155

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mao's apartment was quite modern and seemed like a copy of Mao himself, as strange as it sounded. His working desk was a bit messy and there were some clothes lying around but all in all it very neat and clean. Since Siyeon already was used to him being slightly messy, he simply sat her down on the couch.
Eyes red and still slightly watery, Siyeon tried to hold back the next wave of tears. On their whole way to his apartment, Siyeon had cried her heart out without giving Mao any explanation.

He had hold her hand tightly the whole way and he returned to doing that after he had put some water and fruit juice on the desk.

“Who made my most talented student cry?” Mao asked half mockingly and half serious. His words worked wonders though because they elicited Siyeon a slight grin. “I am your only private student,” she reminded him while she tried to wipe the tears away.
“What? Who said that? I have a lot more students than only you,” he grumbled. Putting his arm around Siyeon, Mao ruffled her hair a bit.

“You told me, idiot!” she called out, finally laughing properly, which had been Mao's intention from the get go.

The ruffling turned softer, until his fingers started to twirl the streaks of her hair between his fingers. “So, something must have happened during the dinner with Shigen. Wanna tell me about it?”
Mao's presence was always so calming and he always gave off a feeling of safety, at least Siyeon felt safe and comfortable around him, even though he could be annoying at times.
“You wouldn't leave me alone anyways, right?” she asked him, while going back to lean her head against his shoulder.

“No, I wouldn't. I am your teacher after all,” Mao grinned. Before Siyeon could throw back a sharp return at her, he pinched her cheek and gave her another kiss on top of her head. A warm and fuzzy feeling spread inside Siyeon, a feeling that was only too familiar to her.
As soon as she realized it, Siyeon tried to back off but Mao didn't let her. A gaze got exchanged and Siyeon immediately knew it.

“Let's not talk about this right now. Let's talk about the dinner. What did you find out?”

Taking a deep breath, Siyeon shove away all the unnecessary thoughts and started to tell. From the things Shigen could tell and the things Shigen couldn't tell, she told him everything.
Mao listened silently without interrupting her. The only thing that he did was continuing twirling her hair between his fingers. “So you still don't know if your parents are alive or not,” he concluded with a frown. He could only imagine how frustrating it must be for Siyeon right now.

Something wondered him though. If Shigen was so close to Siyeon's family, they must be pretty high ranked. How come he never had heard

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter