153

Two Moons
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The rest had worked wonders on Siyeon, even though it hadn't been really long, and her mind had been quite busy with Chanyeol's sudden hug. She knew that Chanyeol was kind of searching her near and that he kept on pondering on Kai kissing her cheeks. It felt... different with Kai and that was the only explanation Siyeon could give, if anyone would ever ask her.

Still nervous, but not as nervous as before, Siyeon opened the door to look if Chanyeol was already on his way to pick her up. He just came around the corner, with a nervous smile on his face. As soon as he saw Siyeon though, he stopped, his jaw dropping immediately.
“Woah, you look so pretty!” he stuttered while Siyeon rubbed her neck. “Thanks. Do you think I am overdressed? Ara told me that I should rather wear something pretty? So... yeah,” she mumbled and shrugged slightly.

“Oh no, you are not! I mean... maybe a bit but not too much. The dress is really pretty though, just like you!”

Again, Chanyeol's face turned beet red and this time, Siyeon flushed as well. “Should we go then?” she quickly asked and pointed down the hallway. Siyeon tried to overplay the sudden awkwardness.
For a moment Chanyeol seemed to be quite confused but then he nodded and went ahead. “Sure! By the way, I hope you like Italian food. My parents thought you would like to try something else than Japanese food.”
A strange expression hushed over Siyeon's face and Chanyeol immediately recognized the fault in his words.

“I didn't mean to offend you. Maybe you had Italian cuisine before? We didn't know,” he tried to explain but Siyeon already waved it off. “Don't worry, you didn't offend me.”
Her parents weren't all too rich, even though they earned enough money to live a proper and happy life. They barely went out for dinner and mostly ate at home and their meals never had been outstanding or anything, but Siyeon always had been happy with her mother's cooking.

For Chanyeol and the others, who grew up with all that luxury, eating all that foreign cuisine must have been pretty normal.

“Still, I am sorry for being so thoughtless. The dining room is over there.”

The dining room was a bit smaller than the living room but it still was large. Siyeon had expected a long, angular dining table but instead of that, there was a round dining table so that everyone could talk to each other comfortably.
Siyeon sat down next to Chanyeol, opposite to Sera and Shigen, who already waited for them. “You look lovely!” Sera called out with a smile, which Siyeon replied immediately.
“So, Siyeon. I heard that you proved yourself as a serious contender in college. I have to say, I feel kind of proud,” Shigen chuckled, much to her surprise.

It didn't surprise Siyeon that he knew about her progress, considering that Pýr attended Prosperity High now and he probably had Yixing reporting to him as well, or Rui maybe, but what surprised Siyeon was that he was proud of her? Why was that, she asked herself.
Shigen seemed like he immediately knew what Siyeon thought, she could see it in his eyes, and she immediately knew that he really did know more than she could even imagine.

But... he didn't say anything. Dinner came in, or rather the appetizers and some salad in vivid colors, served on big plates. “You have some questions, I assume?” Shigen asked and the atmosphere in the room changed abruptly. “Yes, I do but I don't think you are going to answer every of my questions, am I right?”
A smile hushed over Sera's face and she threw her husband a glance. “She is not dumb, which is no surprise.”

Frowning, Siyeon's gaze shifted from Shigen to Sera. So she probably knew something as well. Not wondrous at all.

“Father, mother. What are you guys talking about?” Chanyeol asked. His face showed that he didn't know anything at all, and that he was just as confused as Siyeon.

“This has nothing to do with, my dear son, this is a matter that has to do with Siyeon alone but you can listen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter