Come In

Looking From A Distance

KRYSTAL's POV

 

Whenever you get hurt, you will never be thankful about it, right? But now, when Amber hit me with the can that he kicked, I feel thankful about it. I feel thankful that my ankle is in pain, that it got red. He carried me and this is one of the best moment in my life. I don't know why I'm feeling like this.

 

"If you can't carry me anymore, you can put me down." I said to him because I think he is already tired.

 

"Nah,I'm still fine. Besides we are almost there."he answered me.

 

We both keep silent and I think he is not a talkative type of person or maybe he is just uncomfortable right now. I quickly think of something for us to talk about because I don't want the atmosphere to get awkward.

 

"You and Luna Park are really close." I stated.

 

"Yeah, she's my best friend."he replied.

 

"How long you guys know each other?" I asked him.

 

"Maybe 6 to 7 years."he answered and I am starting to get annoyed.

 

"So you guys really don't know each other from early childhood?"I questioned him again.

 

"Yeah, that's right."he replied with uninterested tone of voice.

 

I suppressed my feelings inside. I don't want to ruin this moment and waste this opportunity for us to become friends.

 

"T-That's cool." I answered.

 

"Hmmm."he just hummed in response.

 

I rested my chin on his left shoulder to relax myself. I think he don't mind because he didn't have any reaction about it. Finally, we reach our house without us uttering any more words on our way. He gently let me down on our doorstep and an awkward goodbye moment is about to start.

 

"Do you want to see Jack-Jack?" I asked him. His eyes light up and I curve a smile. "Come inside." I said to him.

 

"Uhm, mabybe some other time."he rejected my invitation again.

 

Our attention was turn to the operson who just open our door and it is my sister, Jessica. She raise her brows when she saw Amber. Amber greeted her politely and Unnie just slightly nod her head.

 

"Are you here to see Jack-Jack?"Unnie asked him.

 

"Ah,no Noona. I just walked Krystal home."Amber answered her and hearing him utter my name makes me feel happy.

 

"Oh, that's...disappointing." Unnie replied to him. "I think Jack-Jack already miss you, you know."Unnie stated which makes me look at her with furrowed brows. She flashed a faint smirk on me which makes me glared at her.

 

"Oh, okay. Maybe I'll check on him."Amber relied with a faint smile.

 

"Jack-Jack will be very HAPPY." Unnie remarked putting on a happy expression while stressing out the last word and glance at me. "Come in."

 

"Thank you."Amber replied with a timid smile.

 

I and Unnie went inside first and Amer followed us behind. I walk closer to Unnie and elbowed her. She just giggled in silent. We lead Amber into our living room and Jack-Jack came running to meet us. He wag his tail to all of us. Unnie left us alone in the living room to prepare something for Amber.

 

"How are you, little guy?" Amber asked Jack-Jack when he squat down and pat the puppy's head. "You really take good care of him. He looks happy and he gain weight."he said when he turn to me and flash his dorky smile. The same smile that he give to his friends.

 

"Of course!" I answered him and smiled back. I stoop down next to him and play with Jack-Jack too.

 

"I'm impress."Amber mumbled which made me raise my brows.

 

"Huh?" I questioned him.

 

"I think I know now why you have a lot of fan boys."he spoke and scoffed. "I really should get going now."he continued when he got up.

 

"Just stay for a while." I said to him and stand up. He is looking at me with raise brows. "Uhm, Unnie prepared something for you to drink."I continued.

 

"Oh,maybe 5 more minutes will do." He replied after he check his watch.

 

How about 5 hours? It is still 5:30 for heaven's sake! Does he has a wife who is waiting for him to come home? Geez! Stay longer, will you? Or do you want me to lock you here inside?

 

"Amber, your last name is Liu, right?" Unnie asked him when we settled down in the living room.

 

"Yeah."Amber replied as he put down his cup of tea.

 

"Does your family own that Liu Cafe?" Unnie asked him which caught my attention.

 

"Yeah."Amber answered shortly.

 

I can't wait for Summer break!

 

"Wow, that's great!"Unnie exclaimed happily and then she glance at me flashing a sly smirk.