168

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kinji felt sick. Obviously no one noticed since he was used that no one noticed anything about his emotional state. To hide his trembling hands, he simply crossed them behind his back and closed his fingers to tight fists. More than anything though, he felt confused.
Confused because he couldn't explain what just happened. The memory – he was sure that it was a memory – had showed him something new this time but more from his perspective.

He knew Siyeon, knew that he had to protect her, knew that he meant so much to him but he didn't know why. Never before in his life his feelings were so conflicted and it affected him and his duty he had towards Jooyeon. She stood not too far away from her father, his contractor and the one who had taken care of him ever since he could think. Kimjung ruled over his family with an iron fist and Jooyeon was the result of it.
Even though Kinji grew up with them, he actually never agreed with the methods they used to keep their powers.

To them, Kinji was just a tool, nothing more.

“Boy, come over here,” Kimjung suddenly said and Kinji listened immediately. He knew what the punishment was for not obeying. “Take care of my daughter, understand?” Demand was in Kimjung's voice and Kinji only nodded. “I will be meeting up with some other people now. Have fun you two.”
Jooyeon waved her father goodbye, before she turned away without even looking at Kinji. Another person joined them, Nadia, Jooyeon's shadow. Unlike Kinji, she didn't even seem to budge at Jooyeon's cruelty towards her own people.

They attracted attention, of course but so did another group.

Siyeon, Rui and Pýr stood a bit afar from all the mass of the people but they still managed to pull some gazes over to them. Unlike the two guys, Siyeon looked really pale and a bit weak on her feet.
She suddenly turned her head and looked at him and in that moment he knew it. She had seen that memory as well, she and the other two guys.

If Kinji had to be honest, he didn't know what to think of those two, only that they were incredibly strong. “Ah look who's there. The little princess,” Jooyeon growled.
She meant Siyeon, of course. There was no doubt that she meant someone else. Whatever Jooyeon's reason was, the hate she felt towards Siyeon was completely unreasonable to understand.
It was no wonder that she would garner the attention of the students, considering that she was a Mageíya who had been raised by humans.

Sure, Jooyeon hated it when someone else stole the attention from here but that hate was abnormal. Kinji stopped for a moment though to look at Siyeon a bit longer. She resembled the Siyeon from the memory fairly. Her hair was short now and she didn't have a baby face anymore. She was rather slim, a bit too slim but that could come from the stress and whatever occupied her mind. Her cheekbones got a bit higher but her eyes still were the same.

“Kinji!” Jooyeon yelled and he turned his head away and followed her immediately. “What is wrong with you?” Nadia hissed silently, so that Jooyeon couldn't hear them. “Nothing. What should be wrong with me?” he asked back his voice unemotional as ever.
“Don't know but something is not right with you.” Nadia was as sharp-minded as ever but Kinji didn't fear her. In fact, it was the complete opposite. She feared him. Because she knew what he could do and in her opinion, Rui was unpredictable, which was right. He was unpredictable.

Again he turned his head, only to see Siyeon still staring at him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter