Lunch Break

Looking From A Distance

AMBER's POV

 

At the end, everything turns out well between me and Krystal. She became my girlfriend today, the same day which I thought our relationship will end. Being in a relationship is new to me. Our relationship has spread in our campus. I think all of our schoolmates, except our close friends, got surprise when they heard about it. 

 

"Hey there, loverboy!" Minho greeted me and sat down next to me as he swing his arm around my shoulder and lock my head in our canteen during our lunch break.

 

"Where is your girlfriend?"Taemin asked as he sat down next to Key across. He roam his eyes around, searching fro Krystal.

 

"She's on her way here."I replied after I manage to break free from Minho's hands.

 

"We should celebrate for you guys!" Onew exclaimed happily.

 

"Oh, Onew had something to tell you, Am."Jonghyun said and flashed a sly smirk when he look at Onew who is now looking tense.

 

"What is it, dude? If you're confessing to me, sorry, I'm only into girls." I said to him jokingly which made the rest laugh. Onew is flashing a nervous smile and it made me more curious about what he is going to say.

 

"Ah, no."Onew replied.

 

"Go on, Onew. Just tell him!" Minho encouraged him.

 

"Uhm, I and Luna...."he paused and gulp. "are dating now."he continued which made my eyes widened but Key got the worst reaction because he splurted out the juice that he is drinking to Jonghyun whose sitting across him.

 

"Oh come on!"Jonghyun whined and grab the tissue. We laugh at them and somehow it made Onew to loosen up.

 

"Sorry, bro."Key apologize to Jonghyun and then turn to Onew. "When did you confess to her?"he asked him.

 

"When we were in Paris."Onew replied flashing a timid smile.

 

"So you are already a couple when you got back here?"I questioned him and he nodded his head.

 

"I-Is it okay with you, bro?" he asked me.

 

"Yeah, just make sure that you won't hurt her neither dare to cheat on her. You know I won't let anyone hurt my best friend."I told him.

 

"I promise, I won't do that!"Onew quickly replied and then flashed a smile.

 

"That shorty didn't told me about it."I mumbled.

 

"It's because she wants to look  for the perfect time to tell you."Onew stated.

 

"Anytime can be a perfect time, Onew. But it's okay,I'm going to the whole time now."I said with a smirk.

 

"If you want that shorty to murder you, go ahead and to your hearts content. You know very well what's your best friend are capable to do."Jonghyun scoffed.

 

"She loves me so much so she won't do that."I remarked. "Don't take it wrong, Onew." I said to him and he just scoffed and nod his head.

 

"Oh , it's her!" Taemin suddenly exclaimed. He is looking up ahead and we all look at the same direction he is looking.

 

"Who are you looking at, dude?" Minho asked him.

 

"The girl who just attend our class earlier."Taemin answered.

 

"Oh yeah, her."Minho replied. I didn't know who they are looking at because there's a lot of girls there.

 

"Are you referring to that girl who is walking her way here?" Onew asked.

 

"Yeah."Taemin and Minho both replied.

 

"Whoa! She's hot dude! How come I only see here today?" Key asked with their eyes glued on one girl.

 

I furrowed my brows when she smiled at me.She looks familiar to me though. Then I realized that she was the girl on the rooftop earlier.

 

"Hi!"she greeted us with a smile which I think made most of my friends feel delighted. "Uhm, can I join you guys?"

 

"Hell, yeah!" Taemin quickly answer, the rest nodded their head in agreement.

 

"Thank you."she said and gracefully sat down on the chair across me. "I haven't introduce myself, have I?"she asked.

 

"Yeah!"they answer in unison.

 

"I'm Amy Lee, but you can call me Ailee."she introduce herself to us.

 

One by one, my friends introduce themselves to her. They really fancied her, I think. I think Krystal had been replace as their number one crush by Ailee. When it's my turn to introduce my name, she stopped me.

 

"I already knew who you are, you are Amber Joseph Liu."she spoke.

 

"Yeah."I replied to her with a faint smile and she smiled back.

 

My friends entertained her by talking to her nonstop. I waited for Krystal to come but she is really taking too long. Luna and Sulli had already arrived but her, she's nowhere to be found. I should have waited for her outside their class. I tried to call her but she is not picking up. I ask Sulli about her whereabout but she too didn't know about it. Where could that girl be? Our lunchbreak is almost over.