Come or Not To Come

Looking From A Distance

AMBER's POV

 

I decided to tell Luna about my real condition. I think she already got an idea what I am suffering too. We stayed at the courtyard until our gym class ended. I feel a little better after telling everything to her but I think it burdens her. Our eyes are both red and puffy because of crying. I don't like crying but they said that it's okay to cry and let out your emotions sometimes.

 

"Aren't you going to tell the others? Especially Krystal?" she asked me and I shook my head. "Why not?"

 

"I think it will be bettter this way." I answered to her.

 

"Tumor can be treated through surgery, Amber. You still have a chance to get well. You need their support!"she stated.

 

"I got only 20% chance of living after surgery and 80% chance of dying. I won't let my Mom invest all our money for that treatment." I told her.

 

"I will ask my parents to pay it for you." she replied.

 

"No!"I refused. "Please, don't do that."I said to her.

 

"So you are just going to accept it?"she said with sadness in her voice as she lower her head.

 

"I don't have any other choice but to do that."I respond to her.

 

"What about our Auntie, our friends? What about Krystal? She is badly hurt of what you are doing to her." she told me which stings my heart.

 

"I need to push them away from me. I might find it hard to accept my fate if I have them around." I explained to her.

 

"You're smart, use your brain well!"she remarked. "What you are doing right now is hurting them. At least be in good terms with them, Am. Stop being a jerk to them."she continued. "Tell them the truth. They need to know." 

 

KRYSTAL's POV

 

After the incident at the courtyard, I didn't dare to talk to Amber anymore. I don't know what I had done that made him hates me so much. I heard that he and Luna made up and somehow it makes me happy. Sulli told me that Amber and his guy friends had reconciled too.  He is back to normal again but it saddnes me because he never approached me.

 

"Krys, this weekend, let's hang out in the Lotte World?" Kai invited me when he approached me after our class.

 

"What day?" I asked him.

 

"Saturday."he answered with a grin.

 

But this coming Saturday is Amber's birthday.

 

"So what do you think?"he asked me again.

 

"Uhm, let me check my schedule first. I will tell you if I'm free." I said to him which made him look kinda disappointed.

 

"Okay."He sighed. "I hope you will be free on that day though."he continued. I just smiled at him in respond.

 

I head to the council room after because we will be having a meeting, again. I meet Luna there and I think she had been waiting for me. She greeted me with her usual cheerful smile and I return her smile back at her. I sat down on the vacant seat next to her.

 

"So are you still coming this Saturday?" she asked me which caught me off guard.

 

"You know that he don't want to see me, Lun."I replied to her with a faint smile.

 

"He do, Krys." Luna answered which made me look at her. "Please, go here on Saturday night. We will be throwing a surprise party for him."she continued and handed me a piece of paper. "You can bring anyone you like if you don't want to go there,alone. Even Kai is welcome."she continued.

 

"I will try, Lun." I said to her.

 

"Don't try Krys, just make sure you will come. We will be waiting for you." she said to me then flashed her smile.

 

JESS POV

 

It is now Saturday and it's my day off. I noticed that my sister has been restless since this morning. I know that it is the Llama's birthday today and my sister is hesitating to attend to the party. She glance at our wall clock and then let out a deep sigh.

 

"Have you made up your mind?" I asked her as I sat down on the couch beside her.

 

"Not yet."she replied.

 

"If you want to go, then go. Follow what your heart says to you to do." I said to her.

 

"He clearly told me not to show my face in front of him, Unnie."she retorted.

 

"But you are invited to his birthday and you said that he is back to normal now. I think he wants you to come." I stated. "Luna said that you can bring Kai along with you , right? Then bring him with you." 

 

"They hate each other."she replied.

 

"It's a perfect time for them to make up then."I retorted and scoffed. "Just go Soojungie. I know deep down you really want to too."

 

"Alright, I will. I will ask Sulli to come with me instead of Kai."she answered after she let out a deep sigh.