Goodbye Message

Looking From A Distance

LUNA's POV

 

The next morning, I head to Amber's house because I know Auntie will be coming back today. I rang the doorbell and I got surprised when I see Auntie insted of the dork who opened the door. I notice that her eyes were puffy and red. It really scared me because I thought there is something bad happened to Amber. Auntie told me what happened earlier and it made me sad. I expected for Amber to at least contact me but I only got frustrated because he didn't.

 

"Amber should have told us that he is going to America."Key mumbled while we are hanging in the cafeteria. All of our friends are still gloomy of Amber's sudden leaving.

 

"Why did he go there without even saying goodbye to us?" Onew asked and all of them looked at me.

 

"His grandma just pick him up." I answered them.

 

"So? She should have at least allow Amber to say goodbye to us and not just left." Minho stated sounding annoyed.

 

"We should give him a hard time when he came back." Jonghyun suggested.

 

"But it's weird, he never left his Mom alone." Taemin mumbled with furrowed brows.

 

"There is something urgent, that's why he needs to go there."I told them.

 

"Still, he must have informed us even through text." Key replied and they were all sulking.

 

"Let's all just pray that he will come back here as soon as possible."I told them.

 

We did wait for Amber to come back. We waited for one week, but there is still no news about him. Amber's grandma really didn't contact Auntie anymore and update her about Amber's condition. Three weeks passed and still, we got nothing new from the dork. We always hang in the cafe after our class to help Auntie. One afternoon, while we were closing, a man step out from a black car. We all greeted him and he smiled to us.

 

"Is Mrs. Liu here?"he asked us.

 

"Yes." I answered to him and gestured to Onew to call Auntie.

 

The man roam his eyes around the cafe like checking every corner of it. Aunti came out from the kitchen and I noticed that she got surprise to see this man. She told us that she prepared a snack for us in the kitchen and the guys quickly head to the kitchen. I on the otherhand, hesitated to left. I think this man has a news about Amber and I want to hear about it.

 

"Go, dear. Eat you slice of cake before those boys eat it."Auntie told me with her lovely smile and I just nodded my head.

 

I left them alone and head to the kitchen. I thought those guys are feasting on their cakes but I got surprise to see them with sullen faces in the kitchen. They all looked at me with worried eyes and I think they have the same feeling that I'm having right now. It feels like the atmosphere turns heavy and dark when that man enter the cafe.

 

"Please tell us, Lun. What is really the reason why Amber left to America?" Onew asked me.

 

I let out a sigh after I decided to just tell them the truth. They are all his close friends and I think they deserve to know about it. 

 

"You all knew that Amber had been suffering from severe headaches,right?" I started and they all nodded their head. Paying their attention on every word that I say. "It is not an ordinary headaches."I continued and it made their eyes widened.

 

"W-What do you mean?" Key asked me.

 

I told them everything and explain to them our friend's real condition. They all look upset and mad at the same time. They have reactions the same to mine when I first knew about it. Our attention was turn to Auntie when we hear her sobbing. We quickly head out from the kitchen and the man is comforting her.

 

"I'm sorry, Ma'am. Madam hired the best doctor's but they couldn't save Sir Amber." he told her and it made my chest feels heavy.

 

"W-What do you mean?" Minho asked him with stern voice. He walked closed to him and grab him by his shirt. "What do you mean by couldn't save Amber?"

 

"Calm down, Minho."Taemin said as he slowly take off Minho's hand from the man.

 

"You must be his friends."the man said as he fixed his clothes. He looked at us with sorrowful eyes and then let out a deep sigh. "SIr Amber passed away yesterday."he told us which made my tears just to automatically fall from my eyes.

 

This afternoon was full of tears and heartbreak. We were all weeping about losing Amber. We decided to stay and accompany Auntie. Among all of us, she is the one who got hurt most. I can't imagine how painful it is for a mother to lose her only son that she loved the most.

 

KRYSTAL's POV

 

I haven't seen Amber since that night I walk away from him. Nobody told me where he is neither what happened to him. I asked his friends but they didn't say anything to me. They just told me that he left to America. That's all I knew. But this week, I noticed our friends have a sad expression on their faces. I can't help but to feel that there was something wrong that happened. I asked them but they just told me that they only miss Amber. I miss that Llama too but thinking that he is in America, I know that he probably having his treatment. I believe that he will surely comeback once he get well. I waited for days and weeks but got disappointed at the end when he never come.

 

"Happy birthday, Krys."Kai greeted me and handed me his present.

 

"Thanks."I replied to him, forcing a smile.

 

It's obviously more than a month now since Amber left. I am now celebrating my 18th birthday without him. He is suppose to be my last dance as well as my tonight. I am having my debut party but I am not enjoying this night. I am just putting a happy expression for my guest and family. I pretended to be joyful in the entire event and when it was finally done, I quickly head to my room to rest.

 

"Krystal?"

 

I heard Luna's voice outside my room. I slowly got up from my bed and walk to the door to open it.

