The Best Birthday Ever

A Special Birthday Present

 

Charley was just sitting at home when the doorbell rang. She knew it couldn’t be her boyfriend Jongup since he was away performing. Nevertheless she opened up the door and was surprised to see Jongup standing there, holding flowers with a big grin plastered on his face.
‘What are you doing here?’, she asked, genuinely interested.
‘Oh so I can’t spend my day with my girl now?’ Jongup replied, still smiling.
 ‘Manager Kang let me have the day off to spend with you, so spend it with you I shall. It is your birthday after all.’ Charley squealed with delight as she went to hug Jongup; she thanked Manager Kang in her head. This was surely going to be the best birthday she thought.
‘Now go get changed missy, I have a special treat for you today’, Jongup leaned in to kiss Charley and then gave her a y wink. Charley excitedly ran upstairs to get changed and came out not long after. Jongup gave her a wolf whistle before whispering in her ear ‘You look so beautiful today’. Charley turned a deep shade of red before playfully pushing him away with her shoulder.
‘So where are we going?’ She asked as she made her way out of the front door.
‘It’s a surprise. You won’t know till we get there’, Jongup replied with a wink.

 

‘After you milady’, Jongup said as he opened the car door for Charley to enter. She sat down in the front seat next to Jongup and put on the radio; One Shot was playing. Both she and Jongup sang along to the words while Jongup drove to their destination. Once they had arrived, Charley stepped out of the car and was amazed at what lay in front of her. It was the restaurant that she had always been meaning to go to but had never had enough time due to other commitments. Jongup noticed how amazed she was and motioned for her to go in with him. They linked arms and made their way over to the entrance.
‘It’s so beautiful’, Charley said, looking around the restaurant.
‘Only the best for my baby’, Jongup replied with a smile. He turned to the person in charge of reservations.
‘I’ve reserved a table for 2’. ‘And may I take your names?’ The person replied. ‘Yes, it’s Jongup and Charley’. ‘Ah yes sir, if you’d like to follow me’. He led them to a table near the VIP area of the restaurant which was surrounded by beautiful sculptures and vintage paintings, capturing the elegance of the restaurant itself.
 Once Jongup and Charley took their orders, Jongup took the courage to ask her ‘How are you enjoying your birthday so far?’ ‘I’m having a lot of fun, because I get to spend it with you’ she replied back with a shy smile. ‘Well the night isn’t over yet, I have a lot more planned for you’, he smiled playfully. ‘
Oh, you don’t have to’ Charley mumbled. ‘You’ve done enough for me already. As long as I get to spend it with you, I don’t care about anything else.’ ‘Nonsense’, Jongup replied. ‘You’re my girl so you shall receive only the best of the best’. He then leaned in to kiss her to which she reciprocated.

 

They spent their time talking, eating and just enjoying the mood of the restaurant until Jongup decided that it was time for them to leave. ‘Where are we going now?’ Charley asked, wondering what Jongup had planned for her. ‘You’ll see, soon enough’, Jongup replied, leaving her in wonder. They walked out of the restaurant and into Jongup’s car to their next destination. Once they stopped, Jongup opened the door for Charley to step out of the car and she at once realised where they were.
‘Welcome to the Han River. The place where anything can happen’, Jongup said cheerfully. Charley was a bit confused as to why he brought her here, but that soon changed.
‘Babe, look at the sky’, Jongup said as he motioned for her to look at a plane which had wrote in the clear sky: ‘Charley, will you be my Mrs Moon and marry me?’ Charley’s eyes widened at this and picked Jongup into a tight embrace, tears of joy streaming down her cheeks. ‘Yes I will marry you’, she said as they shared a long and passionate kiss. She had been right, it was the best birthday ever.