In Convenience Store

Looking From A Distance

AMBER's POV

 

I walk Luna into their house. It is just a couple of blocks away fom ours. It's kinda late so the neighborhood is now peace and quiet. Her parents are always are working overseas so, there is noone who will scold her everytime she will come home at this hour. I consider my best friend as one of the nicest girl I know. I mean, she really behave herself and how a good girl is expected to behave.

 

"Am, I will spend my summer vacation in Paris, you come along with me."she stated and flash her cheerful smile.

 

"Why do you want me to come along with you?" I questioned her and scoffed.

 

"Well, I feel bored in touring that place alone."She reasoned out.

 

"Hmmm, just ask someone else. Sorry but I can't leave Mom alone here."I said to her and it made her pout.

 

"You should rest and relax during our break,you know."she mumbled.

 

"I can do that without going to another place Lun."I answered to her and scoffed. "Hey, don't pout. I will ask Onew to accompany you."I continued and it made her blush and slap me on my arm. I chuckled upon seeing her reaction.

 

"Yah! Stop it! I know what's on your mind!"she yelled at me then rolled her eyes.

 

"Really?"I retorted with raise brows and chuckled. "Seriously Lun, Onew is planning to spend his summer vacation in Paris too so why don't you guys hang out there?" I continued.

 

I notice that she got a little bit surprise when she heard what I said. I think she don't know about it. I then notice a faint smile on her face. I decided to but refrain from doing so because I don't want to ruin her moment. She keeps on convincing me to change my mind and come along with her in Paris. I just let her because eventually she will just get tired of it.

 

"Alright!"she excalimed. "I won't ask you about it anymore."she continued sounding a little bit annoyed.

 

I swing around my right hand on her shoulder and pull her closer to me. I lightly pinch her cheek and put on an aegyo look.

 

"Yah! Stop making scary face!"she yelled and push me away from her and then a faint smile is then drawn on her face.

 

"Are you still mad?"I asked her as I nudge her.

 

"I'm not mad."she replied.

 

"Annoyed?"I questioned her.

 

"Isn't it obvious?"she retorted with sarcastic tone of voice.

 

"Okay, I will buy you an ice cream to make it up with you." I said to her.

 

"I am not in the mood to eat ice cream."she pouted.

 

"Then what do you like?"

 

"Let's drop by in the convenience store to look something good to eat."she said with a wide smile on her face.

 

"Okay."I scoffed.

 

We change our course and head to the convenience store. The guy behind the counter greet us warmly when we get inside. I let Luna to roam around and look for what she wants to eat. I decided to wait near the counter. The door, once again opened up and believe it or not, it is Krystal Jung who step inside. She looks surprise when she saw me which is the same to my reaction too. We are both staring at each other until Luna called me which shifted my attention towards her.

 

"Am, buy me these."Luna said while showing me a can of soda and a pack of chips.

 

"Okay." I answered with a smile and she smile back at me.

 

I and Luna's attention were shifted to Krystal when she pass by.

 

"Oh, Krystal Jung?" Luna called her and I think she just notice her presents.

 

I got pissed off because Krystal just glance at Luna coldly and then continue on her way without saying anything. That girl got some attitude.

 

"Ignored?"I teased Luna and she rolled just her eyes. "Don't worry, I will never ever do that to you." I said to her while patting her head and it makes her giggle.

 

"I think she is just not in her mood right now."Luna said and glance at Krystal.

 

"Whatever."I replied.

 

I handed the my money to Luna. While Luna is paying her food on the counter, I glance at Krystal and our eyes met. Her cold eyes are looking back at mine. We stare at each other until she looked away.

 

"Let's go, Am." Luna said and locked her arm to mine. "She won't become yours if all you do is just look at her."she whispered to me.