 

"Yes, Lun?"I asked her.

 

"I forgot to give you this."she said and handed me this small wrapped box. "It's from Amber."

 

Hearing what he said got me surprise and feel excited to see what's inside.

 

"Did he came? Where is he?" I frantically asked her but Luna shook her head.

 

"No. He asked me before to give it to you on your birthday." she said with a saddened smile.

 

After giving it to me, she said her goodbye and I head back to my room. I unwrapped the box and find a USB inside.I found a necklace case too. I think it is his birthday present for me. I opned the case and smile when I saw a silver necklace with a heart shape pendant on it. I wore it and then decided to watch what is with the USB. I inserted it on my laptop and found out that there is a video store in it and it is the dork's video. He adjusted the camera first then sit on one stool in front of it.

 

"Hi! If your watching this video, it means I didn't make it on your birthday. I made this video to fulfill my promise to you. I wanted to sing to you live but I think heaven forbids it to happen. So, I recorded this song. I choose this song because I think this is the perfect song for me to sing to you. Here it goes."

 

Amber started to strum his guitar and when I listened to his song, I can't help but to cry because I know that it is his last and final song for me.

 

When the warm and scented wind passes by my cheeks
I think of your face that i used to love
Oh, when the wild, unknown flowers bloom hidden on the streets
I think of you, whom i hide away in my memories

My baby illa illa illa, baby illa illa illa, baby illa illa illa
Never forget love

Because first love is beautiful, a first love is a flower
Blooming widely when spring comes – dazzling like a flower
Like a young child, a first love is inexperienced
Because you can’t unconditionally give and take love

Illa illa illa, illa illa illa, illa illa illa,
My love, good-bye

When the stars drawn out on the night sky bring up your memories,
I take you out of my old diaries

My baby illa illa illa, baby illa illa illa, baby illa illa illa
Never forget love

Because first love is beautiful, a first love is a flower
Blooming widely when spring comes – dazzling like a flower
Like a young child, a first love is inexperienced
Because you can’t unconditionally give and take love

I was young back then, i didn’t know any better
Now i think i will know
I call out to you as i draw you out
Illa illa illa illa, illa illa illa

Illa illa illa illa, never forget love

Seeing as a first love is painful, a first love is like a fever
Because after you are mindlessly sick, you become an adult
Because a first love can never be, a first love is lingering attachment
Because you can’t have it since you loved too much

 

Illa illa illa, illa illa illa, illa illa illa, my love, good-bye
Illa illa illa, illa illa illa, illa illa illa, my love, good-bye

 

 

Ttaseuha-ge buneun hyanggiroun baram nae du bo-re seuchimyeon nan, sarang-haet-deon geudae eol-ku-ri tteooreujyo
Oh ~ gil-kae sumeoseon ireumdo moreuneun deul–ggoti pil ttaecheumen, giyeok jeo pyeone kamchwo dun geudae-ga tteooreujyo

My baby illa illa illa, baby illa illa illa, baby illa illa illa
Never forget love

Cheotsarangeun areumdawoseo cheotsarangeun -ggotiramnida bomi omyeon hwahlchag pineun o~ nuni bushin -ggotcheoreom
Cheotsarangeun eorinaecheoreom cheotsarangeun seotureumnida sarangeurakgimeobshi ju-go kajjil mothanikka

Illa illa illa, illa illa illa, illa illa illa, nayesarang good-bye

Kkaman bamhaneu-re keuryeoi-nneun byeo-ri geudae chu-eok bu-lleoomyeon, oraen il-gijang so-geseo keudael kkeonaebomnida

My baby illa illa illa, baby illa illa illa, baby illa illa illa
Never forget love

Cheotsarangeun areumdawoseo cheotsarangeun -ggotiramnida bomi omyeon hwahlchag pineun o~ nuni bushin -ggotcheoreom
Cheotsarangeun eorinaecheoreom cheotsarangeun seotureumnida sarangeurakgimeobshi ju-go kajjil mothanikka

Keuddaen eoryeoseo keuddaen mollat-jyo o~ ijen al keot gateunde
Nan geudael keurimyeo bu-lleobojyo illa illa illa illa, illa illa illa

Illa illa illa illa, never forget love

Cheotsarangeun apeun geol bomyeon cheotsarangeun yeolbyeon-gimnida jeongshin eobshi arhko namyeon o~ eoreuni dwehnikkayo
Cheotsarangeun andwehnikkayo cheotsarangeun miryeonimnida neomuna manhi sarang-haeseo kajjil mothanikka

 

Illa illa illa, illa illa illa, illa illa illa, naye sarang good-bye
Illa illa illa, illa illa illa, illa illa illa, naye sarang good-bye

 

"Happy Birthday Krys! Sorry if I can't celebrate it with you. This may sounds creepy but, I will be always around  you. You might not see me but I assure you, I will be always looking after you. Continue smiling, I really love to see your smile even if I' will only be  looking at it from a distance."