Away

What Happens in SM, Stays in SM [though EXO thinks otherwise]

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hey, I’ve got a lot to tell you. First off, I’m  SNAP. Lead broke off from the wood leaving a broken streak on the teardrop-spotted paper. Lena sniffed, holding back a new wave of waterworks making its way off her glassy eyes. Grabbing a pen from her bag she let her thoughts run back again.

“You stay or you go?”

“What do you mean?”

“Stay. Here. With me.”

“Um, Amber I think you’re forgetting about the little part where I actually have a life back home. Family, school, friends. Uh- Scratch friends I don’t have friends. What I’m saying is… as much as I want to; you know it’s not that easy.”

“I know. We all know.”

“Who’s we?”

“Me… and your folks.”

“What?”

“Your parents already know.”

“Know what?”

“You know those times when you caught your mom and me on Skype? We were actually arranging everything. From your school, to your homestay, the budget

“Wait, what?!?”

“I ASKED THEM TO LET YOU AUDITION THIS FRIDAY!”

“Wha How?”

“How what?”

“How?”

“HOW WHAT LENA?”

“How?!? How did you How can I audition? I’m not even good! I won’t get in! Did you guys spend money on this?!? My family’s not rich Amber! I can’t live here! I have to go to school, graduate AND WORK! Get a real job! I’m sorry but“ The tear which held happiness, shock, and fear finally fell down her cheek.

Amber was struck. She thought this would be the ultimate surprise. A happy one. The kind that would make a seventeen-year-old jump and shout in sheer glee. Because as a best friend, Amber knew this was Lena’s most secret dream. Amber managed up a smile to mask the bitter feeling building up, “You don’t trust me?”

Lena looked Amber in the eyes. Hers were red and foggy whereas Amber’s seemed pleading with disappointment hidden beyond. Lena swallowed, “I do.”

“Then please don’t do this to me.” Amber said, shaking her head.

“I’m sorry but

“Let me ask you something. Why is it that you hate when people try to do nice things for you?” Amber said in a tone so soft it sounded like a whisper fading.

“I

Amber closed her eyes and sighed. Lena stood frozen on her feet as she looked at her best friend walking away.

 

 

“Can I walk with you?” Lena asked but it wasn’t a question. She pleaded.

Amber snorted. “You’d get lost if you don’t.”

 

They walked slowly.

 

Not one sound.

 

Even their breaths were said in a whisper.

 

 

Amber took a deep breath and started, “You know, you’re like a little sister to me now. If anyone’s gonna hurt you then I’m sure as hell that it ain’t gonna be me. I know you’re scared and it’s perfectly fine but; sometimes you got to take a leap of faith and just know that whatever happens, we’ll be there to catch you if you fall in the wrong spot. Now, can you do me a favour and stop thinking too much?”

 

                Wide-eyed, Lena took a deep breath realizing that she wasn’t breathing for some time now. She let the rubber scratch on her paper removing the trail of led she left with a pencil.

She started again.

 I’m scared. I wanted this but I didn’t want it to happen now. Or I guess I did. I’m confused. Scared. Afraid. Terrified.

It’s all happening so fast. Everything is so perfect I feel like the whole world would cave in on me with just one wrong step.

Three knocks and the door opened. “You okay there?”

“Yeah.”

“Not gonna come back yet?”

“Just a few more minutes. Don’t worry, I’ll just pop in.”

Amber nodded and closed the door.

                Lena sighed. Without a thought, her pen and paper touched once more.

Help me.

But someone’s at the door again.

 


a/n:

HEY YOU GUYS :)

just wanna tell you this isn't everything, i guess wanted you to have something to read from me since I haven't updated for ages

THANK YOU FOR READING, STILL. I'll write some more :)