Episode 24

We Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The weather started to get hotter with each week as the skies got brighter. People were walking down the streets of Seoul with fans in one hand and umbrellas in the other. Children had ice cream popsicles in their hands as their parents watched them eat with joy.

 

(At the WGM Village)

 A laptop was on the coffee table, playing a movie. The JungGyu couple was sitting close together on the floor watching a movie, a blanket covering their legs. Sunggyu’s arm was stretched out behind MinJung, resting on the edge of the couch. MinJung was enjoying her pint of ice cream as they watched the movie. “Ahhh,” Sunggyu said. MinJung scooped some ice cream and fed him. “Oh isn’t that an indirect kiss?”

(A lazy afternoon…)

 

The couple’s heads turned when they heard the doorbell ring. MinJung paused the movie as Sunggyu got up and went to the door. She waited patiently thanks to the pint of ice cream she had. “It’s a mission card,” Sunggyu said as he walked back to the couch. He sat back down next to her and opened the envelope.

 

“It’s a nice day to play with family!

Spend the day giving joy to children at an orphanage.”

 

“Let’s go?” Sunggyu sighed and asked, “I wanted to finish this movie.” He got up and stretched his hands out to her. “Let’s give some joy to the children,” he said. “Oppa, you make it sound cheesy,” she took his hands and he pulled her up. They toppled onto the couch after she hit her leg against the coffee table. Sunggyu was rubbing her knee as they laughed. “Mian!”

 

 

The car stopped outside a building and the couple got out. MinJung waited behind Sunggyu as he took something from the back seat. Pulling an icebox and carrying grocery bags, they walk into the building. “Is that an ice shaver on the icebox?”

“Hello?” the couple called out softly as they entered the building. A woman rushed out to greet the visitors with a smile. The couple had huge smiles as they greeted the woman. “We’re here to bring some joy to the children,” MinJung said. (cheesy line) Sunggyu snickered and MinJung had to hold in her laughter, nudging his stomach.

“Thank you,” the caretaker said sweetly and led them in, “What is that in your hands?” “Because it’s summer, we decided to make patbingsoo for the children,” Sunggyu explained. “Whoa the children will be happy!”

“Thank you so much!” the woman said. (touched) “Come this way.”

 

“Children,” the caretaker called out before she walked into a room. Squeals rose as the couple walked into the room.

Some children were still in their uniforms, doing their homework, while other children were playing together. The children turned at the call of their caretakers voice and the female students squealed at the sight of the couple. (SURPRISE)  “Introduce yourself,” the caretaker told the couple. “Neh annyeonghaseyo, INFINITE Sunggyu imnida,” Sunggyu said cheerfully. Some girls were covering the mouths with their hands while some boys stared with the mouths open. The younger ones looked at the couple with curious eyes. (Who?)

“And I’m actress Kim MinJung,” she introduced herself. The children were still in shock about their surprise visitors. “This couple has come to make patbingsoo as presents for you,” the caretaker explained. All the children had grins reaching their ears and cheekbones reaching heaven.

 

(Q. How did you feel when you saw the children?)

“I was worried,” Sunggyu expressed, “I didn’t want to be awkward with children since I don’t have much interaction with them. But when I saw how happy they were to see us, I thought that the day was going to be good.”

“Seeing those children makes me feel like MinJung had our own children that we had to take care of, so I wanted to make this experience memorable for us as a couple,” he added.

(Q.  How did you feel when you saw the children?)

“I felt excited to make the patbingsoo for them,” MinJung answered, “They made me feel good and accomplished, like I really brought joy to people.” “Of course she brought joy,” the studio assures.

“Besides my cousins, I barely had any siblings,” she explained, “So just seeing these children made me feel like I’ve gained an even bigger family.” “Oh, they have different perceptions about the children.”

 

“The orphanage has gained financial support from the government, so we are able to send some of them to school until elementary school is complete,” the caretaker explained to the couple as they watched the children pack up the common area. The older ones prepared bowls and spoons for the patbingsoo while the younger ones kept their toys and washed their hands. “The older ones then have to work hard for orphanage scholarships. I think it’s refreshing for them to see idols they’ve only seen on TV right in person. I’m sure you’ll encourage them with your presence.”

The couple listened with small smiles on their face. The caretaker left them to help the children prepare the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter