The Day After

Finding Tteokbokki Girl

Last night felt like a dream! Or is it a nightmare? I mean what if Youngmin sees me? What would he think?  Minyoung was making her way to the hair salon while listening to Boyfriend's songs on her phone.  She decided to help Yunji out at the salon since she had nothing to do today.  Why is it so cold today anyway?  Minyoung tighten the scarf on her neck to warm herself up.  Just thinking about Youngmin and last night makes me feel all warm on the inside. Thought Minyoung with a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Annyeong, my sweet lovely unnie!" cheered Minyoung when she entered the salon.

"What's with the cheerful entry?" asked Yunji, raising her eyebrow.

"Can't I be cheerful on this lovely sunny morning?"

"Lovely sunny morning? It's freezing cold outside, Minyoung-ah. What is wrong with you? And why are you smiling like that? You look creepy!"

"I do not look creepy." replied Minyoung while taking off her scarf and bag, placing it on the sofa.  "Any reservations this morning, unnie?"

Yunji's eyes suddenly widen in panic.  "Oh my god! I totally forgot. Can you help me buy some drinks at the cafe nearby? The coffee machine broke down and I forgot to stock up the fridge with drinks. Can you please go? There's a reservation at 10 a.m."  Yunji eyed the clock on the wall, 9.30 a.m. "Minyoung-ah, can you help me, please please please. Here's the money."

"Relax, unnie. There's still 30 minutes left." replied Minyoung while grabbing her bag and the money Yunji is holding.  "Don't worry! I'll be back really quick." she added.

"Wait! You forgot your scarf!" shouted Yunji after she spotted Minyoung's scarf on the sofa.  Minyoung who was about to get out the door quickly turn around and grab the scarf from Yunji.

"You and oppa are totally the same." said Minyoung, shaking her head remembering how her brother also reminded her of her scarf last night.  They are so destined for one another. Could Youngmin and me be... Aish! What am I thinking anyway?  Minyoung wrapped the scarf around her neck and slowly make her way to the cafe nearby.

 

 

 

"So you're telling me that you had the chance to catch her yesterday, but then you didn't?" asked Kwangmin with a frown after Youngmin had told him the incident at their front door last night.  All six of them we're in the van on their way to get their hair done.

"Who are we talking about again?" Minwoo who was playing with his phone suddenly got interested in their conversation.

"No one." replied Youngmin, glaring at Kwangmin.  "We agreed not to talk about this again, Kwangmin-ah" Youngmin whispered to Kwangmin.

Kwangmin ignored Youngmin's glare and continued, "Seriously, Youngmin-ah! You should have just followed her down. I mean, you have been wanting to know who she is for quite a while already. It's a girl thought, right?"

"Yah! Which girl? Who are you talking about, Kwangmin-ah?" whined Minwoo when the twins ignored him.

"You know. The girl who kept sending Youngmin tteokbokki." replied Jeongmin while playing with his phone.

"How do you know, hyung?" asked Minwoo, surprised.

"You need to focus, Minwoo-ah."  Donghyun and Hyunseong both nodded their heads, agreeing with Jeongmin. Both of them were listening to the conversation without a word.

Why didn't I went down and catch her yesterday anyway? Even if I did catch her, then what?  Youngmin wondered to himself while looking out the window.  "Aish! What is it, Kwangmin-ah?" Youngmin looked at Kwangmin irritatedly when his twin kept poking his arm non-stop.

"Why didn't you catch her?"

"Okay, let's say I did catch her. Then what?"

Kwangmin raised his eyebrows. "A simple, 'Thank you for the tteokbokki you kept sending me.' would be nice. Don't you think so? You wanted to know who she is didn't you? I just don't understand why you didn't go after her. I mean, why did you stop catching her infront of the elevator? I thought you wanted to find her? Why did you want to find her, Youngmin-ah?"

Youngmin just looked at Kwangmin with a blank expression. Why does this guy have so many questions? Even if I managed to catch her, what should I say to her anyways? Who are you? Why do you kept sending me tteokbokki? Are you a sasaeng fan? Why did I want to find her when I don't even know what to say or do?

"Kwangmin's right. Why did you want to find her, Youngmin-ah?" asked Jeongmin, joining the conversation.

"I didn't say anything about wanting to find her." replied Youngmin.  Or did I?

"Then why do you kept thinking of her?"

"How would you know if I'm thinking about her, Kwangmin-ah?"

"I just had a feeling. I think it's a twin thing." replied Kwangmin with a sheepish smile.

Youngmin just rolled his eyes, "Lucky guess."

"Do you remember how she looked like, Youngmin-ah?" asked Donghyun from the front seat.

"I didn't really had a good look at her. She just ran off when I opened the door." Youngmin smiled a little remembering yesterday's incident.

"Not even a little bit?" asked Hyunseong while looking at him.

"Why are you all so interested in her anyway? The only thing I remembered is her wearing a red scarf." replied Youngmin with a sigh.  This Kwangmin and his big mouth! Now everyone is asking about my tteokbokki girl. Oops! I mean this mysterious girl.  Youngmin blushed at the thought.

"There could be a million girls in Korea who owns a red scarf, Youngmin-ah. Why are you blushing, anyway?" Kwangmin eyed Youngmin suspiciously when he sees his twin's face slightly red.  "What are you thinking about, Youngmin-ah?"

"Oh look! We've arrived!"  Ignoring Kwangmin's questions, Youngmin quickly got out of the van once they arrived at the hair salon.

"Yah! Stop ignoring me, Youngmin-ah!" whined Kwangmin while catching up with Youngmin. "Yah, hyung!!!"

 

 

 

"Sorry I'm a bit late, unnie!" said Minyoung the moment she entered the salon, both hands carrying trays of drinks.  "There were so many people in the cafe.  Why are people out so early in the morning for anyway?"

"It's okay. Help me to pass the drinks to them would you?" replied Yunji while searching for something behind the counter.

Minyoung turned to the sofa, eyes wide with shock seeing Donghyun, Hyunseong and Jeongmin sitting there waiting for their turn to get their hair done.  "You didn't tell me that Boyfriend is coming today, unnie." Minyoung turn back to Yunji and whispered.

Yunji looked at her puzzled.  "Why? It's not the first time you see them here anyway. Doesn't matter. Just go and pass them the drinks." she replied. "Oh wait! I'll pass these to them. You pass those to the other three." Yunji took one of the trays with drinks and walks over to the sofa with a smile.

Oh god! Youngmin is here! Okay, relax. Don't panic! He doesn't know the girl yesterday was you anyway. Don't overthink Minyoung-ah!  Minyoung thought to herself while making her way to the maknaes.  Her eyes scanned the whole room for Youngmin but he is nowhere to be found.  "Here's your drinks." said Minyoung with a smile while placing the drinks infront of Minwoo and Kwangmin.

"Is that for Youngmin?" asked Kwangmin pointing at the other drink in her hand.  Minyoung just nodded in response.  "You can just put it over there." Kwangmin later added while gesturing to the empty seat beside him.

Miyoung walked over to place the drink on the table infront of the empty seat.  She got startled when she turned around and saw Youngmin looking at her with wide eyes.  Why does he look so shocked? Do I look like a mess?   Minyoung quickly turn around to look at the mirror behind her, touching her scarf instinctively.  Nothing seems to be weird. I look normal.  "What's wrong, Youngmin-shi?" asked Minyoung, tilting her head while looking at the guy infront of her who seems speechless.

 

 

 


Hey guys!!! I've managed to update again, yeay me!!!

Is anyone reading this, though?  Didn't really expect anyone to read this story anymore anyways.  But it's nice knowing if some of you are still interested in Boyfriend's fanfics.

I decided to continue on writing because 1, it's been bugging me the fact that this story was on paused since 2015.  And 2, because I missed this community so much!!!  Especially those who are continuously excited reading Boyfriend's fanfics.

I felt bad for ignoring Boyfriend related stuffs when I entered college and only started getting back into it now when everything is soooo different (you get what I mean?).

Anyways...  Thanks to anyone who is reading this story.  I appreciate it soooo much!!!  *90 degrees bow.

It's weird to say this, but I've always said this in every chapter that I wrote...

Do subscribe and comment down below!!!