163

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Siyeon hasn't been so nervous for quite a while now and waiting in the rather small room made her feel even more. Since the principal was one of the people who didn't belong to the council but were old enough to know what maybe had happened before, Siyeon finally got the courage to ask him personally.
There was only one problem though; she couldn't simply walk into his office and talk to him. In her old school she easily could have done that but now that was completely impossible.

The secretary hasn't looked everything else than happy and she still glanced over to Siyeon from time to time with that strange gaze of hers. A Mageíya who didn't grow up in the mageíyan world, she must had heard about it as well, probably.

Suddenly the secretary picked up the phone. Her serious face changed to surprise before she put down the phone. “Mr. Kamashima is ready to see you now,” she said indifferently and pointed at the door.
As quick as she could Siyeon walked towards the door without running before she carefully opened it. Behind a big, wooden desk sat a man in his his forties. His hair had silver lines at the side but he was was handsome nevertheless.

“Mr. Kamashima?” Siyeon asked and the man gave her a small, but warm smile. “Sit down Siyeon, or should I call you Miss Han?”

Miss Han was a bit too formal for Siyeon, and she wasn't used to it anyways, so she told him that it was fine if he called her by her name. “So, my secretary told me that you wish to see the headmaster.”
The smile on his face deepened as he saw the surprise on Siyeon's face. Chuckling he said, “No, I am not the head master. I thought you would remember my name.”

Kamashima, Kamashima... wait. “Ah! The secretary Kamashima Takeda, right?” Now the man broke out in loud laughter, which sounded so carefree and cheerful.
“Yes. I sign all the approval letters with this stamp here.” Again he laughed while he pointed at the set of stamps right in front of him.

Much to Siyeon's surprise he seemed like a really cheerful and friendly person, a bit like Shigen. He had a mischievous sparkle in his eyes, which was soft and not as strong as Mao's.
“Mr. Kamashima, I would like to see the headmaster because... I would like to know more about my parents. Someone told me that the headmaster might know something about my whole situation.”
The cheerful sparkle disappeared out of Mr. Kamashima's eyes and his brows slightly furrowed. From his gaze alone Siyeon knew that he knew about his situation as well

“Your parents... I see. Siyeon, it's not like I can't understand your situation – if I were in your position I would like to know everything as well – but you have to understand that people are not allowed to tell you anything because... of certain reasons.”
Mr. Kamishima knew something and a strange feeling turned her guts into a tight knot, because again she was so close and yet so far.

The smile returned to Mr. Kamishima's face and it looked like he wanted to pat her head for a moment. He raised his hand but pulled it back immediately. “I am one of those people who are not allowed to talk but the headmaster is. You were on the right track with him but the question is if he actually wants to talk to you.”

His words repressed Siyeon's sudden excitement a bit but it wasn't enough to stop her from showing it. “Really? He knows something?”

Rather carefully the secretary raised his hand and pointed Siyeon to sit down again. “Yes, he does but nevertheless it doesn't mean that he actually wants to talk to you. The headmaster is a rather strange person, if you want to put it that way.”
A sigh came over Mr. Kamishima's lips and he stood up to get some kind of form. “He's not here at the moment but I will leave him a not and make sure that he will get back to you.”

He silently filled out the form but suddenly raised his head. “You can go now. The headmaster will give you notice when he wants to talk to you, or not.”
Rather awkwardly, Siyeon stood up and walked towards the door but stopped as Mr. Kamishima called out her name. “Siyeon. Even if he rejects you, don't give up, understand?”
With a smile, she nodded and left the secretary office, slightly confused but also incredibly relieved and happy. Finally she got a trace, but she tried not to keep her hopes up too high.

Maybe she would hit another wall very soon.

Siyeon's prediction proved itself to be right. Right at the next day a latter found its way to her dorm room and of course it was a letter refusal. She wouldn't give up though, just like Mr. Kamishima had told her.
On her way to the secretary office she bumped into someone quite unexpected. “Luhan?” sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter