87

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of paper burning in the gleaming fire was strangely calming, as well as the smell and the warmth of the fire. Chanyeol's brown eyes turned amber while he threw in another pack of letters. The crackles were silent and familiar to the crackles of the woods the always burned during the winter time in their chimneys. “Do you not think that you are exaggerating a bit?” Shigen asked his son with raised brows but Chanyeol only shook his head.

“Did you not do the same as you were in my age?” A chuckle came over Shigen's lips and he walked towards his son while picking up a bundle of letters. “Right, I did the same, though I never burned your mother's letters.” The warm smile on Shigen's face showed how much he loved his one and only wife. “Mum is a very exceptional women. Of course you would never burn her letters.”
Shigen opened one of the letters out of curiosity but immediately threw it into the fire as soon as he saw the first letters. “Geez, they are getting more and more original every year. I want your ity. What?”

Chanyeol's eyes widened and his jaw dropped while he stared at his father with big eyes. “Are you serious?” His father handed him another letter, which Chanyeol opened with curiosity. Just like his father, he threw the letter into the fire. “Are the serious? Really? If someone else besides me would open one of these letters, they would think that I have some kind of crazy fan girls!” he shouted aghast while he grabbed all the letters at once and threw them all into the fire.

“They are crazy in fangirls in some kind of way, don't you think?”

Oh, how much Shigen could relate to Chanyeol's situation. As he was young, he had received just as much letters and even now he still was highly desired, but he was not someone for polygamy, which was not quite uncommon in the society of the Mageíya. He loved only one woman and she would be his only woman ever. “So annoying. Dad, can I simply not attend that ball? You know how much I hate it. The same procedure every year and the same stress ever year.”

From seven years onwards the children of the different Mageíya families had to attend the ball. Thirteen years, for thirteen years now Chanyeol and all the others had the ball diligently and sometimes they had to be forced to go there. If Chanyeol had to be honest, he really would like it if he didn't have to go but he would be the future head of his family and as such he had to be present.
“Maybe you will meet your future wife on this ball, hm?”

Shigen's red hair glowed even brighter in the light of the fire, which started to flicker and turn out while he watched Chanyeol's expression. “My future wife... I don't think so. I rather would marry someone like mum, you know.”

Chanyeol's mother was a black haired beauty with fair skin, very fragile looking from the outside but other than that she was quite tough, or else she never could have stood next to Shigen. “The most girls seem to be strong but they are so week. How could I ever consider any of them as my future wife? Maybe it is better if I never marry. Then I will end up old and gray and alone.”

As soon as Chanyeol grimaced, Shigen broke out in laughter. “Don't be so pessimistic, son. I trust fate that you will find the right one for you.”

-

The sneeze came quite unwillingly and Baekhyun rubbed his nose with closed eyes. The lodge in the garden of his family's mansion was as big as a small house and most of the time he spent his free time in the lodge. The garden had been built in french style, so it was more like a wild garden than everything else. Even though, there still was a system behind it but Baekhyun chose not to believe it.

Butterflies flew around lazily in the lodge and Baekhyun kept watching them, though he knew that he had better things to do. Down to his feet there were a lot of letters, all of them opened and torn apart to pieces. He could care less about a social gathering because he was not a person to socialize. Books, biographies and history – those were his friends and of course the others as well.
With a sigh,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter