Episode 14

We Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Shall we go for the water ride?” MinJung asked. Sunggyu nodded in agreement and they got on the ride. As they went through the rapids, Sunggyu started exclaiming at every turn and splash. “He’s quite a coward,” Jungmin says.

MinJung screamed as a huge amount of water splashed onto her. “Yah, koenchana?” Sunggyu said from his seat. He managed to avoid the splash. MinJung hung her head low as her fringe stuck to her face.

As they left the ride, Sunggyu tried to dry her face with his cardigan. He stood embarrassingly by himself outside the restrooms while she dried herself inside.

 

“Let’s watch this,” MinJung pointed at the castle. As they waited in the line, they heard squeals. Some girls recognized the couple. Getting into the ride, the couple strapped themselves in, wearing their 3D glasses. Squeals could be heard as the seats vibrated and water sprayed onto the audience.

“That was fun,” Sunggyu said as they walked out of the castle, holding hands. Some girls waved at them and they waved back.

“Oh! Their things are so cute,” Sunggyu exclaimed as they browsed through the merchandise store.

“Let’s try one of their drinks,” MinJung said as she looked at the menu board. They left the shop with a potion bottle with a pink slushie.

 

“Shall we try the roller coaster?” MinJung said excitedly. The camera shows a red roller coaster with the name “Enchanted Airways”. “Isn’t that for children?” Misun questions.

“I thought you didn’t like roller coasters!” Sunggyu exclaimed. “Just this one please?” MinJung used (aegyo), “It’s not as scary-looking as the Mummy ride.”

Sunggyu gave in and let MinJung drag her to the queue.

As they sat in the ride, MinJung held on to Sunggyu’s arm. Sunggyu was on the verge of (mental breakdown) with his eyes closed. The coaster went up the slope, and the couple was squealing already. As the coaster went down at full speed, the couple shouted with a mixture of joy and fright.

The couple stepped out of the ride exit, and Sunggyu squatted with his hands holding his head. (again) He immediately got up. “It wasn’t that bad.” MinJung wasn’t convinced as she giggled at Sunggyu’s lost facial expression. (aged ten years) “It was okay,” Sunggyu said with a smile, “Jinjja.”

 

“Oh! It’s Madagascar!” MinJung pointed, her other hand clutching to her bag. “Whoa!” Sunggyu exclaimed as they entered the animal kingdom. The Madagascar parade was going on. The animal mascot danced to the movie soundtrack, asking the audience to join in with clapping. “Can we take a picture with them?” MinJung asked with excitement. Sunggyu nodded and they went into a line.

 

“I felt like I was bringing a little sister around,” Sunggyu said, “She had so much glitter in her eyes that I couldn’t say no to anything. I felt like I wanted to give her everything.”

 

“Oh! It’s the king!” The couple walked up to the King Julien XIII mascot for a photo and waved at the mascot. The mascot waved coolly before picking Sunggyu up for a photo. “He’s strong!” Sunggyu stayed like a baby in the mascot’s arms as he tried to smile through his embarrassment. The studio laughs at his embarrassment. King Julien then hugged MinJung, whom Sunggyu pulled from the mascot. He quickly linked their hands as they waved to the mascot.

 

“Did you have fun?” Sunggyu said as they walked back to the Hollywood section. Their surroundings were quieter now. “Mmm,” MinJung answered, “Komawoyo, NamGyu, for playing those rides with me. Even though you don’t like playing them.”

“Ani, koenchana,” Sunggyu replied immediately, swinging their hands gently.

“Oppa, are you tired?” “Uh,” Sunggyu answered before they laughed, “Let’s rest before we have dinner.”

“Arrasseoyo,” MinJung said, “Ah, this place was fun!”

 

Back at the hotel room, MinJung sat with her legs crossed on the bed, flipping through the magazine. She put it down and looked to her left, “Oppa.”

“NamGyu oppa, are you okay?” She picked up her magazine and continued reading. The bathroom door opened and Sunggyu stepped out, closing it behind him. Clutching on to his stomach, he fell onto the bed. She turned at looked at him, “Are you okay? Do you need medication?” “Oh, he couldn’t handle the food!”

“I’m ok,” Sunggyu said. He stretched out his hand and MinJung slowly took it. “You should rest too. We have an hour before the driver comes.”

MinJung nodded and lied down next to him. They fell asleep with the warm sunlight shining on them.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter