&/chapterone; meeting her

They're Forbidden

"Yonghwa!"

Seohyun shouted as a big grin formed on her face. She didn't have much classes with Yonghwa, and the only two classes they had together were history and math, all the way at the end of the day. She was elated to be able to see Yonghwa during recess, and the mere sight of him could make her cheer up instantly, no matter what happened.

"Seohyun!" Yonghwa shouted as he turned around and ran towards Seohyun, throwing his arms around her once he was close enough.

"Yah, Yonghwa." Jonghyun said, a hint of teasing in his voice as CN Blue walked nearer to the couple. "Get a room, man."

Yonghwa let go of Seohyun and looked at Jonghyun. "You're just jealous you don't have a girlfriend yet." Yonghwa stuck his tongue out at Jonghyun. "Get one already, you're not young anymore."

The whole CN Blue started laughing, while Seohyun remained at the side, smiling, but not laughing. She was already used to CN Blue's antics, and she loved the way they joked around, but she just felt.. out of place when she's around them. And she didn't know why.

"Seohyun, I'll bring you to meet my umma today." Yonghwa whispered in her ear. "I told her about this yesterday already, so don't worry."

Seohyun simply smiled up at him and nodded slightly. How could she not be worried? She knew clearly of Yonghwa's status, how influential he was, and how unworthy she was of him. She was definitely worried that his parents would disapprove of their relationship. And when that happens, it'll be so hard to keep their relationship going on. Call her paranoid, but she was definitely worried.



Yonghwa held Seohyun's hand and looked back at her as he gave her a smile, gently squeezing her hand while he led her in.

"Umma, this is Seohyun." Yonghwa said happily.  "Seohyun, this is my umma."

Seohyun bowed. "Annyeong ajumma."

Yonghwa's mum just looked at Seohyun. "You're the one who got into the school by a music scholarship?"

Yonghwa tensed up at this. He knew his mum had gone to check on Seohyun's background. He knew that his mum wouldn't allow him to be with Seohyun once she knew about Seohyun's background.

A father in debt, and a mother who works practically all day long just to earn enough money to pay off their debts. And to top it off, she had got into the school by a music scholarship. He eyed Seohyun worriedly as she nodded.

"Then I forbid you and Yonghwa to be together."

"Umma!" Yonghwa shouted. "Why must you do this?"

"Because she doesn't fit your status."

"Umma, that isn't important–"

"Yonghwa." Seohyun cut him off as she put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "It's okay. I understand. I'll be going now, ajumma." The girl kept quiet as she bowed, picked up her bag and walked out of Yonghwa's house.

Yonghwa narrowed his eyes at his mum.

"You're too much, umma."

The furious Yonghwa turned to run after Seohyun, only to be stopped by a voice behind him.

"If you walk out now, don't ever expect to walk back in."



A/N

The first chapter is up, how was it? I hope it wasn't too short. Do comment, lovelies! :)

chapter image from su ann @ lemonswirls, thank you sweetheart.