89

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

With a slight uncomfortable feeling Siyeon looked at herself. She definitely wasn't used to wear dresses like these, even though the tailor somehow had managed to make her look good. The dress was frilly and light, made out of a dark blue, light blue and white textile. The skirt ended a few inches above her knees and the shirt was ornamented with silver lines at the hem, just like the skirt. It had a white collar and a decorative blue ribbon around her neck. The sleeves weren't connected with the shirt and had been tied with a ribbon band on around her arm. Under the skirt she wore black leggings and black high heels.

Mao had given her a pair of silver earrings, each of them holding a teardrop shaped sapphire. “Are you sure you want to give me these? They look expensive and if I lose them I can't pay them back, you know,” Siyeon commented as she heard that Mao entered the dressing room. The sound of his steps stopped and as she turned around she saw that there was a very light flush on his face.

“It's okay. It's not like they were expensive,” he muttered. It was a blatant lie but there were no signs of Siyeon not believing him, though she still looked like she doubted his words. "I am still sure that they were hella expensive. I... Mao, are you blushing?"
The red color on his cheeks intensified and he turned his head away. "Don't be ridiculous. It's just too hot outside and it doesn't help that I wear a suit," he growled while he fumbled a bit at his tie.

Siyeon had to admit, Mao looked mad handsome in a suit. It had been custom made only for him and everything fit perfectly. There were no creases anywhere and even the blue shirt he wore under the jacket was without any creases. "You look good in a suit."
Mao really did but somehow Siyeon couldn't get the thought out of her head that Mao intentionally matched the color of his shirt with the color of her skirt. "You look good in that dress. It's nearly sad that no one will see you though," he sighed.

“Yeah, I know but precautions and so on,” Siyeon mumbled while she nervously brushed her short hair back. The atmosphere was awkward and bot Mao and Siyeon stepped back with a relieved sigh as Matsuda entered the room. He vigorously walked into the room but stopped immediately as he saw Siyeon. “Oh wow. This... you really look good in that dress. Good job, Mao.”

Coincidence or not, Matsuda wore something similar to Mao's suit only that his shirt color was the light blue color of Siyeon's shirt. “Anyways. The car is waiting outside. Matsuda, I leave the masking spell to you.”

Mao mock saluted before he left and Matsuda looked at Siyeon with a gentle smile on his face. “Give me your hands. You will be invisible to the most people, except for Mao, me, Kai, Sehun, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, Chanyeol and Yixing. I thoughts that you would be happy to see them again.”
Siyeon hadn't even thought of something like that especially since her mind had been busy with the upcoming ball.

“You don't look too thrilled to see them again. Is something wrong with that suggestion?”

There was absolutely nothing wrong with it but Siyeon hadn't expected that Matsuda would go that far to make her feel at least a bit comfortable. “I thought you don't like them,” Siyeon commented but he only raised his brow. “What do you mean with that? I never said that I don't like then, did I?”
No, he really never has mentioned that but nevertheless Siyeon knew that he was not too fond of Sehun and his friends, which surely originated from the fact that they were the sons of those council members.

Matsuda drew a circle on her forehead, before he gave her a slight push. An impact went through her body, starting from where Matsuda's hand had touched her chest. “It should be done by now. Come, Mao's waiting for us.”

-

The ball would be held in the NTT Docomo Yoyogi Building in Sendagaya, which was an area in Shibuya. Siyeon didn't want to think about how high the rent must had been for the whole building and a slight headache started to grow in Siyeon's head. “Are you alright? You don't look good,” Matsuda asked with concern and handed her a glass with water. “Yeah, I am fine. Just a bit nervous, I guess.”

Who wouldn't be nervous? Meeting the heads of the Mageíya was overwhelming enough to let everyone shiver with anticipation and fear. “We will take care of you. Promise, you will not be harmed.”
Mao sounded very serious, much to Siyeon's surprise. Usually he always had that mocking tone in his voice and there was only

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter