See You Around

Looking From A Distance

7 years later........

 

KRYTSAL's POV

 

Its been sever years since I last saw Amber. Everyone had moved on, everyone, except me. I can't seem to let go of my feelings for him but it stayed inside my heart. I opened my heart to others, but I am still searching for Amber's love. I badly missed him so much. Our friends are all fulfilling their dreams. They are living on their own now, working on their dream jobs and most of them are planning to get married. Luna and Onew are getting married next month. Unnie unexpectedly married Yuri-oppa last three years ago. She hates him during their college years but I think everything change as the time goes by. I visit Auntie Liu almost everyday. Luna on the otherhand, always visits her. Today, I brought Jack-Jack in the vet for his annual vaccination and check-up. He is not a puppy anymore so I must monitior his health. I don't want him to leave me too.

 

"Miss Jung, Jack-Jack is good to go." Dr. Park told me with a smile on his face and handed Jack-Jack to me.

 

He is I think just a couple of years older than me and he is a good looking youngman. Unnie and Yuri-oppa is friends with him and they had been telling me to date him. He is sure a good guy but like what I had said, I still haven't forget about Amber.

 

"Thank you, Doc." I answered him, returning back his smile and took Jack-Jack from him.

 

"Anytime, Krys." he said to me with a sweet smile."Be a good dog,okay Jack?" he said to him as he pat the dog's head. Jack-Jack wags his tail in response.

 

Head outside the clinic and put down Jack-Jack. He is wagging his tail while looking at me. I don't want to go home yet. I feel bored being alone in our house. I have no one to talk to but only a pile of papers, a pile of work.

 

"Jack, do you want to walk around first?" I asked him and he responds through barking.I think he somehow understand our language now. "Okay then."I answered and giggled.

 

We are walking together. He is used on walking beside me and he really never leave on my side. That is why, I don't put a leash on him . We walk on the sidewalk, got amused on Jack-Jack who is cutely following me. My attention was caught by a dress inside a clothing store. I look at it over the glass window and it is really a pretty dress.

 

"Jack, do you think it will suit me?" I asked him as I shifted my eyes on him. He just stare at me, wagging his tail and sticking his tongue out.

 

While I am busy checking the dress out, I heard a honking sounds of the cars. When I look on my side, I can't see Jack-Jack anymore. I think I made him feel bored and he decided to leave. I roam my eyes around, trying to search for him. My eyes widened and I start to feel worried worried when I found him in the middle of the road trying to cross on the other side street.

 

"Oh my God! Jack-Jack!" I exclaimed, obviously freaking out. 

 

When I was about to cross the road to get him and rescue him against those passing cars, I saw a guy, signaling the cars to stop as he made his way on the road and trying to rescue my dog. Jack-Jack was barking and wagging his tail on him like he knew him. He is wearing a black suit. He quickly pick up Jack-Jack and then walk in his way towards me. I feel like my world stop spinning when I clearly saw his face. I can't take my eyes off him when we meet face to face.

 

"I believe this is yours."he told me in a foreign language.

 

I finally heard the voice that I yearn to hear for a very long time. He handed back to me my dog.I didn't managae to speak any words since I can't believe that I am facing this man again. I feel like I'm going to lose my consciousness anytime soon but I mentally keep myself calm. There are a lot of thoughts that is going on in my head right now.

 

"You should keep your eyes on him or put him on a leash. You know dog loves to run around."he continued.

 

He furrowed his brows while looking at me and then he face-palmed himself and chuckled.

 

"I'm sorry. I can't speak Korean well."he told me which snapped me out of my thoughts.

 

"You can't speak, Korean?" I questioned him in English which is his language. I thought he is 'him' but I think I'm wrong.

 

"Oh, great! You can speak English."He stated, sounding delighted about it. "Yeah, I can't. It's my first time here in your country."he informed me which got me disheartened. 

 

I stared at him, checking every details of his face trying to find any difference between the guy who is standing me and the guy who left me seven years ago. I furrowed my brows when I can find any and meet his eyes again.

 

"Amber?" I called him and he furrowed his brows. Putting on a puzzled expression.

 

"Amber?"he asked. "Do I look like a girl to you?"he continued and scoffed.

 

"I-I'm sorry."I quickly apologized and bowed to him.

 

"It's okay. You don't need to do that."he said putting an awkward smile.

 

"But you're from America, right?" I asked him. Final question to confirm if he is Amber or not.

 

Our conversation was interrupted when a girl approach us. She glanced at me with piercing eyes before she meet his eyes with lovely one. They talk in a foreign language, a language that I don't understand at all. I notice that he put on an apologetic look with an apologetic smile to this girl. I think she is his girlfriend since the girl linked her arms on him. Seeing it makes my chest tightens and I mentally laugh at myself for having this feeling, jealousy.

 

"Sorry, but I have to go now."the guy said to me with an apologetic look too.

 

"I-It's okay."I replied to him, forcing a smile.

 

He slightly bow to me before they walk on their way. I watched their backs as they slowly walk away from me. I got a little bit surprised when he unlink his arms from the girl and walk back towards me.

 

"I forgot to answer your question."he stated. "I'm not from America, I'm from China but I studied in America."he continued flashing his smile.

 

I nodded my head in response, trying to return back his smile. The girl called his attention again and she is looking impatient right now. He said his goodby again to me and walk back towards the girl's direction. He stopped from walking again halfway and turn around. Our eyes met and we are staring at each other for a while.

 

"Anyway, I don't know why you called me with that girly name but sorry to disappoint you, my name is not Amber. I am Yiyun, Yiyun Liu!"he told me flashing his dorky smile. "See you around, Miss Krystal Jung."he continued, before he turn his back on me.