This Is It

Looking From A Distance

AMBER's POV

 

Days had gone so fast and our summer break is almost over. Krystal and I got more closer than before. I didn't expect that our relationship will turn out like this. I thought we will be forever strangers, that I will just continue to look at her from a distance but I think I got wrong. My best friend Luna was right, I should look things closer in order for me to know how really beautiful it is.

 

"Honey, when exactly Luna is coming back?" Mom asked me while we are having dinner together.

 

"She said next week." I replied to her.

 

"You should introduce her to Krystal, I'm sure they will get along with each other."she stated happily.

 

"They already know each other, Mom."I said to her and scoffed.

 

"Oh, that's better!"she exclaimed and flashed her smile. "So four of us can have a dinner here in our house then."she continued.

 

I scoffed upon seeing my Mom's reaction. Sometimes, I think Mom likes to have a daughter than a son. I wash our dishes while Mom is baking a cake for tomorrow. While I was washing the dishes, my vision suddenly got blurred. I close eyes for a while to relax it. I lately experience at a random time. I think too much reading will really damage your eyes. Mom's attention turned to me when the plate that I'm holding slip out of my hand which creates a clanking sounds.

 

"Are you okay, honey?"Mom asked me.

 

"Yeah, Mom."I replied to her and flashed an assuring smile.

 

I think it's time for me to get a glasses. Sometimes, having a bad eyesight is making you dizzy and giving you a headaches. I think it's time for me to visit an Ophthalmologist. I hope it won't cost a lot.

 

KRYSTAL's POV

 

Amber looks happy today. I think it's because Luna is coming back home soon. His smile didn't left his face. Most of our female customers like it but the sight of them smiling back on him never amused me.

 

"We got a lot of female customers lately."he stated when he got back at the counter.

 

"As if you didn't like it."I replied to him and rolled my eyes.

 

"Eh? What are you talking about?"he asked me with puzzled look on his face.

 

"You like it when those girls will smile back at you."I said to him.

 

"It's our job to smile to them, right?"he replied and scoffed. "Anyway, our class will start soon. Do you think we can be classmates?"

 

"Do you want me to become one of your classmates?" I asked him.

 

"Yeah, it's our senior year. At least we can have one more year to hang with each other. All of my friends got a crush on you so they will be happy if they become closer to you."he said flashing a cheeky smile.

 

"Yeah right."I replied to him lazily. "I hope you got that on me too."I whispered and sighed.

 

"Huh?" he asked me with raise brows.

 

"Nothing!"I replied to him annoyingly and shooed him away.

 

"Mood swing again,huh?"he scoffed. "Smile Princess, your sweet smile is one of the reasons why our customers keep on coming back here."he stated while playfully lifting up my chin with his hand, flashing a playful smile.

 

"Yah!"I yealled at him and yanked his hand then glared at him.

 

"Ooooh!Scary Jung's glare."he said, pretending to be scared and later laughed. "Seriously Krys,  your sweet smile brightens our day here so smile."

 

"I only give my smile to those persons I want to give it to."I replied to him.

 

"So I guess I am not one of those persons then."He replied to me and then sulk.

 

Seeing his sulking face made me laugh. It looks cute but it's making him looks more stupid.

 

"Wow, you're laughing."he said with widened eyes. "Well, I think your laugh is better than your smile."he said flashing his dorky smile and it cause me to stop from laughing. 

 

He turn his attention to the customer who called him. He excused himself to me and attend to the customer.Remembering what he just said warms my heart. I lower my head and smile. I think I am the one who is falling deep on him and not the other way around. Amber is just doing it naturally while me, I think I have to strive hard to make him fall for me. My beauty and charm has really no effect on him.

 

"Welcome!" I greeted the customers who just enter the cafe.

 

They all look familiar to me and they were all staring at me with widened eyes. Amber scoffed when he approached them.

 

"Wow, you guys are finally resurrected."he stated to them.

 

"Dude, I am not dreaming, right?"one of them, that is very familiar to me asked him.

 

"Yes you are not."Amber scoffed.

 

"H-How long does she have been working here?"a guy with round eyes asked.

 

"Since the start of our summer break."Amber replied. "Kry, this one who looks like a mouse is Kibum Kim. He is your number one fan." he said to me.

 

"Hi!"Kibum said waving his hand with a wide smile. I slightly bow my head to him and return his smile.

 

"This frog-like looking guy is Minho Choi, Sulli's cousin."he introduced the other one. 

 

"It's an honor to finally be itroduced to you, Krystal."Minho said as he reached his hand to me and shake it.

 

"S-Same here."I replied to him, forcing a smile.

 

I got a little bit surprise when Amber cut off my handshake with Minho. I think his friends where surprised too of his sudden action.

 

"You two can't hit on her while you are in my territory."he said to his friends putting a serious face.

 

I pray that his friends will continue to show their affection to me so that I will be able to know if Amber will get jealous and conclude that somehow, he really have feelings for me.

 

"Whoa, bro since when did you have feelings for Krystal?"Kibum asked him and scoffed.

 

Wow, I like this Kibum guy. I look at Amber and I notice that his friend's question caught him off guard. His friends laugh when his face turns red and I think this is it!