Birthday Present

Looking From A Distance

AMBER's POV

 

Luna and Onew leave me and Krystal alone in our living room for us to talk. I think she is upset right now because I can see it in her face. I sat down on the couch and she sat down beside me crossing her arms on her chest. I cleared my throught before I start a conversation.

 

"I'm sorry if I didn't tell you that I was going home earlier." I said to her.

 

"You didn't tell me but you informed that rooftop girl."she retorted.

 

"That rooftop girl's name is Ailee." I said to her and scoffed.

 

"Whatever!"She rolled her eyes on me.

 

"She gave me a ride going home because I don't feel well earlier. I was about to call you but my phone is dead."I explained to her. My head hurts like hell earlier and I almost passed out.

 

"But you don't have any fever now."she remarked.

 

"I got a headache earlier."I told her and it made her look at me. "My migraine had been attacking me frequently lately." I continued and then she let out a deep sigh.

 

I think she is not angry anymore because she is looking at me with concerned eyes now. She move closer to me and my hair.

 

"I will ask Unnie to check you."she told me. "Let's visit her clinic tomorrow, after class."she continued. I nodded my head and smile to her.

 

KRYSTAL's POV

 

We stayed in Amber's house until Auntie got home. She invited us to stay over dinner. I notice that Amber sometimes massage his forehead and I think he is having a headache. I feel worried about him. I think Auntie noticed it too because she is looking at him with worried eyes.

 

"Dino,what is your plan on your birthday?"Luna asked which caught my attention. I didn't know when is my boyfriend's birthday.

 

"Just a little party, I think." Amber replied and scoffed.

 

"You will be turning 18. My little boy had finally grown up."Aunti said and caress Amber's face which made the guy got embarrassed.

 

"Mom, girlfriend is in front of me."Amber complained and it made us laugh. 

 

I'm sitting across of him in the table while Mrs. Liu is at the head of the table,Luna and Onew are sitting across each other too. Amber and Onew on the left side while I and Luna on the right of Mrs. Liu. 

 

"You don't have to be embarrass, dude." Onew and scoffed.

 

After our meal and fun teasing and conversation, we said our goodbyes to each other. Amber offered to walk me home but I refused to it. I decided to just call our driver to pick me up.He looked disappointed though but I don't want anything bad happen to him when he get back if he will walk me home. We are sitting in their porch while waiting for my driver to come.

 

"Luna and Onew look good together, don't you think?" I asked him.

 

"Yeah."He replied and scoffed.

 

"About your birthday, what do you want as a present?" I asked him.

 

"Do you even know when my birthday is?"he replied to me narrowing his eyes with a smirk on his face. "You don't, right?"he continued and laugh.

 

"Yah!"I yelled at him and hit him on his shoulder. "It's because you didn't tell me." I mumbled and pout.

 

"Ten days from now, it will be my birthday."he stated. "As for my present, just be on my side on that entire day. It will be the best present for me."he continued and grinned.

 

"I'm planning to do that."I replied and scoffed. "I want to give you something, something that would last." I told him and began to ponder.

 

“You don’t have to give me something.”he said as he lightly smack my head. I look at him and I met his eyes. “You are the perfect gift for me.”he added.

 

“Dork.”I mumbled and scoffed.

 

“I’m not.”he protested. “Hmmm, how about your birthday? Do you want something?” he asked me.

 

“So you know when my birthday is?” I asked him.

 

“Yeah, it will be on October 24,right?”he added.

 

“How did you know?”I questioned him because it really surprised me.

 

“I got it from trusted sources.” He answered and scoffed. “It will be your debut, so does it mean that I will be your last dance?”

 

“Probably.”I answered to him jokingly and scoffed.

 

“Hey, what’s up with that ‘Probably’?”he whined.

 

“I’m just kidding, Llama. Of course you will be my last dance.” I scoffed and then a wide smile was drawn to his face. “You prepare a song for me too, I want you to sing as my present.”I added.

 

“How many songs do you like?”he asked.

 

“As much as you can, until you lose your voice.”I answered and laugh.

 

“Oh, I didn’t know that you want to have a mute boyfriend.”he retorted and laugh.

 

"Hmmm, okay."he answered and chuckled.

 

The next day, I feel disappointed because I can’t go with Amber to the hospital. We got a stupid council meeting this afternoon. I really want to accompany him going there. From the council’s room, when I look at the window, I saw Amber talking to Ailee at the window. I don’t know what they were talking about but it seems to me that the rooftop girl is enjoying her time talking to my boyfriend. I furrowed my brows when they both step inside a car and left.  I unconsciously clenched my fist and gritted my fist.