiled bitterly, “I can't...”

 

I'm sorry.” She didn't know what else to say and he stood up, shaking her hand off of his.

 

Don't do that.”, he said in an annoyed tone, “Don't be sorry for something you had no control over.”

 

She didn't say anything, feeling even worse because all she thought she could do was apologize.

 

Do...Do you think...”, Simon sighed, “Do you think that maybe, if he hadn't shown up...We would've had a shot?”

 

Christine pursed her lips and shrugged one shoulder. “Maybe...Daniel probably would've wanted it like that.”, she chuckled lightly.

 

He scrunched up his nose, “What, like an arranged marriage?”

 

She mimicked his facial expression and he laughed, easing off the previous tense filed atmosphere.

 

I'm really gonna miss you.”, she leaned her head on his shoulder when he sat back down.

 

He lowered his head, nodding a little, “Yeah, me too.”

 

Christine! We have to go!”

 

They both looked towards the door, hearing Eric and Daniel calling out to her. Christine lowered her head and let out a small sigh.

 

You shouldn't keep them waiting...”, he forced a smile and stood up, walking her to the door.

 

They lingered at the door before Christine pulled him in for a hug, taking him by surprise. Slowly, he put his arms around her and returned the embrace and tightening his hold on her because he knew that he wouldn't see her for a very long time.

 

Don't be sad.”, he choked out, hearing her sniffling.

 

CHRISTINE!”, they heard again.

 

She rolled her eyes and opened the door. “GIVE ME A FRICKEN MINUTE!”, she yelled.

 

Simon laughed as she shut the door and she wiped her eyes while laughing with him.

 

Go.”, he nudged her towards the door, “I'll see you when I see you and...don't let Daniel get into trouble again.”

 

She turned the knob and stepped out, “No promises.”, she chuckled.

 

 

Downstairs everyone stood by the front door, waiting for Christine as she hurried down, taking her jacket from Eric's hands.

 

They aren't coming either.”, Daniel pointed to the other three boys that were lingering by the door.

 

She gaped at them, “W-What? But...But why not?!”

 

It's not forever Chris.”, Donglim said, “We'll see each other again soon.”

 

Christine began to pout, “Then that means I have to have a heart shattering goodbye with each of them then.”

 

Yeah we don't really have time for that.”, Himchan pointed to his watch. When she gave him a stare he just shook his head, “It's fine...Do your thing.”

 

Don't worry Christine.”, they hugged her, “We'll see you later, you know that.”

 

We're going to be late~”, Himchan sang lowly, making them all shoot him a glare. “Sorry.”, he flinched.

 

With watery eyes she back away and Yongguk opened the front door. They mumbled out goodbyes, waving as they all made it outside and kept waving until the car pulled out of the driveway and disappeared down the road.

 

 


 

 

Alright, this is it.”

 

Himchan pulled up to the tarmac and parked. Christine held on tightly to Yongguk's hand as they got out the few things from the trunk and made their way to the lone plane that was waiting to be boarded. As they walked up the door was lowered and out came air-stair. Himchan waved as another person hopped off the plane and hugged him.

 

Daehyun this is Christine, Eric, and Daniel.”

 

You smiled politely and shook his hand. “Super glad to be smuggling you guys out.”, he smiled playfully at Yongguk who rolled his eyes.

 

That everything?”, he pointed to the small amount of luggage they had brought along.

 

When they nodded he waved over one of the flight attendants who took them right away.

 

Well we'll be taking off very very soon so when ever you're ready!”, he excused himself and went back into the plane to talk to the pilot.

 

So, this is it.”, Himchan turned to Yongguk.

 

Oh don't do that.”, he grimaced, 'You're going to do the speech thing from the movies aren't you?”

 

Himchan sighed, “Don't ruin it Yongguk!”, he whined with a stomp of his foot.

 

I'm going to see you later.”, Yongguk rolled his eyes.

 

How about a hug?”, Himchan spread open his arms and motioned for him to come forward.

 

Yongguk tilted his head, “Quick hug.”, Himchan said again.

 

He sighed when Yongguk finally stepped forward and held him tightly. “You said quick hug.”, Yongguk mumbled.

 

Guys!”, Daehyun stuck his head out from the plane door, “We should be-Oh...I figured he was keeping you.”

 

Shut up.”, Himchan snapped.

 

Yongguk tried to get out of his hold but he wouldn't held him go and they awkwardly shuffled towards the air-stair. “Himchan, I really have to go now...”

 

Eric and Daniel patted Himchan's shoulder, said a quick thanks and goodbye and walked up into the plane while Christine stayed behind.

 

Christine, help me out here.”, Yongguk gulped.

 

She carefully pried away Himchan's hand and arms from Yongguk and he pouted.

 

Take care of him Chris, he likes belly rubs and when you scratch him behind the ears.”

 

Okay.”, Yongguk chuckled, shaking his head at Christine, “Thanks Himchan, I'll call you when I get there alright?”

 

He nodded and Yongguk gave him another quick hug before hearing Daehyun call out to them again. They boarded the plane, sitting next to each other and looked out the window as they took off. Eric, Daniel, and Daehyun all fell asleep shortly after and Yongguk was dozing off as well but he watched as Christine stared out the window.

 

You okay?”, he mumbled, grabbing a hold of her hand.

 

She turned to face him and gave him a small smile, “Yeah...go to sleep, you're tired.”

 

He put his arm around her, laying his head on her shoulder and giving her a kiss on the cheek.

 

What?”, she asked.

 

I love you.”, he smiled sleepily.

 

She rolled her eyes, “Yeah I know.”

 

Yongguk chuckled, “You forgive me?”

 

Christine leaned her head against his, “Of course I do...I couldn't even be mad at you for an hour let alone forever.”

 

He grinned and adjusted his head a bit more and let out yawn, shutting his eyes. Christine stared at his sleeping face and leaned in closely.

 

Yongguk?”, she whispered. He didn't stir.

 

I love you.”, she pressed a kiss to his forehead and laid her head on his.

 

He smiled brightly, “Yeah, I know.”